“Don't deserve its five stars”

Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
Ranked #48 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights in this hotel and I was really disappointed by the poor quality of room service ( I don't even notice that the room service passed by).
The room smells moisture.
The personnel is not that helpful and don't take care of the guests.
The food is average and the choice is very limited.
I wouldn't stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and my 3 years old daughter over a weekend
The stay was very good and the staff was very friendly.
The hotel is very nice, the room was big enough and the food was abundant and diversified.
The outdoor swimming pool in big and nice.
The negative points that I can raise are that the indoor swimming pool size. It is very small.
Besides, the atmosphere and the animation are rather poor for a Saturday night.
Last but not least and the most shocking issue is the small insects inside the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

From the outside the place looks very posh, but it's let own by poor service. We had to ask several times for someone to deliver the cot we had ordered in advance. Mass school canteen type catering arrangements are not my cup of tea, though to be fair the food was quite good. That many of the facilities were closed - it was still the low season when we went - didn't help either.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff C
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

being in this hotel for our honey moon we're so shocked by the staff behavior who are aggressive and don't accept claims.
in fact they give us a very noisy room which doesn't match our reservation for a superior room,they never say 'sorry' for their mistake , even the customer manager talks to us as if we're guilty to ask our right for a high quality room( we paid for it!)

breakfast is really basic , staff antiphatic and non professional...
there are many lovely hotels in tunisia and really this one is a shame!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank aymentunisien
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was charged 250 Dinar for a pedicure and possibly the worst esthetic (asked for "deep tissue") massage I've ever had. THEY LAID ME ON THE FLOOR! NO MASSAGE TABLE! The masseuse was unprofessional, when I rolled over she didn't cover my breasts with towel as they do in every other spa I've been to. My little sister gives a better massage...the masseuse used hot oil and WAY TOO MUCH! She just rubbed the oil into my skin and didn't even give a massage let alone a deep tissue massage.

Prior to my services I asked for a brohure so I could see what they offer (and the prices) and I was told they don't have one. The spa is beauiful to look at, but I felt ugly when I left! The pedicure lady left me alone in the room for 15 minutes withour checking on me...she wanted my feet to soak in the bath which seems nice, but the WATER WAS COLD AFTER 5 MINUTES! I I was so upset I walked out of the room and told a gentleman I wanted to end my pediure, he told me to wait a minute and got the lady doing my pedicure--Worst pedicure ever. She gave me about 6 bottles of nail polish to choose from, I wanted a french pedicure but that didn't seem to be an option. She gave me tea when my pedicure was done but I would've preferred coffee.

DON'T VISIT THE BUFFET! I don't need to explain...just walk 10 min to the marina and go to a restaurant!
IF 3.5 Stars was an option I would've given it this rating....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NT620
Reviewed February 19, 2013

very beautiful Hotel, 5 stars, great service, and an easy access to the beach! Pool area is very wide, many restaurants.
SPA service wasn't impressive, so be careful if you are planning a massage or service in the SPA.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view at the front desk, they might add 10 or 20 DT but its worth it
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nmbt211
Reviewed September 22, 2012

At Le Royal Hotel in Hammamet of Tunisia , You can find relaxing rest with the best location ,quiet beach , cleanest restaurants , great rooms , kindness staff ,everything is perfect .I really enjoyed in there .I think you go there in March and April (WOW) .The best weather .In a word FABULOUS .I would like go back there again .Thank you .
Sonia . 25 March 2010

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank S J
Travelers also viewed these Hammamet hotels
The Russelior Hotel & Spa
#26 of 119 in Hammamet
Alhambra Thalasso Hotel
Alhambra Thalasso Hotel
#31 of 119 in Hammamet

Been to Hotel Le Royal Hammamet? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Le Royal Hammamet

Address: B.p 237, Hammamet 8050, Tunisia
Location: Tunisia > Nabeul Governorate > Hammamet
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#10 Business Hotel in Hammamet
#34 Spa Hotel in Hammamet
#39 On the Beach Hotel in Hammamet
#41 Luxury Hotel in Hammamet
Price Range: $50 - $267 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Le Royal Hammamet 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Le Royal Hammamet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Le Royal Hotel Hammamet