“Lovely steak and friendly staff”
Review of steakhouse - CLOSED

steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the second time we've visited Tunisia but never been brave enough to eat outside of our hotel. After hearing about the Steakhouse we decided to give it a go.
The staff are so friendly and took us to our table which is laid beautifully.
We all ordered steak and chips, cooked well done. (usually we would have medium)
They arrived on a sizzling hot plate and were delicious-so tender and flavoursome! Although as I've said, we asked for them well done but it was more like medium which was fine.
The chips are chunky chips and possibly McCains but thats not a problem.
We didn't have a pudding but they looked nice from what we saw.
The one downside is the amount of cats that are wandering around the restaurant and fighting under your table.
Would highly recommend and its good value for money; for 3 steak and chips and 3 bottles of fanta it was 87 dinar.

1  Thank Emily P

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

On our first trip to the Steakhouse we bought some very reasonably priced bottles of Celtia (very nice) so we decided to come again for food another day.
I had been looking forward to a juicy fillet steak all week so I ordered that with chips and some onion rings. I wasn't asked how i wanted it cooked, but I can probably look past that. When it came, it was two separate smaller "steaks" that were definitely not fillet! It looked like two rump steaks with slightly less fat. The whole thing was chewy and I had to hack at it with my steak knife to get through some parts. If I had wanted this quality I would have ordered the cheaper rump or sirloin! Some of my chips were uncooked too. One of the worst steaks I've ever had.
On the plus side, the beer was still nice and we had a nice view of the baby camel wearing a fez.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Not going to waste too much time on detail as there seem to be some pretty wordy (mainly positive ?) reviews.
20 minutes to get a beer, 1 glass of wine and 2 cokes not a good start.
Waiters pretty grumpy and disinterested
Food being sent back seems to be pretty routine judging by what was going on around us.

Steak with pepper sauce. Bit of beef itself seemed OK, but not convinced by how it was cooked - rare does not mean cold and uncooked. The pepper sauce made with Oxo / Bisto with a couple of peppercorns chucked in really not acceptable and ruined the meal to be honest.

There seems to be a big play on 'this is just like being at home' around this place. Do yourself a favour and stock up on your Sunday dinners and big breakfasts at Weatherspoon's before you go, then do the same when you get back !

2  Thank shedboy73
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Once again I visited The Steakhouse and was not disappointed , proper English tea, Chunky chips, Jacket potato's, Full English Breakfast's including bacon, this list goes on, so if you are fed up with the food in your hotel get over to the Steakhouse situated next to the Elephants entrance to Carthageland you will not be disappointed , the staff are all very friendly, as is Jayne The owner and her right hand Lassie from Scotland Val. They have entertainment some night's and wide screen TV, you also get free Wi-fi. I forgot to mention they also serve up the best steaks in Tunisia.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Ate out at the steak house a few times for dinner and lunch, for a little change. Food was amazing, offering steaks and burgers ect. And was very very cheap! Down in the Yasmine Medina.