“One of the best restaurant of the Island”
Review of La cote de boeuf

La cote de boeuf
Ranked #70 of 102 Restaurants in Djerba Island
Cuisines: Tunisian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“One of the best restaurant of the Island”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have been eating there 9 times during our stay, we loved the menus from 20 to 26 dhr
You must try the Couscous there, for us it was the best Tunisian couscous we ever date

Try also the "gratin Dauphinois" with the Meat Menu !!! GREAT

• Visited March 2012

London
“Lovely Holiday Restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I were in Djerba for our first year wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to get away from the hotel and enjoy dinner out. This restaurant was recommended if we wanted somewhere that served steak.

We were seated outside which was nice as it was a lovely summer's evening. We were given complimentary appetisers of mixed olives, harissa, bread and little egg bites. The menu is good though I was surprised by the price of certain items to others.

My husband ordered the Chorba for starter and I ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad. He wasn't happy as I think he was expecting to have seafood in the soup rather than it being used to flavour the soup and wasn't sure about the couscous in it but it all vanished. The chicken was lovely in my salad but I did find it rather odd that they garnished the edge of the bowl with ketchup. The salad dressing was not a Caesar salad dressing but as a chicken salad it was very nice.

We both ordered fillet steak for our main course which was far cheaper than you would expect in the UK or Ireland. The only problem arose because Djerba does not really cater for English speaking tourists so even thought I told the waiter 3 times that I wanted my steak medium rare it came out rare and had to be sent back. I think they only have three ways of cooking it - rare, medium and well done. I requested the mushroom sauce with mine which was so lovely that my husband ordered more of the complimentary bread in order to "help me" soak it up. The main courses were beautifully presented and the vegetables were lovely.

We were tired at this point so I ordered a cappuccino which was probably one of the best I've ever had. The staff were lovely and attentive and I would recommend this restaurant taking into consideration that their version of things might be different to what you would expect at home.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank LondonIrishlass
Kristiansund, Norway
“The hotel recommended this restaurant...”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel recommended this restaurant. And the first impression was good. But we had to wait 1 hour for our starters, and we had to ask for our main courses after waiting 2 hours! They said that they had problems with the electicity, but all the other tables got their food. So they would not admit that they had forgotten us. They where artofant and not verry service minded.

4 out of 6 of us got food poisoned after this visit.

Stay away from this restaurant!

3 Thank thorsgaard