“so bad hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
Ranked #37 of 123 Hotels in Hammamet
“so bad hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

being in this hotel for our honey moon we're so shocked by the staff behavior who are aggressive and don't accept claims.
in fact they give us a very noisy room which doesn't match our reservation for a superior room,they never say 'sorry' for their mistake , even the customer manager talks to us as if we're guilty to ask our right for a high quality room( we paid for it!)

breakfast is really basic , staff antiphatic and non professional...
there are many lovely hotels in tunisia and really this one is a shame!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank aymentunisien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Americus, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was charged 250 Dinar for a pedicure and possibly the worst esthetic (asked for "deep tissue") massage I've ever had. THEY LAID ME ON THE FLOOR! NO MASSAGE TABLE! The masseuse was unprofessional, when I rolled over she didn't cover my breasts with towel as they do in every other spa I've been to. My little sister gives a better massage...the masseuse used hot oil and WAY TOO MUCH! She just rubbed the oil into my skin and didn't even give a massage let alone a deep tissue massage.

Prior to my services I asked for a brohure so I could see what they offer (and the prices) and I was told they don't have one. The spa is beauiful to look at, but I felt ugly when I left! The pedicure lady left me alone in the room for 15 minutes withour checking on me...she wanted my feet to soak in the bath which seems nice, but the WATER WAS COLD AFTER 5 MINUTES! I I was so upset I walked out of the room and told a gentleman I wanted to end my pediure, he told me to wait a minute and got the lady doing my pedicure--Worst pedicure ever. She gave me about 6 bottles of nail polish to choose from, I wanted a french pedicure but that didn't seem to be an option. She gave me tea when my pedicure was done but I would've preferred coffee.

DON'T VISIT THE BUFFET! I don't need to explain...just walk 10 min to the marina and go to a restaurant!
IF 3.5 Stars was an option I would've given it this rating....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NT620
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

very beautiful Hotel, 5 stars, great service, and an easy access to the beach! Pool area is very wide, many restaurants.
SPA service wasn't impressive, so be careful if you are planning a massage or service in the SPA.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view at the front desk, they might add 10 or 20 DT but its worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nmbt211
Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

At Le Royal Hotel in Hammamet of Tunisia , You can find relaxing rest with the best location ,quiet beach , cleanest restaurants , great rooms , kindness staff ,everything is perfect .I really enjoyed in there .I think you go there in March and April (WOW) .The best weather .In a word FABULOUS .I would like go back there again .Thank you .
Sonia . 25 March 2010

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank S J
Hammamet, Tunisia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

we were invited my wife and me to meet a Hotel résident on lunch in the beach restaurant , we were stopped by Beach Staff under argument only Hotel Resident could in.
while calling our host to inform we could not in, the beach personal insulted us and even show violent behavior.
we decided to leave, our host left also the Hotel.
for my self , I never recommand a Hotel with such a low Staff level.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Atef S

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Well, an ok experience. Let me start with the bad points

- Air Con in room is not that cold. It did not work for a full day and night whilst we were there, with service man saying he will be back in 5 mins and did not come back even after many phone calls to reception. No compensation offered, we even requested a bottle of water as to help us, but they wanted to charge us for it. They refused to give it for free even when we explained that the air con was off for one day and night.

- Waiters, rom service etc staff do speak or understand english at all. Very difficult to ask for anything (even if it is on the menu)

- Room was ok, WiFi in rooms is a lie, only if you have a room very close to the reception will you have access.

- Toilet door had to be kept open with the extractor fan on, as to suck in the cooler air from room. Otherwise the toilet would become hot and bugs would start to crawl around the floor and walls.

- The hotel shop had a lady working there in the evenings who overcharged us for items such as biscuits. When we questioned the daytime manager, he confirmed that the lady was over charging us and stealing the money. Very crafty woman who tried to laugh it off with the 'no speak english' tactic when we questioned her about it.

- Music/entertainment was far too loud. Even the people who went to sit and be entertained by the music were uncomfortable with the volume. If you have a room near the back part of reception, you will not get any peace and quiet every night.

- Lot of the hotel is in need of repair, like the door handles, paint coming off walls etc. For the £117 per night charge and with the hotel nearly full, you would think they would use some of that money to maintain the place. But NO they don't and some areas for kids could be dangerous.

Good points

- The cleaning lady was very nice and did an excellent job each day

- The reception staff are nice and speak english

- The buffet breakfast is nice and the optional evening meal breakfast is also good.

- You are right by the beech and that is a plus point.

Room Tip: Get a room within the area of the front of the reception, not one in the out buildings. Back part of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nta_11
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have recently visited Le Royal Hotel in Hammamet Yasmine as a business man; whilst I was
in business; I took full advantage to have a great time too.

On Arrival; Greeted and got hotel information in details; the staff spoke english; and I have
been made aware about there fantastic spa too.
During my stay; I have experienced all food outlets with various specialities; despite the hotel
was fully booked; the hotel team and management were well organised.

My last night I decided to walk and enjoy the 5 Acres breath taking Gardens; and suddenly
I have seen a fantastic Large Function Room hosting a large wedding for over 400 pax; I have
been told that they do use this for international Conferences too; I must say; it is the first time
I come cross a function room with out pillar which is brilliant !

You Must Visit The Spa ! if you have one experience; I am confident you return for more....

I really had an excellent experience and I will go back again; and I will recommend it to my
firm back in the UK for team building .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business