“Wonderful holiday”

Ranked #91 of 102 Hotels in Djerba Island
Paris
“Wonderful holiday”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I had a great week here, I see there are some negative avis on this hotel, I suppose it just depends what sort of holiday suits the individual. If you want relaxation, and luxury it is perfect.
Yes, the beach water does look dirty, but it is just seaweed, a few hundred metres to the left it is clear. The actual beach is cleaned every day, I don't know what can be done about the water.
I found the food great, and I am quite a fussy eater and a vegetarian. You can't expect miracles when there are 100 or so people to cook for, but I think they did a fantastic job.
I found the bedroom we were in was very confortable; cleaned everyday and very well insulated from noise.
It was wonderful to have some luxury in the health centre, the massages were excellent.
One negative for me being non smokers, we didn't stay in the bar for long as we couldn't stand the smoke, so we didn't see any of the nightly entertainment.
I found everyone friendly and helpful and very hard working, especiallly in the restaurant.
We only tipped on the last day, and in the health centre/hairdresser, (and left a tip for the cleaner in our bedroom) it seemed to be very much appreciated, there are many employees in the health centre so I presume their wages aren't fantastic.
I look forward to going there again sometime.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Penny-ChCh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Geneva
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We went in with very low expectations after reading the reviews here.
But as it was cheap we decided to go. We went with an open mind there.
It was a terrible mistake.
On arrival, at the outside of the hotel, it looked ok, but that is the last positive.
This dump was even worse than we had feared.
The restaurant is disgustssing. The bathroom was a disaster. The beach was so dirty that it was impossible to reach the seaside.
There was a terrible smell. And it is always very noisy.
The staff is not helpful and the gereral manager was very rude to us.
Unpolite behaviour.
I am afraid i can not trust the good reviews posted here, i think they are completely false.
In summary, don't stay there.
Avoid this hotel like the plegue.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bertrandduguesclin

Travelers are raving about these Djerba Island hotels

Monaco
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Unfortunatelly, all the previous reviews have choosen to exclude the awful truth about this place.
Its location is NOT the most convenient.
Its facilities are second-rate.
You will get ripped off by the staff and the general manager at every given opportunity.
The rooms are dirty are noisy. We have never been to such a disgussing restaurant.
The clients are coming from all the world, especially from Eastern countries and from Arabic countries (Egypt and Lybia).
We would never stay there again and we do not recommand this to our friends.
I would heartily recommand this place to anyone who has never travelled before, otherwise avoid this horrible hotel.
Besides, there are so many options to choose from in beautiful Djerba.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scarfou
Luxembourg
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Evrything is dirty in this hotel. The beach is dirty too. The staff is overbusy and rude. And good luck if you are brave enough to eat at the restaurant.
Do not go there!
This is probably the worst hotel in Djerba

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Djerbadjerba
Geneva
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The hotel looks great from outside. But inside, this is another story: everything is dirty, no air-conditioning, and there is a terrible noise light and day (like in an overcrowded supermarket). There are always people complaining at the front desk about the noise. And the staff does nothing against that (it would be easy to stop the music at the beach…). This is a hotel where you cannot sleep!!!! Incredible, isn't it?
Because of bad conditions of the hotel (especially the noise), we wanted to leave after the first night, but they did not want to refund. The general manager rudely told us 'You can leave, this is not my problem. But I keep the money". And he said we were just trying to cause troubles by complaining and he was very rude and aggressive to us. But the only thing we wanted was: sleeping!!!! We are still waiting for his apologizes. We will write a letter to complain about that to the General Manager of the Vincci Group because his rude attitude was unacceptable.
We do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank zazathegreat
England
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I spent a week in vincci Al kantara. the hotel was really charming, a prime location with spacious rooms, very luxurious with a traditional touch, very friendly atmosphere, helpful and courteous staff, a beautiful restaurant serving international cuisine. all kind of facilities are offered, beach, sports activities, business center.....I really had so much fun and I suggest this hotel to every body who wants to spend funny and unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ROSE_EnglandEngland
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Every year my husband's work (UNDP) organizes a retreat in Djerba where they can bring their families together for some fun and relaxation. This year they choose to stay at Vincci Alkantara Thalassa..It is a beautiful hotel. The hotel is very relaxing and the atmosphere is friendly... The staff were always friendly and accomedating..The Public relations person name Essiya was fantastic...She always went out of her way to say hello and make sure that my stay was a fun and enjoyable one.....My children, two preteens and a 8 year old loved the swimming pool and enjoyed the sports activities that were held during the day. I loved the beach and just had fun in the sun... I would love to come back to this hotel and I recommend it to anyone who wants to relax and have fun....

• Stayed June 2009