“Did we stay in the same hotel as others.....”
Review of El Mouradi Beach

El Mouradi Beach
Ranked #81 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Did we stay in the same hotel as others.....”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

because we had only the best of service, the food was varied, tasty and of good quality, the rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable,beach clean, all great.

Room Tip: As the building is only 2 stories high I don't think there are any issues.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank HolidayGorillaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Went first week Oct '10, weather was still average 27oC. Made a pact to go back but now too awkward as one our party swapped numbers with a lifeguard and they have been texting since.

I booked after my 2 friends and so we did not get ajoining rooms but there are some.

Staff friendly (TIP ON LAST DAY). Gardens lovely and tended daily, jasmine scented near the foyer.

Food rich and geared to a mid european market (like eating form Lidl), but desserts sickly and no flavour.

Cocktails from the bar good (Kantoaui City a goodun). And you can ask for a Shisha pipe there, think it was 2 dinar, about 50p, apple our fave but having Jasmine when we go back.

Beach here fantastic, in Yasmine Hammamet the marina makes the water too rough to swim. You also have to cross the road to the beach there from mamy hotels.

After seeing the shinier, more cramped hotels we dropped others at, we were very glad we ended up in the typically local styled surroundings of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen P
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My boyfriend and i stayed at the El Mouradi Beach for a week in august and i have to admit i wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews!
After a bit of a shaky start due to the fact that we were expecting a much bigger hotel due to false advertisment when booking the holday and we were expecting to be staying in the El mouradi Menhza we settled in and really enjoyed ourselves!
We had a pool view room which was very clean and made up everyday and found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant! We also found that by giving waiters a small tip of one dhina which is fifty pence they were then more than happy to keep bringing you drinks and offered you excellent service!
The beach was gorgeous and you weren't pestered by the "lucky lucky" men on the beach because the lifeguards kept them away from the sunbeds so they can only talk to you by the sea.
The food did get a bit repetative although i think you expect that from many all inclusive resorts however we managed to find something nice to eat each night and enjoyed the snack bar in the daytime where they served pizza, pasta and salad etc
All in all we had a really good week and i can't understand why people have come on here to write bad reviews! We would recommend this hotel for a lovely relaxing week away :-D

Room Tip: if you aren't happy with your room the reception staff were more than happy to move you
4 Thank vicky j
Alford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

after reading the reviews on this site before we came we didnt expect much but most of the reviws were inacurate as for the staff having a key to your safty deposit box this is true but but you can only open the box with your key aswell you need both keys as for the pool me my 2yr old son went swimming in it every day and there was not slime in the pool at all ans as for not seeing the bottom of the pool what a joke the pool was fine other good points for this hotel free wifi in the main bar and lobby and free use of the pedallos on the beach these are brand new tha bad points the gym and spa ar not good at all the breakfast is continental so no scambled egg or beans bacon but lotts of pastrys i would say this hotel is 3 star at best but you get what you pay for the beach is great very clean and to the most part the staff are very friendy tha snack bar is very good pizza chips and pancakes all cooked fresh and ice cream the rooms are big aircon can be left on all the time not just when you are in your room overall 2 weeks in august for £1800 for 3 of us cant be bad at all and not 1 upset tummy like i said a 3 star hotel but good value for money im still at the hotel we go back on wednesday and have had a good time you get what you pay for

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank haggisstoo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

for me food was lovely
staff terrible keep forgeting about your orders
beach lovely!!!!
pool alright but bit too small for size of the hotel
rooms clean and preete big

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OlgaSean
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Visited this hotel as a couple, price was very reasonable and pictures available on both the internet and the hotel's website made it look very attractive. The website boasts a gym and spa, plus various other facilities. My partner and I were very much looking forward to what we thought was going to a 4* luxury hotel, where I could relax by the pool/beach and my partner could take full advantage of the gym and other sports facilities. The gym was in fact one of the main reasons for us choosing this hotel over several others.
This was not to be. On arrival at the hotel, it became clear that the hotel is very dated and not of the 4* star quality I was expecting. I have visited several other 4* star hotels in North African countries before and they were far superior and much better value for money:
The room – the wooden balcony was broken, which although ok for us as we knew to stay away from it, could be unsafe for young children. The toilet leaked water at the back. There is no safe in the room or hairdryer as advertised. The safe is in reception with a master key kept by reception, available to all staff, and there is 1 hairdryer in the whole hotel which you can book out for one hour.
The gym and spa - It really is a joke to refer to this 'facility' as a gym and spa. The gym consists of a small room of relics, whereby any piece of equipment is in excess of 25 years old. Not surprisingly it all looks battered, with some of the equipment even having 'Broken - Out of order signs' on them. This does not a gym make! The spa is the same, The hammam has a broken floor and broken seating which is not only dangerous, but begs the question of how you are meant to relax in there when just getting in and sitting down is problematic. It has obviously not been cleaned for a long time either as it is covered in algae and mold. Whilst the spa manager is very pleasant and is clearly embarassed by the poor services, the two workers in the spa are more interested in sitting down and chatting to each other to notice that they have customers that are still prepared to pay for the very inadequate and falsely advertised services! I had a salt scrub and this consisted nothing more of being rubbed ferociously with something similar to a brillo pad.
The pool – In the 10 days that we stayed at this hotel, we didn’t even so much as dip our toes in it. It was the most disgusting pool I have ever seen, and is rarely cleaned out. On several days there were huge clumps of what I presumed was salt water floating on top of the pool, the white tiles around the edges had orangey/brown scum on them, which is clearly not caused by one day’s usage. In addition, the bottom of the pool was not visible, especially in the deep end. This was because the water was very murky with a white cloudy tinge to it. After discussions with several other guests, and staff in the hotel, it transpired that the pool was the cause of several infections. On complaint to the hotel reception, it was clear that they knew about the lack of hygiene in the pool and just shrugged their shoulders. How disappointing that you pay so much money to go on one annual holiday and then can’t even get into the pool because of how infectious it is.
The food – very questionable! The food is extremely repetitive and does not cater for all tastes. It was undoubtedly below par for a 4* hotel, and caused me to have many upset tummy’s and bouts of diarrhoea. So much so that within minutes of eating the food in the restaurant ,I was running to the toilet. Not what you expect of a quality hotel. I have been to other hotels where the food has been lovely, however I cannot say the same for this hotel. Most of the time the food was disgusting! The food got progressively worse throughout our time there, as did my feeling ill.
The hotel boasts a BBQ and pizzeria on site, but what the website fails to mention is that these are not included in the all inclusive package, so in fact you have only the buffet restaurant to eat at for dinner.
The staff- Although helpful, the restaurant staff were very prone to arguing with guests and between themselves right in the middle of the restaurant for all to see. This is not good customer service and again not representative of a 4* hotel. There was one occasion when the argument got so bad between two waiters that they went into the back, only to still be heard by guests eating in the restaurant. The bar staff in the pizzeria were equally rude, frequently arguing with guests. In addition, they felt that it was their right to flirt with any girl/woman in the hotel.
The entertainment – Very poor for adults, although the mini disco for kids is good. Also delivered by obnoxious and rude entertainers who want you to tip them (reminder; this is an all inclusive resort), and partake in all of their activities. If you don’t they scowl at you and make rude comments such as ‘What is it with you English people?’. Not my idea of entertainment!
The noise from the hotel next door – if you are lucky enough to have a garden view, then you will be unlucky enough to hear the ridiculously loud music from the hotel next door which starts at around midday and goes on well into the night past 12.30am. Even with the balcony door closed it still sounds like you could be stood next to the speaker. If I had wanted to hear clubbing music until the early hours of the morning then I would have gone on a clubbing holiday – another reason why this resort and this hotel were chosen!
The main issue we had with this hotel was that it is absolutely NOT what is advertised on the website or on any other internet site. The facilities are shockingly poor and it is absolutely NOT a 4* star hotel. The service was nothing to write home about, with most of the staff looking thoroughly miserable at working there. There is a distinct lack of hygiene in this hotel, from the pool to the communal toilets, and compared to other hotels, this one has a very long way to go. Do yourself a favour and don’t waste your money going to this one!

2 Thank danpor

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks and the problems started from the moment we got there. our flight had been delayed and by the time we reached the hotel our room was not made up so they put us in a different room and we had to transfer rooms the next morning. also we had paid to stay there all inclusive and when we arrived we had to pay 7pounds for 2 bottels ov water on room service because they wouldnt provide us with one. also we had been advised to take travelers cheques and when we arrived the hotel wouldnt change them for us and we spent over 30 pounds on taxis trying to find somewhere that would change them for us and the people in reception didnt help us once. on our first day of our holiday we spent it by the pool.... BIG mistake. later that day i had an eye infection my boyfriend had an iffy stomach and we both had rashes on our bodies. the next day i walked round the pool and you couldnt see the bottom of the pool and being there for 14days we only saw them clean the pool once and that was the day after our rep had handed in a report of how unclean it was, also one night you could see a clump of what looked like salt and sun cream floating on the top of the water. Even the guy who worked in the spa at this hotel told me and my boyfriend not to go in the pool as it was dirty!! during our stay there the waiters are extremly rude aswell are the entertainment team if you do noy always participate in there activities. One night during our stay there one of the waiters made me feel very uncomfortable asking me for a kiss etc when he knew i had a boyfriend. he made me feel extremly uncomfortabe so therefore i reported it to the staff in reception but there was nothing done about it. they sent us a bottle of wine and some fruit to our room but that didnt make up for how we were feeling. the whole time we were there, the food was exactly the same and me and my boyfriend had problems with eating and keeping it down. one evening my boyfriend bit into a piece of beef and it was off and he was ill from that. the whole two weeks we were there i lived off soup and cheese sandwiches because nothing else was eadable. also the amount of forgeoin people there is crazy and they are all so rude and extremly loud! another problem we had was with our cleaner she never cleaned our room and because of this we had big ants in our room. she never once moved an empty bottle of water, empty glasses, emptied our bin, cleaned our toilet our moved the fruit that had been sent by recpetion. also the hotel advertises that they have a hairdryer in every room which is a lie infact they have one hairdryer for the whole hotel to use and you have to book it for an hour at a time, they also advertise a full working gym and actually nothing in the gym works at all. when it was time for us to leave el mouradi beach i complained to them about our time here and they were extremly rude to me and didnt care about what i hade to say. if i hadnt gone away with my boyfriend and we hadnt made the most of it then this holiday would have been a horrible 2 weeks but we tryed not to let it get us down while we were there and did enjoy ourselves but i would warn you not to go !! the one thing this place has to offer is its beach that is lovely and very clean so me and my boyfriend spent everyday down by the beach relaxing.

3 Thank fearnley-92