“Never again”

Houda Yasmine Hammamet
Ranked #35 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I did not read the reviews about this hotel before I left as I thought I will take it as I find it, we were only looking for a relaxing break in the sun, we did get sun but anything but relaxation. The hotel is dirty the rooms are filthy and ours was only cleaned twice in a week, a clean towel and loo roll was too much to ask for.
The staff were rude especially the waiters, you can't even call them waiters as they did nothing for you unless tipped, this included the basics like cutlery, when we requested some from one waiter he literally slammed in on our table as such a basic request was too much for him. We were never offered a drink with our meal and treated like cattle on every trip to the restaurant.
The drinks at the bar were watered down and they ran out of basic drinks every night
On arrival we had no room so spent the first night in a room/cupboard that was not even made up on a dirty bed with one sheet and no blanket. We were given no information at all about the hotel and the facilities offered so spent the first 3 days just trying to figure the place out.
On return we both had food poisoning and were ill for almost 2 weeks, never never again, if you are reading this and have booked I would advice you cancel while you can!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathryn W
salma h, Responsable commercial at Houda Yasmine Hammamet, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

dear sir
thank you very much for your feed back on trip advisor
we have noted your comments ans remarks according differents services and we are doing well to ameliorate the quality of our services
best regards
Salma Hkaiem
responsable commerciale
houda hotels tunisia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I read all the reviews for this hotel before I took the decision to book it. There's truth in all of them but I think different people have different expectations. Our holiday during the first week of October was great. 7 days of 30 degrees sunshine in a lovely friendly hotel that was in the new town of Yasmine. A short 3 minute walk takes you into town by the marina and shops. The medina market is close by too. No real need to venture any further unless you are there longer than a week. The Hotel is clean, has Tunisian food on offer. But go with it, you will not starve. The staff are all friendly, Obi and Ninja work really hard to entertain all but no pressure if you just want to relax. Pool is really clean, fresh water and a nice temperature. Pool facing rooms (even numbered rooms) are the best but are noisy, but it is all over by 11pm. Beware the stories about the traders and con men, they are all true, but all part of the adventure. It got busy over the weekend with locals but this didn't affect our holiday. We found this a good place to experience Tunisia and relax in a nice Hotel. The Arab men do seem to pester European women. An incident did occur at the Hotel, which could have happened at any hotel, which was dealt with very firmly by the management and the man was evicted. I would be uncomfortable letting my daughters travel alone to this or any other Arab Country. Don't let this last comment put you of traveling to this Hotel. Good price and good value.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms, pool view, ( there are no sea views at this hotel)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie430
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My mother and aunt went for a week here 26th sep to 3rd October and absolutely loved it, having read the reviews I did not hold out much hope and didn't share the reviews I had read but let them go with an open mind.
We had been to a 5* all inc to turkey in may and my mum says the food in Tunisia and this hotel was sooo much better, much more for us Brits to eat and entertainment was amazing, they went to zoo and pirate ship tour which they are raving about, shopping great, brought some fake ice watches back and they are very good fakes indeed, very pushy shop keepers but all in all a very nice break, go with an open mind and ignore the bad reviews and I'm sure you will have a great time, nit pick and I'm sure you will find things to nit pick about

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank sazmac2211
Reviewed September 27, 2012

hotel rooms are not same stadart as on the pictures diferrent colours and bathrooms are quite old.which doesnt really bother me, but overall rooms are very clean..
RECEPTION:(not even 3 stars) people weren't helpfull everything you ask seems to be such a problem always with attitude...
Food was fine quite nice choice waiters were very helpfull and polite:)
ANIMATION TEAM (5+ stars) I think they were absolutely fantastic I didn't miss out any activity They are really good at what they doing and working really hard to make guests feel happy and welcome. Loved all aerobics and morning gymnastics loads of fun, evening shows were really entertaining ..
I would come back no doubt about it..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife & I have just come back from our 2nd visit to Tunisia, what can I say about this place? Think I am being a little kind giving it a poor rating, but like my wife said the 1 slight redeeming feature was the entertainment staff, who constantly made us laugh & get people to get up & do water polo & water gym & dance. Now the bad news where do I start? ok let us goto the start of the holiday, as soon as we got there we were put in a holding room for our 1st night, then about 12 the next day our room was ready. That is where the fun begins, a room with so many problems, no plug in the bathroom so you had the option of shower or shower, more seriously though was the patio door lock not working, which resulted in me going to reception to report it, & would tell me "10 minutes & we will send a workman to repair" 5 hours later going down there to ask when it will be done? This resulted in me take him to the room to repair, I suppose a few of you ask the question why did you not call reception? Phone was dead, the workman to replace this & ask me to test it & low & behold it was working, he did not ask me to test the door as soon as my wife had a fag on the patio it broke again. Then we go onto the restaurant area, no cleared tables which resulted in trying every day in trying to find knife & forks & spoons, & when you did this, millions of flies would fly onto the food. I am amazed if I was the only one that had tummy problems with this? The patio door was a major issue for us & 2 other girls who we got friendly with in the hotel there is a security issue here. The food was awful & I lost tons of weight as no food interested me at all, resulting in this is the last time my wife & I goto Tunisia, 4 star hotel more like 2! William Kent Stanwell

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pippy K
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A 2 star at the very most filthy filthy we had too clean and scrub our bathroom before we could step foot in it,no money at reception all drinks watered down had to goto management then was given drinks from back kitchen,FOOD omg we ate everyday and evening flies everywhere.PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS i wish we had read more........no indoor pool no gym no tennis no golf

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 22Rachel22
Reviewed September 15, 2012

this hotel was okay but here are some upsets

-lazy maids (but not for the first 3/4 days)
-none food for british kids
- boss of animation team very sour faced

i give this hotel 5 stars out of 10

please do not be scared about the war crap its over but tunisia is bad for rubble

at tunis airport you will hear this from any tunisian guy "i work at your hotel go into my taxi" it is not true it will cost you 90-120 dinars to this hotel it takes 35-45 mins at night but 1hr at rush hour

animation team good the best was sabri and ibo (eebo) mini disco included

Room Tip: ask for a pool view or we had a garden view and we saw camels every morning but @ the pool balconies...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family