“EXCELLENT!!!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I looked long and hard at all the reviews for AlexBay and chose this hotel - my time paid off big time! Our room was 240 and had the ultimate view of Boldt Castle and the river. We spent hours out on the deck (smoking permitted) watching the boat traffic and in awe of the view. Cannot express the feeling of relaxation and thrill of watching the river. The tourist attractions are very close by and easily gotten to and the staff was very informative.

Room Tip: Room 240 is a quiet corner room with a wide view of Boldt Castle and the entire river - awesome view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cpenrose, General Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Amy
Thank you for choosing the Riveredge Resort as your 1000 Islands destination Hotel. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in the Islands. We look foward to seeing you again.

Christine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Farmington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riveredge (Rm 232) 9/21-23 for our 33rd wedding anniv. I had read a few bad reviews but decided to give it a try. I am sooo glad I did. Our room was clean and quite comfortable. We enjoyed having cocktails on the balcony. The view of the castle is great. We even saw 3 huge ships pass. We have been to the Bay during the summer when there is a lot more activity, but it was nice to just chill out. The lounge was nice, and the food at the restaurant was delicious. We will definitely stay there again. Note: There is no fridge, microwave, or flat screen tv, but that isn't a concern. I'm not there to cook or watch HDTV! Our cooler worked just fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cpenrose, General Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Riveredge Resort, we are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look foward to seeing you in the future.

Syracuse
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great view of the castle. Within walking distance to downtown restaurants, bars and shopping. Food was very good at the hotel restaurant. (Holland St. Bistro) The service was excellent. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 344. It is a corner room with a straight on view of the castle and the side view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cpenrose, General Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are truly delighted that you choose to stay at the Riveredge Resort and enjoyed your visit to the Hotel along with your visit to the Holland Street Bistro. We have the best views of the Castle from the dining room along with a very affordable upscale menu.
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms with views and great food for breakfast and in the lounge. Easy walk to downtown Alexandria and boat tours to Boldt Castle and other excursions.
Tip: For a weekend stay check if a wedding has the dining room booked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to the Riveredge Resort, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to having you as are guests again.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2012

When planning our trip to Alex Bay we did some research on the hotels in area and were very impressed on what the Riveredge had to offer for the money but was a little concerned with the unflattering reviews I have seen.When I called I spoke to a young lady named Billie Jo and told her my concerms she addressed them all and recommend that I give them a chance and judge for myself. We are so glad that we did! The hotel is beautiful and the views are to die for.We were greeted by a young man named Cory that welcomed us to the hotel. When we checked in we we were lucky enough to have Billie Jo again, Our room was not ready but she gave us a few recommendations of things to see and do in the town while we wait.( shes one of the best employees we've ever encountered at a hotel) Our room was beautiful! We booked a Jacuzzi room with a King bed, Bathroom was on the small side but was fine because jacuzzi was in the room. The view was remarkable from our balcony, We did have some cobwebs on the balcony but a housekepper named Heather took care of that for us. We had a slight problem with the phone in our room but when mentioned it at the front desk they sent someone right up.Restaurant was extremely busy but was well worth the wait. I enjoyed everything that the hotel has to offer. Yes the hotel is slightly out dated and has a few flaws ( pool closes at 9 and no microwaves or refridgeraters in rooms) but this is a great hotel! The staff is so accommodating and goes out of their way to ensure a great stay. We will be returning to the Riveredge again and again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber R
cpenrose, General Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I would like to Thank you for your recent stay at the Riveredge Resort. I am glad you chose to stay here despite some of the reviews and judge us for your self. We are a work in process and we will continue to move foward with our updates this winter. I look foward to you joining us again for another stay in the future.
Central New York
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at the Riveredge Resort for the first time the final week of August and into labor day weekend. Not being familiar with the area or the hotel, we relied on reviews to help make the decision of where to stay. Naturally, that approach would leave anyone with some concerns when visiting somewhere new. Within minutes of arrival all of our concerns were gone and we knew we made an excellent choice. The Property is well located in a convenient waterfront location, with excellent views. The building is relatively (1989?) new, spacious and well appointed. Our room, although it is one that has not been updated yet, was spacious, comforatble and clean. Was the decor a it a little dated? Sure, but it was well-maintained and attractive. I've stayed in many vacaction hotels and I can say that, considering that it was peak season, the room prices at the Riveredge are true value for such a property, in fact lower that many places that lack the room and hotel amenities that the Riveredge provides. From the Front desk, to housekeeping to the restaurant, we found the staff to be friendly, hard working and accommodating. I would highly recommend the Riveredge for your next trip Alexandria Bay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Riveredge Resort, we are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to seeing you again.

Branchport, New York, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family and I visited A-Bay for the Pirate Festival. I get it that this is a busy time of year, however the Riveredge fell short on service. First, I feel we overpaid for the room. The room was pleasant and the balcony/view was nice, but we paid about $200/night and it really was not worth it. (note: We are not cheap when it comes to hotels, but expect service to match) We tried to check in 30 minutes early and were told our room was not ready (OK, that happens) and sent away. Upon return we were checked in and headed to our room. The ice machine was broken on our floor and there was no room fridge as we had requested. The fridge was necessary for my son's medication and when we spoke to the front desk they were prompt to send one up - but insisted we be charged an additional $10/night for having the fridge (is that legal when there is a medical necessity?). Since we had to have it - we paid. We went to the indoor pool, because the outdoor pool was a little overpopulated and not a "family atmosphere" at that time. There were no towels. We asked three different hotel staff for pool towels and then finally gave up and got them from our room. Later we were scolded for using room towels in the pool area. My five-year-old did not put shoes on to go to the indoor pool. I understand safety concern, but the kid is five and excited - my bad for not making him go back and put them on. He (THE FIVE YEAR OLD - NOT ME) was reprimanded in the hallway by a hotel staff member for not wearing shoes to the pool. He was standing with me at the elevator - not running, not making noise, not doing anything out of line. I explained to the staff member that it would be better to speak to me, the responsible parent (holding his hand) - you don't give a little kid a hard time. Next we wanted some ice to take to the park. I mean we wanted two waterbottle cups full of ice - not gallons. There was a big sign on the ice machine (not the ice machine convenient to our room - remember that one was broken) that the ice was for "in room use only" and anyone "CAUGHT" taking ice for a cooler or off-site would be charged $25. Wow, ice police? The second day we left at 9 am and return to the room at 3:30 p. The room had not been touched by housekeeping. We called down to make sure we had not been forgotten and were told they were very busy. OK, I get that, fine. At 3:50 housekeeping arrived and wanted to clean the room. I asked if we could have 10 minutes to change and then we could leave and they could have the room to themselves. The housekeeper indicated that she was off duty at 4 PM and could not wait to clean the room. So, she worked around us, in the 10 minutes she had remaining, and although she was very nice, did not devote much time or attention to our room. We were lucky to get the towels replenished and beds made. Did I mention that the jets on the hot-tub were not working, there was sand in the indoor pool and much to my dismay and utter disgust we discovered an apparently used and discarded feminine product in the shallow end of the pool. Yep, not going back to this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Capt.'s Inn & Suites
Capt.'s Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Riveredge Resort? Share your experiences!