Concorde Hotel Marco Polo
$152
Saphir Palace & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$51
$112
$95
$88
  • Breakfast included
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$81
$207
$201
  • Breakfast included
$89
$86
2,234 results
All reviewsfirst choiceanimation teamgreat holidaypool barmain restaurantholiday makersbuffet restaurantlunch and dinnerriumarinaentertainmenttunisiashowswaiterscleanersarcherysam
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time to Tunisia the hotel was very clean and the staff very very friendly. The food was good but not great the coffee at breakfast was very strong and not very hot.The bedroom was very big and spacious we paid extra for a sea view,and it was worth it.The hotel is right on the beach which was a lovely and sandy but sea a bit rough to swim in, but the pool is fantastic,the biggest pool we have seen at any hotel.The entertainment was very poor and catered more for germans than any other nationalities.But apart from that we had a lovely holiday in the sun, and came back relaxed.

Room Tip: try and have a room with sea view worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Tunisia. After booking this hotel, there were some dreadful reviews on trip adviser, that really had me doubting I had booked the right one. I can honestly say there was no need...what people have to complain about is beyond me! We had a family suite (room 3145) with a separate bedroom & toilet/shower room, that our teenage kids used. Both rooms had flat screen TV's, if you like watching films when you go to bed, channel NBC 2 was English & had great movies 24 hours. There was a double sofa bed in the lounge for us...this was too soft for me, I went down to the Reception & they immediately arranged for a bed to be put in the room for my husband & I, nothing was too much trouble for them. There was a separate bathroom for us too, which when you have teenagers is a godsend!! We had a balcony with seaview which is well worth the extra money...it was beautiful. The complex was always kept very clean & there was always maintenance getting done. The food was wonderful, plenty of choice...as I will try anything I never found it repetitive. A lot of people had their plates full of chips & pizza, each to their own I suppose...when I visit different countries I enjoy sampling their food. The 2 themed restaurants (Asian & Tunisian) are well worth a visit, you book them 24 hours before you want to go at reception. The Animation team are all fantastic, my kids really liked Mario & Pepito, very enthusiastic & not too pushy. Free wifi, free safe & pool towel cards are great, not having to pay out deposits for them, although if you were to lose a towel they will charge you 20 dinars, which is fair enough. Beach is lovely, kept in reasonable condition, need to be careful at the area the kids play football on the beach as my son cut his foot on a tin can under the sand. Lots of seaweed that people think is camel poo - it is not !! Pedaloes/canoes on beach are free. There are water sports - banana & doughnut rides, also parachute, you pay for these but they are not too expensive. There are men that come round that are approved by the hotel to sell you trips...I think the first choice trips are cheaper though. Beware the people coming up trying to get you on the camels or selling you things. The Marina & shops are only a short walk away (10 mins). If you not into the whole bartering thing just go to the fixed price shops, some are really cheap. Be firm & don't put up with any nonsense from any shop keepers, leave if they become too pushy/rude - you get the odd one like that if you don't buy! The Medina is the worst place for getting harassed. On a whole the Tunisians are very friendly & nice. We made friends with some family's & went to shops together, the bigger numbers together meant less hassle from shop keepers. Only things would say we missed or could recommend hotel improving on were:
•ice-cream for kids
•savoury snacks in between meal times instead of just cakes/crepes.
The airport not the best for getting you in out quickly, can be long queues & delays, we were delayed on return journey by about 2 & half hours on plane waiting to take off, but wouldn't let this put you off visiting Tunisia. I would say just be prepared, have snacks, things to keep you amused...we just watched a film on the iPad.
All in all we had an amazing relaxing week on holiday...my only disappointment was I never booked 2 weeks instead of 1! I am already looking into booking this hotel for next October :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just returned from a fortnight at this Hotel and we plan to return. Never been to Tunisia and booked it on Trip Advisor reviews.

The biggest Hotel my Husband and I have stayed in and our room was in a perfect location quite central to access everything. Well worth paying extra for sea-view and i would recommend it highly, or you might overlook buildings/road/coach drop offs.

We went with Thomsons and the Hotel Rep Aide was just the kind of guy you want. A reasonable time for arrival meeting which allowed us to have breakfast, presentation content and length spot on and to meet the management was a nice touch. Aide was there if you wanted him and not if you just wanted to chill out. He has rightfully earnt his forthcoming trip to Lapland, one of many we hope? We did feed back to him an area in which we wanted him to look into and have every faith he has done so (candy floss).

You get allocated your table at the Tunisian Resturant for evening meals only and have a choice of early or late sitting. Our superb waiter was Lotvi, and if you get him well done you. Can not do enough to help and guide you, in the most highly mannered way a true professional and takes pride in his work. Do hope he is there if and when we return. All the Resturant staff work very hard and the management handle those holiday makers that no matter what can always find a fault. Whilst i was there i asked to praise the "bon bon chocolate" Chef, to which i did and he shared his recipe book with me the following morning (a really tall handsome guy), and his apple cake and chocolates with marzipan centres are to die for. The Kitchen Staff are behind the scenes so i so wanted to thank this particular gentleman.

The food is varied and you do find something at all meal times if you look. We ate late sitting in the evening and on more than one occasion the carved Roast meat ran out and was not replaced. This to me is not right, it is like they under estimate dining numbers. Buffet style is acceptable but not when there are many others, and for the nationality that "push in". Patience is stretched.

The Reception Staff do a great varied job, and you have no trouble at all with changing currency any time you want. Ordering your bottled water for your room everyday however is noted down by them but we had many occasions when it was taken from outside our room door where it is left!!!!!!!!!!!! Really sad to think that other guests do this? To the reception Manager i tried to gain your e-mail details for my Son to plan a visit on our recommendation, but alas failed to see you before departing. we still rate you "very,very,very,very good" Hint to who we are maybe?

Our room was kept spotlessly clean by "uyamince" apologies if i have copied this name wrong. Such a pleasant young woman who sings whilst working everyday accept her day off on Fridays. Obviously enjoys her work with pride. We always returned to a lovely freshly presented clean room and please do read the notice regarding changing of linen and towels to protect the environment etc. We did not require new towels and sheets everyday, and did our part to help. The bed for us was so so hard, and the House Keeper arranged blankets to be placed over the mattress. This worked for my Husband, but was too hot for me. Although i prefer a bath, the bath in our bathroom was a little tired and i felt i did not want to use it. The shower amazingly had great pressure and always ran with adequate hot water. Our balcony had enough room for two chairs and a table and a side sea view which we sat out on a lot. Boy oh boy we miss the view, and the weather, returning to heavy rain!

The swimming pool is vast, clean and has one depth throughout, a great idea. The swim up bar is staffed by some lovely guys, always pleased to see you and service with a smile. There are two jaccuzi areas either side which are spacious and you can always find a space. We normally are beach bums, but can honestly say the pool=side is the place to be.

The Animation Team were the best we have ever had the pleasure to get to know. They work 15hr days, always smiling, joking, pleasant in everyway and multi-lingual. You will experience the pool-side "awakening" performance twice a day and that in itself is pure entertainment. There are several activities put on by this team, beach volley ball, boules, darts, crazy pool games, aqua gym, yoga and archery. Having gone to photo my Husband at the archery i was encouraged to have a go. I am rubbish with any sport that involves a ball, but this experience will last a lifetime with me, mainly due to the rapor and excellent tuition of Lilou. With keeping hydrated with Tunisian water Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday, i can not tell you how much i enjoyed this time. So much so my Husband and i arranged our days around Archery time.

Not only do the Animation Team entertain you by day but they also put on many of the shows at night, watch out for Zizou and Lilou dressed as very attractive women (as they are both male). They are truly a dynamic duo. All the team work well together and are dedicated to their work. However, we felt their Manager James does not fully value their efforts and maybe more praise and kindly manner is well and truly needed. A Manager can not be everywhere and feedback from guests should be noted as we truly feedback to him on more than one occasion how extremely delighted we were with his marvellous Animation Team. In the hope that recognition is truly placed in a positive nature in the direction deserved. Based purely on our experience staying at this Hotel rather than a couples only Rui, we would re-visit to once more have the sheer pleasure of seeing this team. A hard act to follow in our opinion.

The beach is within walking distance of the Hotel all level and beautiful soft sand. We walked to the left along the beach in and out of the warm water for at least an hour. Camels came and went, we saw para-gliding, pedalos,canoes, wind surfing, you would never be stuck for things to do. If you turn right you can walk to the Marina and cross over a foot bridge and walk around the harbour to the shops. Plenty of shops within walking distance of the Hotel accessed via a beach walk or towards the front alongside the road. taxis are cheap or you can have a pony and cart or a small little land train.

This Rui is positioned well, has pleasant staff, very clean and well worth a visit. Tunisia is a place that we have enjoyed visiting and we plan to return.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms worth every penny
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank broganmc
Reviewed October 21, 2013

returned 10th october

Had a really great relaxed holiday at this lovely hotel. 1st time at a riu hotel and was very impressed every thing from the room to the delicious food was 1st class. all the bar staff where always happy, reception staff always very helpful and funny, our room was kept perfect. Resturant staff all brilliant as was selection of high quality food, prawns a must. entertainment at night could improve but thats usual.
Adie was the best rep ever. we did not go on any trips but still had a really good laugh with him. He know everything!!!! and is very funny. Good luck Adie.
Will deffo stay at Riu hotels again.

Thank you Marco Polo for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: we upgraded to sea view was well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nursegladys2010
Reviewed October 19, 2013

my wife and i booked our 1st ever holiday to tunisia for the first 2 weeks in june 2013. we booked this hotel and we had the best time ever, so much so we booked again and went back for 1 week october 25th 2013 we have now been home 2 weeks and have booked to return for our last weeks holiday of 2013 which will be november 10th 2013 (3 weeks time). I can only say from our point of view the place is 1st class. The staff are very friendly from managers to cleaners and all inbetween. it is kept spotlessly clean inside and out. The food is 1st class. The entertainment team are 1st class, infact we cant fault anything and im sure we will book again next year. well done marcopolo and all your staff, cant wait to see you soon, Kevin and Angie

Room Tip: just ask and you will get what you want
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple