“Let the food do the talking and your mouth do the tasting”
Review of MANORA

MANORA
Ranked #62 of 125 Restaurants in Hammamet
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Barcelona, Spain
“Let the food do the talking and your mouth do the tasting”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

It's hard to complain about anything, It's hard for ME not to complain about something...

This has already been the 3rd time I’ve eaten here and I've never been disappointed. The price seems adequate for the quantity and quality of food. Naturally I cannot comment about all the food since I haven't tried it all, but our choices were pretty satisfying. I speak for myself and the other 2 diners I ate with.

The star dish I must say was the - well I can't remember nor pronounce/spell the dish's name - beef with coriander (ask the waiter - he'll understand). The dish is meant to be extremely spicy - however on requesting a reduction in the dish's spiciness the waiter was very happy to oblige. This in itself implied the dish must have been freshly made.

With regards to the rest; freshly made (in house) prawn cracker, freshly made, crispy spring rolls, tender chicken satay, delicious ginger beef. All pluses in my book.

If I had to be picky I’d just criticise the watery satay peanut sauce, which though good was too watery to coat the satays properly or to taste enough of that peanut flavour.

As a final thought; cleanliness, service, aperitifs, location, decore, wine - top notch!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank andybest82

London
“Overpriced with poor quality ingredients”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I visited this restaurant in April 2009. The menu prices were expensive for Tunisia, but this would not have been a problem if the food had been good quality. Rice was microwaved until too hot to eat, the plates were cold, but the worst thing was that the 2 chicken Thai curries we ordered were awful. The meat was gristly with the skin left on, and looked and tasted like rubber bands. Really poor value. Don't visit this place, because, as it is attached to the 5 star hotel Sindbad, it is an excuse to overcharge the residents of the hotel. Go elsewhere for better quality.

2 Thank LudwigvonLondon