“Fantastic food, great atmosphere, staff and service”
Review of Le Voilier

Le Voilier
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Hammamet
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bamford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great atmosphere, staff and service”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We've just come back from a fortnight all-inclusive in Tunisia and had to get out of the hotel for a break in the routine. This place was a great find - so much so that we went twice.

The ambience is just perfect - low lighting, big tables, comfy chairs, and busy enough for there to be a nice buzz (most of the other restauratns along this "strip" were almost empty).

On both evenings, the waiters were very attentive - friendly, joking with us and chatting, but certainly not intrusive. We were brought bread rolls, butter, harissa, pepper paste and olives to nibble on while we chose from the menu.

On our first evening, 4 of us had 2 courses (2 x prawn cocktail, 1 x seafood gratin, 1 x pumpkin soup, 1 x lamb couscous (huge), 1 x fillet steak, 2 x medallions of beef). Clean plates all round, and 165 dinars including drinks. Only the soup wasn't brilliant - a touch bland, and could have done with some spicing up. We weren't charged for the nibbles.

2 of us went for the second evening and had smoked salmon and ricotta pancakes, beef carapaccio (amazing) and 2 fillet steaks. Nibbles arrived again and we had beer and cocktails and a huge bottle of water, all for 101 dinars. Added bonuse this evening was a lady singing French and English songs, just in the background - really added something.

The steaks on both nights were nothing short of perfect - thick, juicy, bloody - perfect medium rare.

I'd definitely recommend a trip if you're in the area and fed up of your hotel mealtime chaos. The menu is very varied, covering most tastes. There were couples and families all enjoying themselves, on both nights.

• Visited July 2012

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lovely meal, attentive staff. Would recommend..
Ordered fillet beef In wild mushroom sauce. Cooked as requested, tender and tasty.

herts
“great place to go”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

sooooooo nice there we had one meal there love it .its is dear for hamment but if you live in london it was very cheap

Visited October 2011
1 Thank madgirl40
cork
“dirty and rude”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had a few drinks here and noticed that there are cats allowed to roam on table tops and also eat leftover food from the plates. Asked for my bill and after waiting 10 minutes was rudely told that I could pay by going into the cashier even though I had ordered all my drinks from the same waiter.When I told the waiter that I had expected him to give me my bill and sort my change at the table he told me in no uncertain terms what I could do with myself......needless to say but that waiter did not get a tip from me.........what a dump.