+ Perfect for a calm vacation at the pool/beach in a tropical climate
+ Very clean rooms, well maintained garden
+ Very, very nice pool area
+ Wide variety kitchen, no "turista"
+ Friendly and helpfull staff, although a lot of tips are given it is not obliged
+ All-in = all-in (even bottles of water which is very good!)
- Although the beach is close, there is not a lot of view on the sea from the hotel premises
- There is not a lot to see in the amenities of the hotel/Djerba (but this was fine for us, we didn't expect it!). Try to book a guided visit to the Sahara with your travel agency, it's well worth visiting the Tunisia main land.
PS: There are a lot of sellers at the beach but luckilly "no" means "no" so they don't bother you any further.
We spoke to a lot of people who where there for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,... time and we can see why.
In general: very good value for money!
From the Djerba Zarzis Aiport: approx. 40 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the island of Djerba * 3-storey building, oriental style architecture * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 of garden * Opposite the "Djerba" 27-hole golf course * 200 m from the beach * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach * 6 km from downtown Midoun * 18 km from downtown Houmt Souk * 6 km from various shops * 25 km from the Djerba airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Palace Royal Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Palace Royal Garden