“Value for money, relaxing break”
Review of Chich Khan

Chich Khan
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Lee, United Kingdom
“Value for money, relaxing break”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were hesitant to go back to Tunisia with our past experience however decided to try a different area and I'm pleased we did!
The holiday came at a great price so we weren't expecting the ritz but the initial impression was good. It seems to be a running theme that your room isn't ready but we think this must be because check out isn't while 12 and flights are often coming in earlier than this so it doesn't quite marry....
We got to our room which wasn't great but we don't spend much time in the room so weren't over bothered but the next day when we realised that the balcony doors had no locking mechanism and just stuck shut I went straight to reception! They were very courteous and without hesitation gave us another room which was nicer and with a better view.
The things that stood out for us was the staff at the hotel, they were mostly efficient and welcoming. They remembered drinks orders and although I do feel the need to tip good service I didn't feel I had to. The restaurant staff were also great and we were even shown how a pumpkin was carved decoratively when we stood admiring it! We enjoyed the food but we eat anything and are quite creative. I only struggled once in 15 days. We did decide with other couples we'd met to eat at the steakhouse in Yasmine but I'd have rather stayed in the hotel!
Yasmine hammamet wasn't great itself, although its ok! Just be prepared for hassle from everyone!!!! We really enjoyed the Friday market at nabaul as this gives a taste of real Tunisia.....
We really enjoyed our stay and for what we paid for it I think we got a great bargain!we would go back if we just wanted a sunbed holiday... I'm sure it would be livelier in the summer

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank cear40
H0tel_Chichkhan, Responsable relations publiques at Chich Khan, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your very nice review. It is a satisfaction for us that you spent with us stay at Chich Khan.

The opinion of our clients is always very important. Comments like yours constantly motivate us to continue improving our exclusive and personal service, so that our customer can enjoy a wonderful time in our hotel.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at the Chich Khan hotel for one week. The people that work here are probably the friendliest people I've ever met. The rooms very very nice and clean. The food was very good and there were a lot of selections. You are constantly looked after. The pool is huge and very clean. The animation team are absolutely amazing, these guys do everything they can to make the guest smile and to give them a good experience. In all the hotels I've ever been to the animation team here are THE BEST, they are great entertainers and they always try and involve you in the activities and make you smile and have a good time. If I go back to Tunisia I will go come back to Chich khan!!!

• Stayed April 2013
H0tel_Chichkhan, Responsable relations publiques at Chich Khan, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am going to start of with the Amination Team and Waiters at Chich Khan because they made my holiday a million times better! They work so hard, from early in the morning to extremely late at night, they hardly have anytime to themselves and they ensure that everyone is having a good time. They hold a lot of different activities in the day, and are extremely friendly! I become close with a few of the animation team such as Medo, Mahmado, Seif and Badi, you have the friendly banter with them, and it just makes you feel very happy to have that sort of friendship! The waiters in the restaurant work very hard and are always there to answer your questions and get you anything you need. Hadi was such a great laugh, and he will be missed! However, one thing to consider is at the late night entertainment when all of the animation team are performing, you tend to get them come up to you asking how old you are, what's your name, and to stay after 1am to have a drink.. My sister got asked to go 'upstairs' with them to one of their rooms after the 3rd day of being there!

The food there is repetative, i always had rice, pizza and chips, but they were brilliant. You had a lovely range of different foods such as pasta, salad and meat. YOU HAVE TO TRY THE PIZZA, it is made right in front of you and it is fantastic! and the puddings are great!

We went in the middle of April so we didn't know what the weather would be like, we were told it would be lovely all week, but we went for 9 days and only 3 of them was beautiful weather. You would lay in it for an hour and already start burning and tanning! The pools were freezing, but Mimi (part of the animation team) said that it was because of it not being summer over there. The other days weather was rubbish. Cloudy, raining and lightening, this ruined our holiday and all we could do was sit in the lobby on wifi. There was nothing else you could really do..

The staff and Animation Team made my holiday complete and i would love to return for them, however i would never return back to Tunisia as when you leave the hotel, it is a completely different story. You have people who pull you and hassle you to give them money, the odd people saying 'i work at your hotel' blah blah blah, my brother who is 16 got offered weed on the streets, and everyone was trying to grab my 3 year old nephew. It was a scary experience and after i didn't leave the hotel. The country is very poor, you have a security guard on the gate, but he just sits there, people ride the streets on bikes with no helmets, i saw one bike with 3 people on all messing about, there are no police to secure them and most people in the village walk around with knifes and guns. My mother got abused and shouting at by locals because she didn't by something from their shop, it was very scary but she didn't retaliate as she didn't know what could have happened. The beach is very plain and small. The atmosphere is dead and there is no night life at all. Our pram got tangeled in barbed wire and fish hooks which was lying around the streets and there was poo all around the streets. I really do recommend staying in the hotel and not to leave!

I enjoyed my holiday, but after about 7 days, we all just wanted to return home because of the crap weather and the poor outside life from the hotel. I would love to go back to see the Animation Team and Staff again, but because of the country, i will not be. I really enjoyed my time in the hotel and had such a great time, the team are incredible and so friendly, they made my holiday perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms which are at the back of the hotel are so much nicer and larger as you have a beautiful view o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Akhia S

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We visited this hotel for one week in April and had a great holiday.The staff at this hotel will go the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your stay .During our holiday we joined in the pool games and fun games which were all organised by the animation team each and everyone of them do an excellent job to ensure you have a fun holiday,if you prefer to be left to you own devices the thats okay as well .The food was always well presented lots freshly cooked options including fish meats veggies salads pizza pasta ect and the desserts need a special mention as they were delicious as were the pancakes with chocolate or honey our grandaughter especially enjoyed these .We visited El Djem amphitheatre it was a full day trip and the whole family enjoyed it .A visit to the spa in this hotel is a must we had a steam room treatment exfoliate and seaweed scrub followed by an amazing relaxing massage very good value for money.The room we had was spacious and comfortable we had a slight problem as the maid only changed our towels once i kept asking her she said she would bring them later but never did but all things considered we would return to the Chich Khan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank moople

Tattershall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The first impression was one of organised chaos. This was mainly due to arriving at 11 am and the outgoing holiday makers not having to check out until 12 noon. The staff where running around trying to sort out rooms to keep peoples wait as short as possible, with some new comers not understanding or not willing to accept the situation. Throughout this the reception staff where pleasant and polite.

The room was pleasant, clean and in a reasonable state of repair. The décor was plain, but adequate. I would have preferred a slightly softer bed as the ones in the room are firm but not hard. The hotel itself is in a reasonable condition although showing signs of its age, a bit like a well loved teddy worn and a bit tatty at the seams.
The food was of a reasonable quality, but did get a bit repetitive. Breakfast was the usual selection to be found on the European continent remembering that this is a Muslim country so no pork based products i.e. bacon, salami etc. There was usually a good six or seven main dishes, with a similar number of side dishes to choose from at lunch and dinner. For those that prefer to stay around the pool salads, pizza, chips and other items are available at the pool side bar during lunch time.

The Animation team are an enthusiastic bunch who try to provide entertainment throughout the day and evening. My only comment on the actual entertainment is that it is very Club Med and that if I had the option again I would not have bothered wasting my time with the Cabaret Night as the humour was more attuned to the French sense of humour than the British. The other nights proved enjoyable as long as you were willing to join in.
The staff I could not fault, everyone was polite and helpful, going that extra mile to make sure you enjoyed your stay.

The Yasmine Hammamet is purpose built resort so if like me you like to explore then this is not really the place for you unless you are willing to travel that bit further.

All told the holiday experience was good but not outstanding.

Tipping – As a rule I tipped the pool man 1 dinar for supplying the sun bed mattresses, the waiter 2 dinar at dinner and bar staff 1 dinar every couple of rounds. 1 dinar is about 40p.

Money exchange – The exchange rate is set by the government, so it doesn’t matter where you change it you get the same rate. Don’t change to much as the hotel is not allowed to change it back and the airport charges about 30% for the pleasure.

Other expenses – security box paid for at reception and towels (20 dinar deposit for each towel). Remember if you hand them in on the last day that means you will have cash to dispose of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mal197
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My cousin and I have just returned from one week at Chich Khan (pronounced 'Sheesh') and enjoyed it very much and it was our first trip to Tunisia. Sadly our arrival was spoiled somewhat by the very long time getting through Passport Control which was of course no fault of the hotel but compounded by the hotel presenting us with another questionnaire to complete on arrival. This accompanied by a good deal of shouting from the reception manager. We were then sent to an unsuitable room before finally being offered what we had booked for. I understand from others that this is very commonplace. After that it was great. The hotel is reasonably clean and equipped, better than others, and the staff were excellent with the exception being a tendency to be over familiar, to an uncomfortable degree, toward apparantly unacompanied women. This was a minority and the most were very friendly and helpful, and well trained. Food also very good, try the Pizza! We sampled most if not all of the local dishes and very much enjoyed them. The area is good fun to explore bearing in mind different approaches to bartering and persuasion, the private beach was gorgeous and included camels and the hotel pool was also very good but very cold water in April, they kept telling us it would warm up later in the season. I would certainly go again.

Room Tip: We were in 1212 which was fine, the outlook was palm trees along a side road which was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cazinzumerzet

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had never been to Tunisia before and had heard a lot of mixed reviews but when we got to the hotel we could not be happier. I travelled with my finace, sister and my friend (ages between 27 - 32). We had the best time while we were away and are very sad to be home now.

The rooms were basic and could do with a little upgrading but they were cleaned everday by the lovely maids and everything was in working order, but sure how much time do you actually spend in your room on holidays?

The food was amazing, every meal i had ws lovely. Although travelling with 2 vegeterians the menu is quite limited as omlette seems to be the only vegeterian dish in the country.

The waiting staff are so nice and remember your drinks and have your table waiting for you for coming to lunch / dinner (they like to entertain you a bit too :). The reception staff and bar staff are lovely too and your always gauranteed a good laugh.

The entertainment crew are fab. While your trying to get a kip on the louger after a night of drinking they get great pleasure of sneaking up on you and shouting 'ARCHERY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' in your ear, so watch out for that trick :)

Would love to go back very soon as i miss it already :(

Room Tip: get a pool side room if possible as there are lovely views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends