“Oscar's Harborside at the resort was disappointing.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edgewood Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Edgewood Resort
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Gulfport, Florida
“Oscar's Harborside at the resort was disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We did not stay at the resort, but went to the seafood buffet on a Friday night. The atmosphere is very nice, overlooking the water, the dining area is nice & the service was fair. There were plenty of items on the buffet such as fried fish, bolonaise & pasta, mac & cheese, seafood newburg, peel & eat shrimp, snow crab legs, fried shrimp, mahogany clams, and a salad bar. The pasta sauce & mac & cheese was very bland tasting, and the newburg had those tiny little shrimp from the can in it. The peel & eat shrimp were medium in size, but were overcooked. Since we paid $30 for the buffet, I would have expected better quality for the seafood items & perhaps little neck clams instead of mahoganies. I will say the desert table had a large variety & the ones our table tasted were delicious. There are better restaurants in Alex Bay that are less pricey.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank natnpr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a nice resort, we had a waterfront room Room 517 that faced the Castle view. The room was clean and had a rustic decor. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I asked about a coffee maker and they gave me one with all the coffee fixings at the desk. They have a beautiful pool and the in house restaurant Oscars food was really good. They are a little pricey but the service was excellent, shout out to Donna our server. There was no fridge in our room and the Friday morning breakfast at the front lobby of coffee, very sweet packaged donuts, cookies and granola bars. We also stayed on a Thursday night.

Room Tip: Between Bonnie's Castle and the Edgewood resort, I would choose the Edgewood.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donner101
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at the Edgewood and expected that if it is called a "resort" it would have some amenities that I expect at any motel but more! Not even a coffee maker or a small fridge! Comfort Inn has that at a much lower rate!! My children gave me a gift certificate for the Edgewood,I feel so bad that they spent so much money thinking we were going to have luxurious accomadations! Our room smelled of mildew,and the sheets actually felt damp! I would advise to do your homework and shop around for cheaper rooms. We wouldn't even have meals there because of the high prices. This place is not worth it! The ice machine was in another building. No place to get coffee early in the morning,you would think they would have a coffee maker in the room. We were so disappointed! Save your money!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else,not worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank lucille w

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria Bay hotels

burgaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had vacationed in the Thousand Islands 40 years ago, when my children were young. So my husband now wanted to see what it was all about. I booked a week at the Edgewood Resort hearing that the views were great. We were not disappointed, they were the best of all the hotels in the area. Our balconey was enjoyed with coffee in the morning (I brought my own coffee pot, as they do not supply coffee, but I knew this in advance), and our toddies in the afternoon. Everyone was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The 200 numbered buildings were my favorite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbie f
Webster, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is our second stay here. This time we chose a water view in the 200s and it was great. What a gorgeous view right on the river!! I don't understand the negative reviews. Everyone was very friendly at the desk. They got us extra towels when we needed them and even reset the lobby wifi so I could log in. Both are restaurants were good though a bit pricey. The pool was beautiful and it wasn't poorly maintained like stated on here. I love walking around the property and looking at the water. It's just beautiful. We had no problems at all and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Water view was great! But even rooms without are fine because you can walk he property and see the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juliel85
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Being from NY I knew this would not be a large upscale resort. What we did not expect was wallpaper coming off the walls, open electrical outlets, fire extinguisher glass broken, pool not maintained, balcony railing not bolted down. Could not go to another hotel do to it being bike weekend here. Positive is it is close to town to walk and the view was nice. Will not stay here again when we're back in 2 months

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Dawn S
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here over Memorial Day and the place was essentially empty, as were many of the hotels in Alex Bay, we were told (? due to the cold winter and early holiday?). We were most disappointed to find that the hotel's main restaurant and the lounge/pub were both closed, and the pool had not yet been opened. It would have been helpful to have this information when we made the reservation. The lobby/check-in staff members were friendly and helpful in showing us the property and recommending restaurants, etc. The hotel is made up of many buildings and we were told that each of the buildings is gradually being renovated. The room locations are terrific and we had great views of the river from our balcony. The grounds are well-kept.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner/end room with river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
#3 of 11 in Gananoque
Capt. Thomson's Resort
Capt. Thomson's Resort
#3 of 15 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Edgewood Resort? Share your experiences!