“"robbed from my room"”

Ranked #52 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“"robbed from my room"”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My friend and me needed a well earned break as she was recovering from lung cancer.Hotel was OK for 3 star but needed a clean in terms of windows,doors etc.Most staff were lovely and the chef very accommodating as I have a wheat and gluten free diet.Markets are a NO NO,unless you want to be conned into their shops and pressured.On my second day I discovered my clothes and toiletries missing from my room.The receptionist(female)was very hostile with me.She sent the maid and her supervisor to my room and they raked through what was left of my belongings.I reported it to the Thompson rep who was very nice (Aidie)He reported it to his supervisor and I was told to buy some toiletries for 40/50 dinar and he would reimburse me.We got a taxi (robbed again) to town.I could not find a tea shirt or anything to fit me.I am a size 14.the lady in the shop looked at me as though I was the Hunny Monster as I was not an 8/10.The whole shop had only these sizes.We then talked to another guest who told us she found the maid's daughter and boyfriend in her room.She asked the guest for earrings and a scarf.I told her to report this,which she did.Another male guest had his leather jacket and shirt stolen from his room too.In short,the Spa was wonderful and a good price.I was offered half the £60-00 I'd paid returned to me as a way of apology.I got staying in my room until 5-00p.m.on day of leaving.I did not claim insurance as they want receipts for everything I 'd had stolen and I just don't have the energy or inclination to go through it all.My friend and me spent our week trying to get me clothes and getting taxis everywhere.It was hardly the holiday we intended.If I do go back,I will have a list of my things and live out a locked case.It is a horrible feeling and sad that these thieves waste it for all the nice staff who do a great job.All in all,if I hadn't been robbed I could have had a wonderful week. P.S. We left the "do not disturb" sign on the room door for the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank LUCY D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I always travel with an open mind and never expect 5 star when i have not paid 5 star money,but this place has annoyed me enough to write a review.On first inspection the hotel was basic and cleanish!! our room was ok and i will go as far as to say there was always something to eat in the reastaurant,my two biggest problems was first with the staff, i have worked in various jobs which as entailed me to wait on the public, but i have never expected to be tipped first before i did my job, i have always done my job first and hoped it was good enough to get a tip, not the case here if you don't tip first don't expect any service, unless its the two barmen that are on during the day they are lovely.Second the animation team is made up of male prositutes that are only interested in the ladies that look lonely and are willing to tip if they fawn and fuss over them enough,this hotel made it plain they are not keen on the british because we only book one or two weeks at a time, but love the french because they book for a couple of months, this is easy to see when you watch the evening shows, all in all its a bit like the movie dirty dancing "make the women happy thats all your here to do" by the end of the night it resembles a brothel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

this hotel is a typical 3* hotel and not the Ritz but you don't pay the Ritz prices,food could be better management and staff are great and look after you very well.rooms ect are cleaned daily.this holiday was cheap and cheerful and just the tonic to get a break from the uk's winter blues.a big plus for us was the spa treatment 10/10 for that.we wanted a relaxing holiday and thats what we got. would we go back yes if we get it for the same price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Me and my guy went here January 2014, To start off with we were transported to the hotel from the airport in a big bus with only us 2 on it, thought it was strange :/, on arrival we were giving our all enxlusive bands then took our luggage to our room. Room was ok, the bathroom didn't have a window, needs to be done up! The bar staff is excellent especially the young one. Was told the slides was included and open but that was not the case!!! Green water :/, loads of cats everywhere around the hotel there! Saw them spraying in the outdoor pool!! Don't get me started on the food, my guy eat only a jacket potato for dinner and tea(usually he puts the weight on when we go all excluseve but he lost weight here) the food is cold, horrible, no fresh veg, no fresh fruit only orange!!! We did have Sunday lunch on the last day and that was like eating gold!!! The entertainment is ok same thing, they do a good job :) beware of the guy selling you a camel trip!!!! Was a bloody joke, the camels we're very nervous (being hit) we were taking to this lady's garage!!! Not impressed, plus only took English money was strange!!! One thing we really did enjoy and loved was the quad biking and zoo, an the bloody rep was a joke, sitting there glazing at the floor dumb face!!! I would have rather gone to Blackpool!!! Tipping all the bloody time!!
Very poor place, nice beach, loads of hassling there making you feel uncomfortable, stay away from the market....nightmare. Worst place ever!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jones20202020202
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

To tell you the truth, perhaps I expected too much, I paid £400 for a week for 2 allinclusive, not a bad price for a bit of winter sun, as we drove in through the shut gates, that we're shut again after we got through, I thought ok, security is good, not a bad thing, it was 23.00 so couldn't really see nothing, Xmas trees and decorations are what greeted us in reception, that was nice, told to go and get food that had been kept warm for us, before they checked us in, room was dated, but quite large, and clean, bathroom could have been better, a lovely sea view, to our surprise when we open our curtaines in the morning, there was entertainment every night, and the staff were great, the bar stayed open till midnight, don't know wether that's the case in summer, I couldn't even drink their brandy, vodka, it tasted like paint stripper, thank god we had a bottle of each, duty free, the food was not the poorest we have ate, but it wasn't the greatest either..... More of the same, 3 times aday, the hotels beach is well sexy, and we did go to find the shops once, but we got pounced on and hounded by every shop keeper there was, 6 shops, 30 sales people.... Lol, it's situated in the old part of town, and we found it to be more like a prison camp, where all the other hotels around it seemed to be falling down and empty.... The pool with the slides.... Well what can I say... Green sludge,,,,, I think this was the worst birthday present to my husband I have ever got him.... We won't be going back !!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Never again .... The room was rotten we got moved I paid for the outdoor slides I've seen pond water cleaner my daughter got an ear infection from indoor pool had to call out doctor food was reheated from night before spent most of our money eating out pizza and pancakes for 2 wks no fresh veg or fruit I cried for the 1st week tried to come home but to expensive the animation team were the best they helped put a smile on our faces but myself and many other families are fighting to get our money back will not be returning

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank T B
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

On arriving at the hotel we were given our bands and taken straight to our rooms, goodness me that man was fast with our cases. he ran up 2 flights of stairs. Our room was average as was the bathroom. nothing special but we wernt expecting it to be. It was clean and tidy. Our only problem with this hotel was the cleaning staff rooting though our personal belongings...having read other reviews i didnt take anything i wasnt prepared to lose, so only minus a couple of necklaces although i could see where she had been rifeling through our things and not even bothering to put them back. The girl down the corridor lost 2 expensive tops..needless to say the cleaner didnt get a tip.
The annimation team in this hotel are fantastic especialy with the kids, what a wonderful job they do.
Food was fine, no complaints of flies and it was all hot. Alot of tunisian dishes so that suited us fine we loved them. Waiters were also good in the resturant but a couple of them can be a little overbearing with the ladies so look out for that.
this hotel is really in the middle of nowhere so you will need taxis but they were always parked outside and reasonably priced.
We had a massage while we were here and it was lovely and good value for money. there are some shops on the complex that seemed reasonable and a large fixed price shop just opposite the hotel gates.
We paid very little for an all inclusive holiday here but unless it was that good a deal again i woildnt go back xx

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shamazzing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammamet
Dar Khayam Hotel
#48 of 117 in Hammamet
Le Zenith Hotel
Le Zenith Hotel
#96 of 117 in Hammamet

Been to Omar Khayam Club? Share your experiences!