We travelled to the Vincci Nozha Beach Resort with an open mind after reading some good some bad reviews on here. We were welcomed on arrival by two very friendly staff that took our bags and gave us a bottle of water.
We got into our room which admittedly was really clean and modern with only a few flaws... one been the view and two been the shower head (which was fixed the next day)
We had read reviews which stated that you had to get up at 6am to reserve sun beds, so on our first morning I set my alarm to ensure we got sun beds. On the first day at 6am there was no sun beds around the pool so we went onto the beach... its true when people have said that people are up at 4am waiting for the sun beds... mainly the French.
Atmosphere - The hotel we felt is aimed purely at the French guests, with French speaking staff, French entertainment and French food.... I don't want to give the impression that I'm a Blackpool loving traveller I'm quite the opposite. I hate going on holiday and seeing "the Queen Vic" or "full English breakfast"
Greet and meet - The staff, the minorities are polite and entertaining the majority is rude and inappropriate. A few situations such as asking for ice, omelets, and tables are ridiculous. One occasion we were told we couldn’t sit down in that seat as a guest described by the waiter as “big French man” will come shout at us and it will be our fault… to which my obvious reply was so what, there are no drinks here and I’ve paid the same amount I will sit here and let him come tell me to move.
Restaurant -After this we learnt about underhand Table reservations, (if you cant beat them join them) we learned that if you wasn’t down in the restaurant by 12:30 for dinner and 6:30 for tea you would get poor seats near the turnover points and flys… also a tip we learned is if you ask a waiter at the start of your holiday to keep you a table each day and you will treat him he will make sure you get a table with wine on it to reserve it. (Contradictory to my earlier statement but honestly a requirement)
Food & drinks- Food is terrible, on one occasion we saw the chef use the same utensil for raw and cooked chicken. The food is repeated everyday, and sadly tasted bland which is unusual for Moroccan/Tunisian food… The food is ridiculous for a kids world hotel… plain pasta, smash, and plain slab of burger meat.
Alcohol, there is good a selection of rose, white and red warm wine available. Beer tastes like carling and is refreshingly cool on draft. Local Spirits are available. Alcoholic Juice Cocktails are available too, nice and refreshing but can be sickly.
Non-Alcoholic drinks are standard really but no fresh juice, all from cordial.
Sunbeds and sunshine- my girlfriend asked a member of staff if they had any spare sunbeds (one day we woke up late at 8:00am) to which they replied an abrupt NO too late…. Annoyingly five minuets later a French family asked for 3 sunbeds and the pool attendant went into the back and retrieved 3 sunbeds!!
The Thomas cook reps are amazing… feel sorry for the hotel rep Lucy who was attacked at every angle with complaints yet always maintained a smile and was very friendly, a great asset to Thomas cook.
The climate is amazing, can’t fault it. The beach is well maintained and we spent most of our weeks stay on here. The hotel grounds and facilities are extremely clean and modern without fault.
A trip I would recommend – quad biking with the hotel trip rep who sits near the pool… amazing adventure lasting approx. 2 hours for around only 36 dinar each quad.
Lastly on the last day of the holiday and since arriving back into the UK we have had upset stomachs that have lasted 3 days, and wouldn’t travel back to Tunisia as the country is too much of a typical “European package holiday”
If you have booked - Overall you will enjoy your time here if you look at the positives of spending a week in the sun with good company.
If you haven’t booked- look for a different country or be careful when choosing hotels in Tunisia as we heard bad reviews about the other hotels in hammamet.
TIPS & INFORMATION we would have found useful…
- Take beach towels, they are available at the hotel but at a deposit of 20dinar.
- Make sure you only change small amounts of money at the hotels as you cant spend any remaining currency at duty free as you cant take currency past security at the airport on the way home.
- Tip the waiter on the first day/night to ensure you get a clean table.
- Cant beat them join them with the sunbed reservations.
- If your air-conditioning is poor, its probably broken go ask your rep to fix it.
- Go with an open mind to and think past the many negatives.
- On the airplane on the way into the Tunisia fill out both sections of the form, keep the one you receive back in order to exit the country.
- Take mosquito repellent.
- Be persistent with courtesy rooms for late departures, at first they will say not available but in that case get the rep or ask for a manager.
- Don’t book Vincci Nozha hotel..
- Thomas cook have been excellent and would recommend traveling with them so would maybe suggest an alternative destination with them.
Please do not read my review and think he just “likes to complain”, this isn’t the case. I understand why some people have written good reviews.. If they enjoy queuing for 10-20 mins for a drink or waking up at 6am everyday for sunbeds and the presence of rude staff this is a great holiday for them. Like I said we went with an open mind after reading the reviews and found that there is an equal sense of truth with both negative and positive. My honest advice for someone searching for a hotel, do not take the gamble with the food, beds and staff at this hotel, please find an alternative.
If you have booked I understand that you will want to not believe this review and put it aside… change your hotel if you still have chance… that said I hope you have a nice holiday and take on board my advice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vincci Nozha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Nozha Beach Hotel Hammamet