My partner and I have just arrived back from a great week at the Phenicia having booked the hotel based on a recommendation from friends.
The hotel is immaculate and well maintained, the pool was very clean and the sun beds were comfy, with cushions put on the every day by the lovely pool staff.
We spent a day on the beach but found the amount of people trying to sell to you a little annoying and unwanted. However, the beach is still a lovely place to be, especially with the beach bar.
Our room overlooked the gardens which was OK. The bed was MASSIVE and really comfortable. The air conditioning in the room wasn't great but luckily there wasn't much need for it due to the cooler weather.
The food was good, but we would have liked a bit more variety. We understand that our trip was early season and that this is maybe why there was a limited selection of foods. The choice of drinks and cocktails was brilliant and free bottled water is always a big plus.
We arrived on a Sunday and when we went for a walk around we were greeted by people claiming to be part of the Animation Team (who don't work on a Sunday) and who are there to sell you trips/activities. We booked a quad biking excursion through one of them, which we wouldn't recommend. Most tour operators offer a quad biking trip so book it with them.
By far, the best part of the hotel is the staff who can never do enough for you, from the pool staff and cleaners through to the reception staff and our attentive evening waiter (Messaoud). The Animation Team were fantastic and work so hard putting on the day activities and evening shows (which are definitely worth a watch).
Overall a good week in a lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet