“Fantastic steak !!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak !!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a fantastic meal here and brilliant service , we decided to sit outside as the sun was shinning we both ordered a drink Smirnoff vodka and Malibu although the drinks are nice they are very expensive ! , I picked a sirloin steak and my boyfriend went for the T-bone steak , the waiter first of all brought us a free bowl of onion soup each and a basket of fresh bread which wasn't that nice , our meal was then brought out first of all a plate with homemade chips , vegetables and rice then the steak on a sizZling plate , we had sides of garlic bread , peppercorn sauce and onion rings ! The steak and all the sides were absolutely fantastic ! It came to 97 dinnars which is about £45 ?! , the only grumble was the amount of cats circling us ! Other than yjay fantastic !!!!!!

• Visited June 2014

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Lovely food and great staff!! We went a few times when we stayed and always had a great meal! And they showed English football which was a bonus!

Visited May 2014
Redditch, England
“Bit apprehensive at first”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

When we first arrived we were told that there were no tables for us, (group of 4) even though we could see a few spare. They asked us to take a seat and have a look at the menu so we thought that maybe they would make up the table. After being seated for about 10 minutes and seeing a group of 3 just walk in and get a table I asked whether our table was ready. The waiter hastily took us over to a table in the corner and seated us. We wouldn't have minded the wait if someone had been along to take a drinks order to kill the time.

Anyhow despite this we ordered our food. When it came the waiter had mixed up our orders but we managed to sort that out between ourselves. The meal didn't look that appetising but I have to say that when I tasted the steak, it was succulent and juicy!! Not what we were expecting at all.

We all really enjoyed our food and would go back to this restaurant based on this.

Visited May 2014
Seaham
“down to earth scouse owner”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been to tunisia 15 times now I am a chef offshore
The scouse owner jane is complete
ly down to earth her father was in the merchant navy like me
her sunday dinners are fantastic and she even has bacon sometimes
they dont like pork in tunisia they also have all the football karaoke
and other entertainment plus heiniken on draft and proper british spirits
the hotel stuff is all bashed and local spirits only she even has tetley tea
which none of the hotels have
she also sells poppys for the british legion in november
local beer celtia is less than £1a bottle
mention my name mr brian if you visitand say hello to mahair the best
waiter for me

• Visited January 2014
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Better service was needed on out visit”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Me and my sister visited this restaurant in July 2013 for an 'English meal'. We both ordered traditional Tunisian 'brik' for our starters and pizzas for out mains and I must say the quality of ingredients used in our food was extremely high and the food was delicious.

However the bad point to this visit was the service, we were seated and then had to ask a waiter for the menus after patiently waiting for over 15 mins. The drinks and good were slow in coming to our table and the waiters were not friendly at all!! There wax entertainment with a young lady singing karoke and the owner was passing to each tables to say hello etc but unfortunately did not come and greet myself nor my sister. After this experience of ignorance we did not tip the waiters which seems to annoy them even further so needless to say we did not return. I have been to Tunisia 3 times since and have not returned as I did not feel a friendly welcoming to this restraurant at all which is a shame as it seems to have a highly recommended status.

• Visited July 2013