“Nothing as it appears”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Oxfordshire
“Nothing as it appears”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordered one of the main chateau fillet meals 24 hours in advance. Plainly simple that they had no intention of delivering and tried to lie about the reasons why they could not offer the dish as on the menu when we turned up. Steaks were dressed with poor packet sauces and one with with a slice of processed cheese. Head waiter was clearly embaressed at having to make up stories.... I guess this may be common practice!

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Redcar
“Very good service - nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lovely steak - nice touch with the bread and mezzes to start free of charge. reasonably priced. Central location

Visited September 2012
Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
“good meal”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am a bit puzzled by Davecroyden's experience. We have eaten at this restaurent 4 or 5 times over a number of years. The last time was in July 2012. The food has always been good and the service friendly. On our last visit there was 7 of us and our bill came to 120dinars which is about £50. We all had main courses, I had a starter too, before my starter arrived bread, oil and olives were served. I think everyone had at least two drinks.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ken f
Scotland, United Kingdom
“very friendly”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

although we didnt actually have a meal here (as we had evening meal in our hotel), we had drinks each night of our holiday. The staff were very friendly and helpfull and made us feel welcome, without any pressure of ordering food. It was a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by. There was also brilliant entertainment on each evening which just added to the experience. I have rated the Viking 4, simply because we did not eat there so cannot judge the food, but what we did see of the food looked excellent. Infact we recommended it to others in our hotel. If you get the chance, please try it.

Visited August 2011
London
“Police involved and taken to my hotel for more money!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had a drink with my partner Thurs night and booked for the following night a table as she fancied the lobster, as by gramme weight advised about £40, expensive but last though last night ok, had to leave deposit as they had to order in live (which they did)

Long story short, she had the lobster (very nice) I had small chicken curry (nice not spicey at all, curry?) bottle of rose wine, partner only wanted glass (conned as opened prior to table) so two main courses, bottle rose, bottle of local beer, that was it, bill came equated to £155, lobster worked out to £112!

I did not have this amount on me (and wouldn't pay this, I was being scammed) an argument ensued, within moments 6 guys appeared, can you imagine? We insisted police to be called, one hour later they did arrive, two in uniform, 3 casual clothes, old renault unmarked car.

They were as 'corupt' (not sure if they were police) threatened with prison (I know was rubbish) but intimidating stating "don't eat if you can't pay"

'Police' took us to my hotel and with hotel's blessing took us to our room, I was forced to open room safe and escorted back to reception where they took £160, and paid owner who also came in car to hotel and they handed money to him. I was left with £4!

My partner? she was in bits! We were going home next day, please, please do not fall into this trap, stay clear. Of course I wanted to pay what we had but not 300% more than quote.

Other problems with traders too as many people had but first trip to Tunisia and last!

• Visited June 2012