“Wonderful honeymoon.”

Ranked #11 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful honeymoon.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Sentido Aziza for our honeymoon in May 2013. We booked it thought Thomas Cook, who, as I am a Travel Agent greatly exceeded my expectations, and looked after us wonderfully. This hotel is a spa hotel, and is focused on rest and relaxation, therefore it is out of the resort and there are no nightclubs or the equivlient of 'Britain abroad' and people that want that type of holiday should either stay at home or go elsewhere. The hotel was lovely, nicely decorated, the staff couldn't do enough for you, and the pool area was peaceful with the occasional session of water aerobics. The food was also very good, plenty of choice, however some of it is Tunisian, as your in Tunisia! But I never ate the same thing twice and always went back for more, as it was all very tastey. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, it was a little bit of luxury for us. we got upgraded to a suite, as we were on our honeymoon, which was great. People who expect any more than this for the price you are paying are being unreasonable, and unrealistic. And I would like to see this kind of service in England, as you wouldn't get it! As a travel agent I am extremely fussy about where I stay on my holidays, and I didn't want to leave this hotel, and I would go back again any day. it was a friendly atmosphere and you can definitely escape reality here. People who want chips for their dinner, pubs in the evening and and 18-30's clientele should go to Benidorm! Tunisia is not like England, it has a different culture which I find very interesting with all of the excursions on offer. If your looking for a week away with nice food, friendly service and a good standard of accommodation and facilities, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a sea view or a suite then do, it's well worth the extra money!
7 Thank K R
Ioana V, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for choosing the Sentido Aziza Hotel for your honeymoon. We are very glad that you have enjoyed staying with us and hope to welcome you back for your future holidays in Tunisia.

Until then,
SENTIDO Aziza Beach Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
birmingham
Reviewed May 30, 2013

just returned on 25th may after ten days holiday there i found the the food of very good quality and plenty of choice the bar staff very friendly and the service was good espacially inthe pub downstairs and the lobby bar the rooms very spacious and clean we had room 118 which faces the village not the best view in the world but if you want some late afternoon sun it was stunning , not a lot to outside the hotel but taxis are very cheap so you can get about easly ten dinars eachway to the marina as far as wearing jewlery outside only common sense tells you what to do we had no bother at all

8 Thank rogerbateman06
Ioana V, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that you have enjoyed staying with us.

Bristol
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was only the second time I'd ever been on a sunshine package holiday and I was a bit nervous about the whole experience and whether I'd enjoy it. However, the whole thing was fabulous and I wish I was back at the Aziza right now!

First impressions of the hotel were great; we were helped with our luggage and shown into the bar for a welcome drink, cold towel and to fill in our registration forms. The guest relations manager then gave a little talk about the hotel and handed out our keys and all inclusive wristbands.

We were in Room 159, which was spacious and had a lovely sea view as requested. The beds were remade nicely every day and the bathroom kept really clean. I found the beds comfortable but some nights we didn't sleep because of the heat (no air con until June) and getting bitten by mosquitos. We didn't take a plug in repellent with us, which was a big mistake. However, the very kind lady in the shop downstairs got hold of one for us when we asked. Our room also had a huge balcony, although we didn't really use it.

My boyfriend and I loved all the food at all three meal times. We ate in both the Tunisian and the International al a carte restaurants, which were both nice (however the dessert in the Tunisian restaurant wasn't great!). Service was always good and they always kept your glass topped up with the lovely red wine. Pool bar was great, it was so good to be able to get a beer and nip back to your sunlounger in record time.

It was great in terms of entertainment because there wasn't much! Not much loud music round the pool (only at Zumba time) and no one pressured you into joining in. We took part in the darts one day and table tennis another, but they are happy to just let you carry on reading your book and being lazy if you want. So we just alternated between books and taking a dip in the bracing outdoor pool. There's also an indoor pool which is good for a pre breakfast swim or for doing lengths at the end of the day to work off some of the buffet food! They also put out brand new sunloungers the day we left, which were much nicer than the previous ones. We didn't take our own towels and coped fine, but I would take my own next time and get the hotel ones for drying off after the pool.

Overall, it was great and we can't wait for our next holiday!

Room Tip: We got a sea view room, which was lovely. The view is worth the extra!
6 Thank gregtraveller
Ioana V, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad to know that you’ve enjoyed so much staying with us. We are going to forward your compliments to our staff and expect you any time back in our Hotel.

fife scotland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Welome to Prison............ worst location i have stayed at in my life - 3 shops in the area - no pubs - once you are in the hotel, you are there for the duration. there is nothing to do. 1st thing the rep told us was if you were going out the hotel, remember to remove all your jewellery as you could be mugged outside. Hmm nice start to a holiday. you have a thin strip of sand at the beach, but when its windy that disappears as the waves cover it up. Food at the hotel wasnt to my liking but i was able to live on bread and cheese for 2 weeks. The pub is quite a nice place to be - quiet, but what else would you expect with an average age of 70. Dont expect to get drunk here - waiters in the main bar totally ignore you even when you tip - entertainment is welllllll BRUTAL. i could go on and on - but Thomas Cook should warn people of what to expect when they get to Tunisia. In General the hotel needs to be uplifted to another location, preferably out of tunisia. Go to turkey and take a look at how to run a hotel. One good thing we had in the hotel was a good looking camel on the beach... NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT TUNISIA

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank fiferbill
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review and for your certainly well-meant advices.
Unlike the UK and Ireland, Tunisia does not have a”pub culture”, it does though have a pretty charged millenary history that you could have discover on the organized (and perfectly safe) trips. Also, we are sorry that the food did not meet your taste.

Eccleshall, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for a week 17th May to 25th May.We wanted a chill out holiday to celebrate our silver wedding anniversery we left our 15 year old with nanny and grandad so chose this hotel as it was adults only.Check in was easy and took about 5 mins.I had emailed the hotel and asked for seaview and double bed and we got the seaview and a kingsize bed.Room was massive and spotless as was the rest of the hotel.Pool was clean and quiet with only background music.No pressure to take part in the low key activitys.We loved the pool restaurant for lunch.We had no problems with the food.The staff were great.The beach was not the best but that wasnt the hotels fault the whole stretch of beach was the same.International restaurant very nice.We went to welcome meeting very good we did a trip to Carthage and the guide was fantastic.We walked into Hammamet.We love Tunisia but if you have never been dont expect rubbish free clean tidy streets there are none.The people are great and if you say no thanks at the Medina they wont keep pestering you.We had a great time and would definitely return and recommend this hotel for a nice quiet week in the sun.

6 Thank lyn r
Ioana V, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that you’ve enjoyed staying with us and would also like to thank you for recommending our Hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Without wanting to repeat what other people have written, I'll make this as useful as I can. The transfer is about an hour and a half and we were the last drop off, but I actually enjoyed it because I got to see Yasmin Hammamet and other parts of Tunisia on the way. The check in procedure involved numerous couples just sitting waiting for rooms to be ready, luckily we were one of the first so managed to check in after about half an hour. The room had a fantastic sea view, so this is well worth it if you can get one, but they don't put air conditioning on until June, so the room was quite hot and we had to sleep with the patio doors open a few times. Spacious storage, safe in room and mini bar with free water daily. The pool guys Ali and Abdul were fabulous and made sure we had our spot and decent mattresses every day (even though some Scottish people stole ours before we got down there one day and Ali was very upset at them). The pool is also freezing, so only went in once. The lunch time restaurant has a lovely setting, if you can get a seat overlooking the sea. The staff are brilliant and very attentive. The food wasn't bad, salad bar, chips and then they varied the other dishes daily, such as moussaka, lasagne, and other dishes with lamb or chicken, plenty of veggie options too. The puddings were amazing though. The evening buffet restaurant was pretty much the same format so if you had lunch in the buffet, it did feel a little repetitive in the evenings. We didn't go to the Tunisian because the menus never appealed to us, but we did do the international restaurant 3 times and the food and service in there was very good and a lot more like a 4/5 star. The enteratinment was low key, with a magician, snake charmer, belly dancer etc. and only on for half hour or so but this is what was advertised so no complaints there. The daytime entertainment involved daily darts, french boules and zumba at about 5pm which was enjoyable to watch and music in the background aside from that was intermittent. The pool bar only served limited drinks so this was a bit disappointing, if you wanted for example a gin and tonic, they had to go up to the main bar for the short and they provided the mixer. A bit poor really, as they only really served coffee, water, beer and soft drinks. The welcome meeting from Sam was extremely good and informative so I would definitely recommend going to that. We went to La Bella Marina restaurant in Hammamet, fillet steaks for £10!, just over £50 for both of us with 3 courses each and a bottle and a half of wine so well worth it, including free transport there and back. I didn't like the beach at all, it was full of sea weed and huge rocks so we never used it, which is very unlike me. The storms may have had something to do with that, but it did disappoint me. Used the spa, which seems to be shared with next doors hotel. It was ok, not very professional though, even though the girl was pleasant, she was chatting to someone outside the room whilst doing my treatment so I wouldn't recommend that. I was a bit worried about the waiter service in the bar, but it was actually ok. The waiters are walking round non stop so we didn't have a problem with service, apart from when they stopped serving at 11:50pm when the all inclusive is meant to run until 12 - a bit naughty really, despite us ordering before the closing time. Overall, a week was enough. We stayed 12-19th May, the weather overall was good, just one day of rain (but it rained on several evenings) and it was windy too, which was welcomed most of the time. Its great for a chilled out holiday, but we made it fun on an evening by meeting Offshore Corfu Eric and Mucky Brenda, Cheryl and Louis (you know who you are). They made our evenings great and we laughed loads so thank you! I would go back to Tunisia and was pleasantly surprised by it but I would stay in Yasmin Hammamet where there is an area you can actually go and walk around with more to do, but if you are just wanting a chilled out week, this definitely fits the bill. Maybe it's not 5* in comparison to other places but maybe for Tunisia it is. I didn't think so and have been to numerous places to compare.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a sea view over a sunny room in the afternoon. The view is gorgeous.
1 Thank Felicity33
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We are going to forward your comments to our staff and hope to welcome you back in our Hotel some other time.

Hinckley,Leicestershire
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for 10 nights from 28/4/13.This was an excellent hotel for the price that we paid.We found the food to a very high standard with lots of choice & definitely the best that we have experienced in our 7 visits to Tunisia.Rooms were well decorated & comfortable in general, the beds & pillows were not so comfy!Most staff were efficient & polite.We mainly used the pub downstairs.There is a problem in having to wait for a drink in the main bar & this could be up to 30 minutes which is not acceptable.More than 2 waiter staff are required if the hotel insists on drinks served at your table & not allowing you to go to the bar & order yourself.The pool area is beautiful.I did do the water aerobics one day however this was not energetic or structured enough for me & only a handful of people participated for I believe this reason.We would return if we could get it for a good price for sure, but the bar service in the main bar lets the hotel down and for this reason I would not pay a high price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happycouple3
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review, but as we are a respectable hotel, we cannot let our guests stand in line to get their beverages from the bar (this way it would resemble a cafeteria).