“NEVER GO THERE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 108 Hotels in Djerba Island
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“NEVER GO THERE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Do not let yourself misleaded by the publicity at the travel agency. It is a 2.5 max 3 stars hotel and the amount the agencies request is absolutely outrageous!!!!! Everything that has been said previously by other "unfortunate" people is correct. It is a cheap, no quality, no customer oriented facility and, especially, not recommended for families with small kids!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank famC60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

Smelly, shabby, dirty, noisy, poor housekeeping, sleeping is impossible because of noise, poor restaurant. Rude staff.
Otherwise, ok.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WalterDu

Travelers are raving about these Djerba Island hotels

berlin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This is not a five star hotel, not even a 2 one. The main problem of this hotel is ; NOISE. Sleeping is difficult because you can hear everything.
The restaurant is more a school canteen than a real restaurant. The food was always, always always the same. In front of the hotel, the beach is so dirty.
The greatest problem is the the general manger of this hotel who was very rude with my wife. Incredible, isn't it?
We will never come back. And shame on Vincci Group Hoteles for such an hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank berlinerz
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

We visited this hotel on January.Two days after the beginning of our stay, my wife contracted disentery which can be caught through water or food, when you cook with dirty hands.When we visited a Tunisian physician, he said he has already seen many patients from Vincci alkantara with nasty tummy bugs. At the chemist's, we were a bit surprised to see how clients from this hotel are well known...
People working for this hotel are not very nice and helpful, especially when you do not speak French.
Of course, Tunisia is a Third World country, but at least they could wash their hands before cooking. So if you go there, be very careful or better, avoid this hotel.
We will not be returning.

7 Thank menssano
stjames
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

This hotel might have been a good hotel when it was opened a few years ago but now i would not give it a two star... Since the opening, they haven't spent a dinar on it.
It was the most terrible hotel experienxe in my entire life. Don't be fooled by the "good" reviews... It was really horrible: very noisy, not very clean. The beach is so dirty that you can not reach the sea!
Clients are treate like idiots. The staff are unpolite and on some occasion down right rude. No internet and no room service (well in fact, there is but when you order something you never get it...).
I would not give the food from the so called restaurant to my pet.
DON'T GO THERE, this is the only piece of advice i can give you!

2 Thank 59864
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was about to cancel my holidauy at the Vincci Al Kantara after reading the reviews here and am only glad I did not. I have the feeling that there is a hate campaign going on because I can honestly say that the hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the hotel is very quiet and the restaurant gives so much choice and caters to all tastes. I can truly find no fault. The spa is fantastic and the indoor pool well heated. The pools are cleaned every day and even the beach was cleaned daily. It is true there is an algae problem, but about 300 m to the left of the hotel there are beautiful, clean beaches. I would go back any time as the package we booked gave fantastic value for our money and we spent a great week at the Al Kantara.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I had a great week here, I see there are some negative avis on this hotel, I suppose it just depends what sort of holiday suits the individual. If you want relaxation, and luxury it is perfect.
Yes, the beach water does look dirty, but it is just seaweed, a few hundred metres to the left it is clear. The actual beach is cleaned every day, I don't know what can be done about the water.
I found the food great, and I am quite a fussy eater and a vegetarian. You can't expect miracles when there are 100 or so people to cook for, but I think they did a fantastic job.
I found the bedroom we were in was very confortable; cleaned everyday and very well insulated from noise.
It was wonderful to have some luxury in the health centre, the massages were excellent.
One negative for me being non smokers, we didn't stay in the bar for long as we couldn't stand the smoke, so we didn't see any of the nightly entertainment.
I found everyone friendly and helpful and very hard working, especiallly in the restaurant.
We only tipped on the last day, and in the health centre/hairdresser, (and left a tip for the cleaner in our bedroom) it seemed to be very much appreciated, there are many employees in the health centre so I presume their wages aren't fantastic.
I look forward to going there again sometime.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple