I have booked Dar Khayam for the week 31 December 2009 to 7 January 2010. I have booked directly with the Hotel. The payment was to be due by arrival.
As for the transfer, I have chosen transfer4you because the Hotel's transfer was much more expensive and transfer4you worked quite ok.
When we arrived Dar Khayam with our luggage, we were informed that we were not staying there but at Omar Khayam, which belong to the same chain of Hotels and it was side by side with Dar Khayam. So we had to pick our cases with the help of a Dar Khayam's employee and walk to the other Hotel.
After the check in, we were informed about our room which was quite simple (do never forget Khayams are 3 stars so do not wait for many amenities) but clean and the truth is if we are going on holidays, we are not supposed to stay at the room all day long, so it was ok. The problem with that room was that it was placed right in front of building works, which started at 6am and, having a 4yo child, it was awful.
The New Year's Eve was very nice, the Hotel was full, the animation was great, the dinner was a non stop variety of food.
The animation was the best animation I have seen in Tunisia, being this the 4th time and 4th Hotel (all superior). They are really great and Kids Animators were kind and gentle and all kids loved them.
The food was really tasty (1st time I tasted Tunisian food) and although not much variety it was enough.
My husband had an health problem and they have immediately called an ambulance, which was very kind of them. But instead of taking us to the Hospital in Nabeul, they took us to Clinique Les Violettes (near the public Hospital) where we had to pay 76€, which they have charged twice on my Visa card.
The main problem: they have informed me that the payment could be done with my Visa Card. Since we arrived there, we tried to pay but the Visa "machine" never worked. It looked like it had never worked so was the amount of dust on it. We also tried to make the payment at Dar Khayam but they said the connection was not working. So, for a whole week we tried to pay (although we were not bothered by the Hotel itself to do it) and in the end we found out that either Visa "machine" (Omar and Dar Khayam's) have never never worked as they prefer to get the payment in cash. Fortunately there was a Lady from an excursion company who had a place to work inside Dar Khayam's reception to whom we paid with Visa Card and who paid in cash to the Hotel. So, prepare yourselves to withdraw the dinars to pay the Hotel in case you book directly.
1) Staff is polite and friendly;
2) Animation is superb;
3) Meals were good enough;
4) The room would be ok if it wasn't for the building works right in front of our balcony;
5) I had the feeling that they keep Germans and British at Dar Khayam and all other nationalities in Omar;
6) For a 3 Stars Tunisian Hotel, it was a good surprise. (IT IS A 3 STAR - people forget this and they expect a 5 STAR Amenities)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Orbitz so you can book your Omar Khayam Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omar Khayam Hammamet
- Hotel Omar Khayam