“The animation team were brilliant :)”

Houda Yasmine Hammamet
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. The hotel itself is quite basic, but you get what you pay for. The food was the same pretty much every day, and the alcohol was definitely watered down! However on the all inclusive deal, you could have whatever you want, whenever you wanted it.
The animation team were brilliant though and actually made this a great holiday! Hello to Chico, Mido and Ninja :) !!! Hello also to Souissi and Boubakeer :)
There is plenty to see and do within walking distance of the hotel, and we were very lucky because the weather was beautiful while we were there. Taxis are also very cheap.
The hotel itself was kept clean and I would recommend it, and would also be happy to go there again. I loved Tunisia and will definitely be planning my next holiday there ASAP.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view when you book it, but NOT above the Jamaica night club!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Phil_Hannah
There are newer reviews for Houda Yasmine Hammamet

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with friends but really I don't like this hotel for many reasons:
- Normally the check-In is at 02:00 pm but the receptionnist told us that we should wait right the rooms will be ready (2 hours of waiting)
- The dinner starts at 07:00 pm but by 08:00 pm we found nothing, we asked the master but he never answered our questions.
- The service quality was so poor, we asked for a bottle of water and we waited more than 45 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ammar M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here the second week in March for one week. For those of you wondering about weather... The first two days were really warm, then it was overcast and warmed up again towards end of week (typical). Staff are really polite and welcoming. Had to complain about a guest during our stay and the staff dealt with it fast and efficiently. The food... Hmmmm... I didnt starve but the choice was poor and wasnt labeled very well so had to ask what things were. The hotel itself is big, clean and has everything u need. Outdoor and indoor pool, gym, restaurant, bar, snack bar, pool tables, music, tvs and lounge area. When leaving the resort to see whats nearby, there are loads of shops, medhina, merina, restaurants, ice rink and easy bus access to other parts further afield. I will say that it is very quiet in March, not many guests around to interact with BUT on the good side, this gave us more time to get to know the entertainment/animation team who were BRILLIANT!!!! Very friendly, entertaining, funny and definetely made our holiday what it was!!! Thanks to Ninja, Chico and Mido we had a great time and shared lots of laughs!!! Would definetely reccomend for a chearfull family holiday nearer to summertime.
2 mums and their lil ladies ;)

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Houlahoula
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First of all, Do not go to Hammamet in Febuary if you are looking for winter sun, the locals say its there worst month for the weather, plus most places there are closed. If you do go then do not use this hotel. A very run down hotel, needs a complete refurbish. Took us a couple of room changes to get a clean room, never had to do that in a hotel befor. Claimed to be a four star when we booked, however barely a two star. Lifts didn't work, banisters loose, food poor, and cold, good job there was a microwave in the resturant area, even had to warm up coffee at breakfast. We took our daughter and her friends, there absolutely nothing for them to do in Feb. Even the indoor pool closed at 17.00. even though it was too cold to use the outdoor pool. I hate to say it but thank goodness for Wifi. The kids spent there time on the internet, not really what you want them to do on holiday, but it kept them occupied. Really is the worst hotel we've stayed in. There are people based there selling Camel ride trips, and Quad bike rides. They are a SCAM. yes you get to go on a Camel in poor condition, around a rubbish dump not to a authentic village as described, and forced to pay more money halfway around. We then cancelled the quad bikes as they take the same root. After explaining we would tell to everyone who came through the door how bad it was, they then gave us a refund. Please stay away from this hotel as it will spoil your holiday, as it did ours. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roy C
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having just returned from Tunisia I feel compelled to warn others to steer clear of this 2 star accommodation, first impressions would suggest a cultural difference, however two days in sub standard accommodation coupled with mixed attitude from the staff had left me with no alternative to abandon this hotel and move at my own expense to a decent hotel, Best to list the following, 1. 75% of light bulbs removed and no light outside of our room, 2. No remote control for tv in room(a deposit required as guests can't be trusted, 3. Food served at breakfast would be re invented for lunch and dinner including fish that then needed to be reheated in the microwave? While watching the chefs openly cough into your food or them stood near the buffet texting or updating their Facebook perhaps? On the upside there was a good supply of local drinks that must have been watered down so no chance of drowning your sorrows for picking a bad hotel, I requested to speak with the management so made a appointment but nobody was there to meet with me the following day?
I believe there are good people working within the hotel but being low season very few really put themselves out to make the stay bearable.
You have been warned!

Room Tip: Stay away and spend a little more money on decent accommodation, also read reviews for Medi Golf hot...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NicholasS815
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at around 9.30pm on a Monday night with my family, there were four of us (me, my mum and 2 young brothers) Reception staff were very rude and spoke limited English which was very difficult to communicate. As we arrived we were very hungry and asked for our dinner but was very disapointed to hear that the restaurant is closing now and there were no food left over. But our holiday was all inclusive, everything was paid for. They didn't care we were all very hungry and my mum was diabetic insulin dependant. There were very expensive restaurants/night club near the hotel, so we went to one of the expensive restaurant to eat which of course we had to pay for.
The hotel staff did not tell us anything about the free hot/cold drinks available at the hotel bar, which we could've had when we arrived.

We had 2 rooms, me and mum shared one room and both brothers shared one room. There was a big leak in my room from the mini refrigerator which was turned off. Somebody came and cleaned it after I phoned the reception.

Apart from all that, it was a really good holiday, beautiful country. The hotel food was really nice and all other staff were nice apart from 1 guy from the bar was very rude. He wanted to charge us for the hot drinks but it was all inclusive. He kept me waiting but I was adamant not to pay because as it was all inclusive and he didn't speak English very well and didn't understand what I was saying. As soon as I spoke to the manager, it was okay and I didn't have to pay and he told me that the boy was crazy!!!
The reception staff were always rude and always had attitude but we ignored them and had a brilliant time.

Will go back to Tunisia again but not to the same hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank MissUK00
Reviewed January 15, 2013

if you feel tired if you feel unhappy if you want the most relaxation place my advise to visit houda yasmine hammamat you will find the perfect hospitality starting with reception team spicily Salim Iman And ZIyad and spa Team - Service Team Bar Team Ending With Animation Team Spicily ( SOUSOOOOOOOOO ) Even That The Environmental Of The Hotel The Accommodation The Rooms And The Sweets also My Advise To you To Try The Indoor And Outdoor Swimming pool Also There Is A Lot Of Activities Preparation By Animation Team Also If you came Alone you will find A family Environmental In The End My Advise To try The Hotel In Summer Time Or Winter Time
I Give A Special Regards To Animation Team And Hotel Stuff Also my Hugging An Kiss To Spacial Friend SOUSO And I hope To Visit The Hotel For the 10th time

Beast Regards