“Its what you make it but not what we call in England a 4*”

L'Ecrin Sandra Club
Ranked #79 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The only good thing I loved and miss about our holiday was the animation team. They were amazing. Absolutely helpful , kind and very funny n friendly. I stayed at the hotel Sandra club with my husband, 6 year old son and 11 year old daughter. NOW on to the bad bits. Hotel rooms, reasonably clean but we had a small amount of mould, air con didn't work and the electrics were apauling also the light was hanging of the ceiling in the bath room. There was many other complaints about rooms from other couples we met too.
Food. All inclusive is not what we call ALL inclusive. Set times for breakfast, lunch and dinner but other than that we ate very little as the food wasn't that great.
Wouldnt recommend going out much as you will get hassled and money taken from u. They are in your face constantly and will harrass u. Roads, paths, beech not what it looks like in pictures.
There will be people in the hotel trying to sell you day trips out and con money out off u.....Do not book trips through them or through the hotel. Take a 10-15 min walk to the marina, book trips down there. A LOT cheaper!!!!
It's a take it or leave it holiday. Just be careful and remember to say NO. Kids lived the pool and the entertainers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Now, before I start, I have visited the middle east and Africa on many occassions, staying in anywhere from "5 - 2 star"
I wnr without too much expectation to Sandra Club Hammamet.

Oh dear!!!
Paid for a room with Balcony, was ushered into a small square of a room overlooking the road!
No towels, no soap, NOTHING!
We then argued for 1hr next day with the manager, luckily enough, We were met by the most fabntastic rep, who secured us a room with a balcony !! RESULT..

OR NOT :-(

We were put in a room which overlooked "carthage land" the 2000watt amplifier system creaked and crackled with rubbish music and shouting till 4am EVERY NIGHT!
We were then moved to a Pool view room which was much quiteter, but, after a couple of days, the damp smell was really bad, and our clothes wouldn't dry!!!
I then found out that the air con was pushing "spores" thrughout the room as the aircon was the palce where al the damp was, I pushed my finger throught the ceiling without effort!!
We didn't use the aircon from then on and it wasn't so bad. We didn't bother askin for another room as we couldn't be bothered anymore :-)
Only downside to no aircon was keep patio door open and get bit to buggery by mossies :-))

The food in the hotel is TOTALLY RUBBISH! We were all inclusive, however, we ate out every night as the food was unpalatable! It was like feeding time at the zoo when the food did come out.
Lack of cutlery / glasses / cups /plate /food!!

There are FLIES EVERYWHERE!!! The place STINKS and the whole area of Hammamet, is just flie blown and there is rubbish everywhere, it stinks.
Manhole covers reek of Faeces right down the street, I bought my other half a Jasmine flower everyday so she didn't need to smeel the c@*p!

My other half was laid up for 3 days with Dyssentry, Had to call the doctor at 4am (bless him and very cheap if you do get ill, 70 dinar for visit an injection )
Now, I'm not saying she contracted this at the hotel, well, maybe I am, as for the next few days, people all around us wre ethrowing up / Deli belly, including myself for 1 day and I've got the strongest belly known to man!

The whole place is a complete [--]!

And I mean Shole!!!!
I was actually thinking of starting a dieting club with regular visists to Sandra Club, It would be a whopping success as I'm sure you'l lose loads of weight while you are there.

Also, I seen a review regarding the Lebanese restaurant.. Food is rubbish!!! I returned my chicken twice before giving up :-(
but 35 dinar wine was good.

If, unfortunately, you have booked to go to Hammamet, then spend your time round the Marina!!!! It's so much nicer, the restaurants are good and there's no smell of [--]!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobRandom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

hello there i booked this holiday with out reading the reviews which was a very bad idea. my husband and i have just come back from hammemtt and it was arlful the place was dirty and not very nice only the weather. were to begin i complained several times and told them the hotel needs shutting down it was filthy and ants all over, my husband was ill for 3days. the food was dibolical and i lived off cobbed bread and butter for the whole. the rooms were filthy and we moved 3 times. we have holidayed for 20years all over the place and i must say this was BAD. i have been to tunisia 3times now and have had 2 bad exspirience and wont be going back again. this hotel does not cater for the english as all the food was nothing like what we would eat at all. i exspect different food in different countries but anything edible was cold the forein children would take handful of food with there hands and jump staight to the que with no manners and no one would stop them till they met my husband. the waiters would only wait the own and very ignorent the whole holiday was £1,250.00 and was the worst i have ever had. DON'T GO THE PLACE WANT'S SHUTTING DOWN AND HAMMAMETT IT SELF STINKS THERE WAS RAW SEWIGE AND DEAD RATS AND AS FOR JASMIN WAS NO DIFERENCE. if you have already booked this place without looking at the reviews first like i did, good luck you'll need it. ONLY FOR EASTERN EUROPEAN BECAUSE THERE USED TO THIS, NOT LIKE THE ENGLISH EVEN THE KIDS CLUB GIRL FROM POLAND HATES IT THERE. THE BEACH YOU ONLY GET WATER AT AN ALINCLUSIVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHINK LIKE IT. WERE NOT FUSSY PEOPLE JUST LIKE A STANDARD AND GET WHAT WE PAID FOR. THANKS FOR READING I WOULD WANT ANYONE ELSE WAISTING MONEY AND WELL HERND HOLIDAY TIME OFF WORK.

Room Tip: egypt but only a 5 star
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Dear Reader, please believe what you read below and stay away from this hotel unless you're travelling with someone you dislike and want to give them a torrid time. Anyone with a sane mind would not give this hotel more than 2 stars. Four stars? yes, but only if you're currently homeless and sleeping rough! Staff at reception are friendly and speak with you with a smile. But be warned, they are blatant liars. They will say anything to make you happy! They are prepared to tell you that they can bring heaven to earth for you, but when it comes to action, they don't lift a finger!! the room looks clean because there is hardly anything in it! just a bed made of stone with a mattress on top and a stone seating area with cushions on top. The TV is connected to the only socket in the room ( the other socket is in the bathroom, in case you decide to electrocute yourself out of despair and disappointment with the hotel). The TV is not worth watching. Picture is not clear. No remote. You have to pay a deposit for it and ask for it at the reception. You may or may not get one. The floor is stone and so it stays cool but we found it dusty and it was never mopped during our weeks stay at the hotel. No fridge. You have to hire it and ask for it at the reception. You may or may not get one. We were promised one but didn't get it. No safe. You have to hire one. Ask at reception. you may or may not get one. Towels were clean and changed every 2 days. Cant take them out of the room. You may hire a beach/swim towel. Ask at reception. You may or may not get one! We were again promised one but didn't get it. So we bought one from the local shop! sheets are clean but changed every 3 days. Toilet is clean. but our flush was broken. Asked reception for help. As usual, they promised to help and send someone over but no one came. I had to ask them 5 times to get someone to come and fix it. Some guy came and tweaked something and said it was fixed. And so it was! Only for it to be broken by the cleaning lady who didn't bother reporting it. I called reception few times and then gave up. The bathroom floor was tiled and didn't have any drainage system and so the water always collected and became dangerously slippery. My daughter slipped 3 times. Cleaners wouldnt mop it up. We had to use towels provided to spread over floor. The Bathroom door had a handle missing from the inside. So once you pushed the door shut, you were unable to pull it open because there were no handles. I can imagine myself leave the hotel room asking my wife to lock the door behind me. She then goes into the bathroom and pushes the door shut. I cant get in because she has the key and door is locked. She cant get out of the bathroom because there is no handle to pull it open!! I had to make sure i had that fixed immediately. Air con, would go off during the day around 2pm and come back on at 9pm. In very hot weather, this is bad news. I asked reception more than 6 times a days and they would always make excuses or they would send someone to say to us 'its getting fixed right now'. somehow it always take them upto 9 pm to fix the problem, whatever it was. Food is terrible! I would not even feed that to dogs! Tasteless, raw, boring and poor. If there was anything worth eating like chips, then that would vanish withing seconds because the people using the hotel are rude, arrogant and uncivilized. They had no idea what a que was. They would push in and fill their plates as though they have never seen food before! The waiters were very rude and if they weren't tipped regularly, they wouldn't let you sit in their area of service. One said to me i couldnt sit down because the table was reserved! I got angry and said to him, where does it say it is reserved. I want to see your Chief right now. I raised my voice and so he backed off and began to apologise furiously. at most times there would be no cutlery, no plates or the tables would not be set or cleaned. The baby chair was always dirty, and so we would clean it. Breakfast would run out by 8 and so after 8 you would have to settle for the scraps. I thought the bar was good but then quickly changed my mind when i saw how long the ques were and that the staff were rude and would always be talking to each other or chatting to young girls. The TV in the lounge was mostly off or sometimes showing a football match which had an empty stadium. (imagine the quality of the game). Overall, hotel was poor. i would never go back there and i would ask you not to go there unless your arrogant, rude and uncivilised. Beach was good but then I was surprised that the bar at the beach which belonged to the hotel is outside your inclusive allowance! The shops around the hotel were fine and the restaurants were good. That's all. once you're there, you're stuck. You cant go anywhere else. That will be your holiday. Now leave this site and go and find yourself another decent hotel!

Room Tip: Stay away from this nightmare
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

If your from Eastern Europe then this is the place for you, if your from the uk then don't bother, room and cleanliness is ok but the food is terrible, and entertainment is bad, my advise would be don't go here

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Eddieutt
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel is good but not perfect but you can't expect that for this price. Beach is closeby, about 500m. Hotel and the rooms are very clean! Any problems are fixed instantly (day and night). Breakfast is poor because there is hardly any choice (great chocolate croisants btw). Lunch and diner are ok (repetitive dishes if you are there more than a week). Staff is absolutely amazing! Always friendly and very helpful. This goes for reception, restaurant, bar and animation. They accompanied us several times after their shifts to go shopping so we wouldn't be bothered by pushy salesmen. We had the same waiter every day: mr. Moez, he always had our table ready with drinks waiting and a couple of times made a great effort decorating it with flowers and such. Animation team is very good, they try hard all day to organise fun activities and get you to join, if you don't want to they will leave you alone. For us they made our stay more fun especially thanks to Ben, dudu, Justyna and our favourite: Adrianna Rucińska also known as Ada (the lovely blonde girl on the pictures)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank superfly84
Reviewed August 11, 2013

where do i begin with this hotel..
We arrived to check in, at the counter were several groups of people trying to get moved to a different hotel. not a good way to start out trip. however we have travelled all over the world and experienced the best and worst hospitality so are willing to try anything.
our room was allocated, we went upstairs, used the toilet which then flooded the bathroom floor with the contents. NICE...
we changed rooms the following afternoon after a maintenance man tried convincing us hat it wasnt too bad to have human waste on the floor.. GET REAL!
our new room was acceptable. very basic but it had a bed, aircon and a working toilet and shower. it was somewhere to sleep.
sadly things went rapidly downhill with the hotel.
the food was such poor quality, i seriously wouldnt feed some of it to my dog! it was repetetive and poorly prepared. and quite often whatever was left from the previous meal was somehow reincanated in the next.. i think the chef may have been a budhist!
we werent made ill by the food , but decided we would eat elsewhere. the hotel is ideally situated right next door to 'carthage land'... this place has umpteen different cafes bars and resteraunts both inside and out. there is a lebanese resteranut further down the promenade which is superb.
the staff in the hotel were terrible. the entertainment staff acknowledged our existence, but as for waiting staff and bar staff, if i was the manager i would simply replace the lot of them. they were rude, ignorant and more interested in conversations with each other than working.
the staff at the check in were polite and efficient, when we had an issue they were very helpful and sorted the problem quickly.

the beach area is a 5 minute walk on a hot day, its not part of the all inclusive and appears to be run by some sort of racketeering group. the guys who try selling the dodgy cigarettes all meet here to get their supplies on a morning, and then stop here for breaks during the day. the older guy who looks aftert the beach (nothing to do with the scallies in the beach bar) is great. if you give him a couple of dinars here and there he will be most helpful. which is a great advantage when the beach is dominated by russians and polish who simply hog everything. (he even saved us some beds several times using his own towels).

the swimming pool area is simply dog eat dog... i was continually amazed at how ignorant people could be, the best example was 3 towels over 6 beds and 2 parasols... and no one used them all afternoon. they were there if they needed them though!! the beds were often taken before breakfast which left the only option as the beach.

jasmine hammamet itself was ok, theres nothing there really apart from sovenier shops and cafes. it is a purpose built tourist destination so there is none of the 'local charm' here. it is generally clean, however several times the beach was ruined by large quantities of litter coming down from the harbour area. and frequent visits from jeely fish.. (they sting like a stinging nettle and are otherwise harmless).

there are better resorts in tunisia (this was our 3rd visit), and certainly better hotels. with my hand on my heart i cannot honestly recommend sandra club to anyone, it is the only bad thing about our stay, and i saw it ruin the stays of several other people who couldnt get moved from the hotel. it is that bad. please believe the reviews.

Room Tip: To get a good room, try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple