“A truly amazing Holiday”
Review of IBEROSTAR Averroes

IBEROSTAR Averroes
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was sooo lucky to have this holiday paid for me by my friends parents, i spent two weeks with them and my friend in this glorious hotel where the staff are really friendly and helpful, even though i went during ramadam, the food was also amazing, the room was big and spacious with plenty of room. The hotel has many facilities that it should be 5* and it also has many trips available that the hotel organise and much entertainment through the day and into the night. I really couldnt have wished for a better holiday
Loving the pool-bar
The area is pretty good, quite a few good shops and a tunisian market place just down the road
also a good clubbin sceene for people who want to groove well into the night
Met so many lovely people and great friends, so glad i went

Room Tip: sea-view has a nicer view, but can be loud during the evening Front/hotel view looks out to the cit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Samuel H
There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Averroes

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Thomas cook holiday booked through Barrhead travel. No regular rooms available on booking so was given a sea view room for same price. Flight and journey to hotel uneventful. We had about a 20 minute wait on our room on arrival but bearing in mind about 4 uk flights arrive within an hour of each other this didn't worry us at all. We had a 3rd floor room which was spacious and clean with lovely views. First impressions was it was a lovely hotel and we had chosen well. One male on reception was quite rude, had no time for people etc but the other reception staff provided a quick and cheerful service.

Beds not the comfiest but nothing that's stopped me sleeping. Room cleaned to a high standard daily, towels changed as required. Fridge in room kept things cool if not cold. We used the safe while out of the room. Balcony was spacious with a couple of chairs and a table along with a drying rack for washing.

Food was average all inclusive. Most nights there were lots of choices that even the fussiest of eaters would manage something. On one occasion there was virtually nothing I liked but I still managed some pasta and cheese!

Pool was lovely, no problem getting a lounger although unless you were early it would be a bit further from the pool. Found it difficult to get a drink though, often had to wait by the pool for quite a while as those in the pool took priority. I did miss a bar at the beach/pool area, however this in no way affected our holiday it was just a personal thing.

We did the African dream/zoo and it was well worth the money, would recommend it. We also did the wine tasting, not being a wine drinker it wasn't top of my list but it was a good day out.

Weather wise we were a bit unlucky, we only went for a week and 3 of those days it rained. The 3rd day it started raining at 2pm and didn't stop. We made use of the indoor pool while everyone else stood with towels wrapped round them hoping it would stop. The 4th day it rained all day, we only left the room to eat. The 5th day it stopped raining in the afternoon just in time for our trip out. Wasn't expecting 3 days of rain in August/September but no one can control the weather.

One thing I was concerned about was 2 women on their own. We needn't have worried. Yes you were constantly asked to take a look at their shop but we never felt intimidated in any way, if you want to look then look, if not, say no thanks and keep walking. We usually ended up bantering with the shop owners about Scotland and whisky! Bartering is something I didn't find easy but I got there. There are fixed price shops that are reasonably priced if you are looking for souvenirs without any pushiness.

Lovely hotel, pool, people and resort and would go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank sendto_jackie
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our holidays was 31st October to 15th November, for myself and my sister,

hotel was good quality, clean an airy very nice entrance, room was big an spacious I found my bed quiet comfy, we did have a fault the one an only electric socket was hanging of wall, we reported it was fixed within an hour, but no electric was coming though, off we went again and, the guy at reception was apologetic and again within an hour was fixed…

Maid service was brilliant clean towels every day, an our pj’s an bed sheets were left very artistic..

All inclusive, im very fussy but I managed to find some thing to eat each meal time, even if it was just potatoes, veg and bread, I asked the head honcho why there wasn't any bananas, an a day later he came up to me with a small bunch of bananas for me that’s service  , many people piled their plates of food, its just us British that are fussy.. Our waiter had a bottle of rose wine at table for us , was very polite an chatty, free water for fridge every day from any of the bars,

Bars, the pool bar shut within a few days of us arriving which was sad, but we did manage to get in the pool on day 5, think that was out hottest day, cos by heck the pool was freezing… lobby bar waiters are brilliant, happy, chatty an helpful thanks to Abdul, he made our holiday a lot better and mounie , always had a smile an kiss on the cheek  although one night were sitting out side an they switched the lights off on us at 12.30 pm! Take it was meant for us to go bed

Pool/beach like I said before the pool was freezing some brave souls were in , the sea is a lot warmer, but we had a couple of rough days were seaweed was piled up on beach nov 5th we did see them raking it up an cleaning it , indoor pool nice an warm but could be full of locals..
Dine around, we did use this facility didn't like the oriental (wasn't really oriental) dining but enjoyed the Mexican, was nice to see inside other iberostar hotels

Entertainment, dire, sorry to say, the daily programme was full, but the participation an enthusiasm wasn't there, evening entertainment was poor, I actually felt bad for them the one show I did go to see

Trips, we went to the African dream the zoo, evening meal an entertainment that was well worth the money enjoyed that

Weather, was okay for time of year , had a good few sun bathing days, got a nice tan and when it was hot it was deff hot!!., last few days were stormy had a good night of thunder an lighting, but still warm

Outside resort , nightmare!!!, hassled all the time, being two single females, very intimidating , the young guys cross the street an say * you remember me, im the waiter at you’re hotel* it’s a ploy, was quiet smelly were the horse an carriages were stationed, shop / stall holders were always grabbing an pulling at you to get you in shops, making appropriate suggestions..

mybe cos end of season not many tourists about we got it worse, then if we had been at height of season.. Who knows..

Would I go back to an iberostar yes, to Tunisia no!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Averroes, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Madame,

We would like to thank you very much for your encouraging comments on our hotel and staff. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel services and installations.

Nevertheless, we understand that for you this might not be the best location for your dream holiday. Therefore, we would like to point out that we have different types of accommodation at disposal and for coming occasions, we would like to offer you a very personal booking guidance through our call center, to make sure you become what you actually desire. We also invite you to visit our web page as it can orient you when planning your next holiday.

We are proud and happy to see that you enjoyed our services and we will certainly congratulate our entire staff that contributed to delight you with the culinary highlights, the immaculate cleaning and the friendliness whilst serving you. This positive feedback keeps us motivated to our demanding quality standards. We will certainly congratulate Abdul for supplying the close and personal service Iberostar is famous for.

On behalf of the staff and myself, I must say we were all enchanted to have you at the Iberostar Averroes. We trust it will not be long before you will be back with us for another visit. We assure you in advance of our utmost care and attention and we look forward to thank you personally for your encouraging review.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Travel dates = 13th Oct'- 27th Oct.super location, right on clean beach. paying xtra for sea view well worth it.Large balconies with drying line, take pegs! Hotel and room very clean.One drawback in rooms= only have 1 socket for your plugs!! Gardens well kept. Food good and plenty of variety but don't expect English bacon! Couldn't go hungry, even sandwiches available from 10pm-12pm, but get in quickly.Alternative to main restaurant is bbq at lunch.B aware that times shortened for dinner to 9pm from Oct' 14th. Staff very helpful and friendly and only give tips if u think they dersrve it. Weather mixed at time of year and tended 2 cloud some afternoons.Entertainment team not very good.Air con is off from mid Sept' watch out for mozzies, I got bitten quite a few x = go 2 chemist 4 cream, take your Piraton! Hotel could do with slight upgrade in places. Recommended trip = Sultan 2 boat = book with hotel advert.

Room Tip: Sea view, try to book 4th floor, only 4 floors high so better view, but 3rd ok as long as palm trees...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TruthStaffordshire
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Averroes, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear guest,

To continue, we would like to point out that we are very sorry not to have been able to meet your expectations on animation and entertaining. We will continue doing our best to bring performances which are of good taste and variety.

On the other hand, we are proud and happy to see that you enjoyed our services and we will certainly congratulate our entire staff that contributed to delight you with the culinary highlights, the immaculate cleaning, the thorough garden keeping and the friendliness whilst serving you. This positive feedback keeps us motivated to our demanding quality standards.

It is our goal to provide comfortable and spotless accommodation in unbeatable locations and we thank you for letting us know you were satisfied with our emplacement right on the clean beach.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel and staff lovely rooms very big plenty of storage. Shame bed is hard and pillows lumpy. But kept very clean as is all around hotel. Staff very helpful thanks to Adel our waiter for the two weeks excellent service he provided at meal times.Also Abdul the barman always had a chat and a smile. Food at breakfast very good plenty of choice COFFEE was super and plentyful lunch buffet was good with cake and icecream but found evening meals not as good not enough choice could do with more chicken not on a bone salads great fab beetroot and coleslaw bread buns good. Water free from behind bar to put in your mini fridge drinks ok not very strong rose wine lovely and as much as you wanted on your table at meal times.You can dine around at other hotels we only did the italian in our hotel very good even though we didnt find any chicken in our starter but it was very relaxed dining.We did go out for a meal at the steakhouse beside the Medina well worth it 3 sirloins 1 t/bone with chips and veg wine and water came to 115 dinar about £46 for the four of us superb.Also an english pub called the view was nice for a change.took a taxi 7dinar £3 for 4 into old Hammamet lot of hassle didnt bother us but could see it been intimadating to some. Indoor swimming pool was good to cool off because pool outside to cold last few days we used it as weather not good very windy and cloudy so it was nice to have dont think i would go any later in the year Hotel on beach which we went on first week sea lovely 2nd week waves to much. All in all it was a nice relaxing holiday pity about entertainment poor but animation team lovely Tarek and his gang think if they upgraded beds and pillows and food and entertanment it would be a 5 rating

Room Tip: odd numbers a sea views we were at back of hotel it was ok
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank johnandmaggy
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Averroes, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear John and dear Maggy,

What a delight to read your extensive review full of wonderful comments on our Iberostar Averroes. We always strive to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and it is very motivating and pleasant to see that on this occasion we reached our goal.

We do our utmost to ensure that our customers can enjoy an enriching gastronomic experience in an unrivaled setting and with an excellent service. Therefore, we take no pleasure in presenting mediocre buffets at dinner. Our culinary team will continue working to surprise you with delicious international and local dishes at your next visit. We passed your constructive critics and your beautiful compliments regarding breakfast and lunch to our chef, who is grateful for the feedback.

We also regret you didn´t find your bed and pillows comfortable and we lament not to be informed about this during your visit, as we would have looked for a solution. We wish to offer a satisfactory night rest and therefore we have softer over mattresses to put on the main one for those guests who prefer sleeping on a softer bed.

On the other hand, it is a pleasure to see that you could enjoy the fulfilling of our quality standards on cleanness and hygiene, we understand that this is an absolute must to be able to enjoy careless of a well-deserved holiday.

Our staff which is the base to offer the close and personalized service Iberostar is famous for, always attempts that our guests feel very comfortable, well installed and welcome. We lay high value on our employees being guest orientated, as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum client satisfaction and therefore all staff members are chosen according to a specific profile and additionally they are given appropriate training. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed this and we will certainly congratulate Adel and Abdul for making your holiday so special.

We hope you had a nice journey back home, and we can´t wait to may welcome you back among us to thank you personally for your encouraging review.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I feel I have to say my point of view in response to a previous comment written about this hotel.Do some people go on holiday with a note pad and go around itemising and inspecting everthing in order to slate the hotel and staff on their return ? Why waste your energy and spoil your holiday. My friend and I (mature ladies ) went away for a restful weeks holiday from work and without my husband due to a family health issue in the family,so our agenda was rest,food and pleasant memories, and this is what we got. You have to realise in life you are not going to please everyone all the time especially when you are dealing with people !!!!! They are entitled to have off days like the rest of us. Our room was spotless and cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis with fresh towels etc and when the tissue box ran out it was immediately replaced, Staff were pleasant and helpful and dealtd with our enquires in a helpful way. The holiday started with a short, sharp to the point meeting with the Rep. Charley which was very informative and she didn't do the hard sell for trips or waste our precious holiday time by waffling.She covered everything fron Taxi's to shopping and things to do independantly.
The entertainment team tried hard to please everyone and did engage the willing guests to participate.We forgot to pack our sports equipment for the gym, or Ice Skate for the local rink !!! Do people also not realise that when you go on holiday at this time of year, after a busy summer season, things can become worn and tired looking as not all guests respect property etc and if they started painting,other guests would complain of the fumes. To sum up the holiday we were pleasantly suprised at the standard of the hotel, good staff,clean rooms and social areas, the food was different but you are in Tunisia and don't go away to a foreign country if you want chicken and chips, and if you saw the build of myself and friend you would see we do not starve. The measures of the drinks weren't very big but you just kept getting you glass refilled and on the positive side it stops drunks ! Thanks you to all staff for a restful enjoyable holiday. The only negative issue that stood out was that Thomas Cook do not put a Rep on the coach with guests coming from or going to the Airport which I thought was unprofessional if there were any issues to deal with

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank supermumjanice

Dear Janice,

We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort that you gave yourself to share the experience of your recent holiday with us and Tripadvisor readers.

We find it very important to ensure that our standards are maintained and developed continuously, therefore, we are enchanted that you highlighted that you were pleasantly surprised with the good standards that our hotel supplies.

We go out of our way to reach maximum customer satisfaction through the excellence of the treatment we pamper our guests with. Therefore, we lay high value on our employees being guest orientated and we find it enjoyable to read that we were successful, making you feel welcome.

We are also happy that you could enjoy the efforts of our housekeepers and find that everything was kept very clean at all times. We passed your compliments to the staff and they were all delighted to have contributed to your wellbeing at the Iberostar Averroes. Positive commentaries like yours help us to stay motivated and continue trying our utmost to provide perfect holidays.

In Iberostar it is our goal to achieve that our guests enjoy a splendid and unforgettable holiday and phrases like “our agenda was rest, food and pleasant memories, and this is what we got “show us that on this occasion we have been successful. This motivates us to keep meeting our demanding quality standards because to us there is no better reward than the affirmation of our guests that they had a lovely stay.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

ARRIVING - late flight so didnt get to the hotel until 2am - then you have to fill out there forms etc - dont expect an elelctronic key- they are the old fashioned type - with a big brass key tag - with the safe key - I felt like a jailer ( coulnt lose it )

ROOM - very nice ,clean, balcony fridge TV had bbc news -plus the normal arab tv channels MBC 2 and MBC Action - movies and TV - daily maid service

FOOD - breakfast was ok - I like suasage and bacon - but the bacon as normal was choped up bits and looked very unappertising - no suasage -just hot dogs . I had toast and crosants - my wife had eggs and tomatoes - very pleasent - lunch plenty of varity and chips - evening meal - if you dont like the mains, you can always have pasta etc

ENTERTAINMENT - Terrible ( didnt expect anything less ) weather was a bit chilly for the first few days Oct 29/29/30 - and not much orginsied for the guests - evening entertainment was awful ( give them A for effort though ) But I guess most of us dont go for the evening entertainment

STAFF - Nice enough, most can speak the queens, so no communication problems - waiters were very friendly

OVERALL - Nice weeks winter break, although wouldnt stay there in the summer, the pool area is not that large, so have a feeling that in the summer it would be hard to get by the pool, the beach is very dirty and not very appealing - we were approached by a local one afternoon when we were having a stroll , we left the hotel, the guy said he was the breakfast chef ( no he wasnt ) he tried to get us to go with him to an auction - we didnt - so beware strangers - And one final thing - nothing to do with the hotel - when we arrived back at the airport on our way home - because the driver of the coach didnt get many tips for driving us to the airport - we had to open the side of the coach and remove our own bags - all this while the thomas cook reo looked on- and our flight was delayed by two hours which we were not told about on the trip to the airport

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and a fridge - ask for 3rd floor cos it is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family