Edgewood Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
See available hotels
Hills Motor Court(Alexandria Bay)
  • Free Internet
Otter Creek Inn(Alexandria Bay)
Great 4.5/5
Capt.'s Inn & Suites(Alexandria Bay)
Very Good 4/5
The Ship Motel(Alexandria Bay)
Very Good 4/5
Capt. Thomson's Resort(Alexandria Bay)
Boardwalk Motel(Alexandria Bay)
Riveredge Resort(Alexandria Bay)
Good 3.5/5
Rock Ledge Motel(Alexandria Bay)
Great 4.5/5
Bonnie Castle Resort(Alexandria Bay)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe riverseafood buffetboldt castlebeautiful viewfriday eveningnew ownerswedgewoodoscarsbalconybaymeganboatwaitressdocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place should not use the word Resort. More like a motel. Not worth the price per day. Walls too thin. I will not be back. Food was poor. Prices are not worth it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Tommy101369
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stopped in on our way north to Mont Tremblant. Just needed a room for the night, it was after 9pm, and they had vacancies. But only one room that was big enough for the four of us, including our two children. The price was over $400, and I told them I would take it, if they gave us a break on the price. After all, it was getting late, empty rooms, might as well fill it for the night. The owner was there, and she was so nasty to me ("We get plenty of late-night walk-ins!") that I just had a bad feeling about the place. They wouldn't budge, and said I would have to take it or leave it, so we drove on and stayed at another hotel for $120.
Have to admit: I called them around midnight and asked if they had any rooms available. When they said "yes," I said "I told you so!" and hung up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GreatFallsOfFire
Reviewed July 28, 2012

POSITIVES: We choose the Curtis Cottage to stay in because it was the most affordable on a busy weekend. We called last minute and thankfully they got us in. The staff was over the top friendly, inside the lobby of the resort and the property were both beautiful, pool was wonderful, Ocsar's restaurant was SO Nice, again friendly staff (lemonade and calamari were not on the menu but they offered to make it for me) the food was great and my husband and I are critics when it comes to food :) we like fine dining (try there specials).

NEGATIVES: Went to the Riverfront Cafe for dessert..beautiful peaceful night sitting over the water, but it looked like they were having a real bad night, the waitress kept coming out to people and apologizing and it took so long for others to get their food.. The waitress back came out and told me that she wouldn't serve anyone the dessert I ordered and didn't bring out cream or sugar with the coffee. It was like night and day compared to the other restaurant.

The Curtis Cottage was completly updated inside (modern) but the bed was not comfortable and the walls were paper thin.

So all in all the first half of our stay was great, pool, location, appearance of room & lobby, dinner, sitting by the water.
Second half- Uncomfortable bed & sleeping(paper thin walls) were not so great.

Room Tip: Curtis Cottage is more modern and up to date- Make sure you are not next to anyone else if you can help it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katrina E
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort for a week with some friends. We were in the 300 building and though it has a fantastic view of the river this particular building is OLD and not remodeled! Our wallpaper was peeling, blankets had holes in them, if the deck was up to safety codes I would be shocked, the hallway has no A/C and sometimes can have a horrendous sewer smell during the day, and our bathroom had mold.

Pros:

View of river
close to town
grounds are very nice
staff is friendly

Cons:
pool is not heated
pool towels are the size of hand towels
the so called hot tub has wires sticking out of it and was not working while we were there
rooms in 300 building are very dated
the one restaurant on the property is only open on Fridays and Saturdays - food was just okay
no fitness center
wi-fi is pretty much non-exsitant unless you walk up to the lobby

PS - don't get scammed by Uncle Sam's Boat Tours - NOT WORTH IT!!!

We did drive into Clayton a few nights and that town is very nice. We ate at the Clipper Inn and the meal was fantastic! We also had breakfast at Bella's, which was delish!

All in all, it wasn't a bad trip you just need to be careful what building you stay in at the "resort".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KBCJLC
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

For our wedding anniversary we took a trip to the Thousand islands in Alexandria Bay NY. We had stayed at this hotel years before so we decided on a return visit. The first room we were given had a very large area of black mold on the bathroom ceiling and several places on the celling of the room. When we returned to the desk the person we spoke to did not seem at all surprised. We were offered an upgrade to a larger room with a very nice balcony but the bathroom shower had an inch of black mold all along the shower liner rim and other spots as well. The wallpaper was peeling and in some places was just stapled to the wall. The blanket on the bed had a large burn hole that had not been washed. We were offered another room,same problems. At this point we packed up and asked for a refund. We were then offered a room in the newest section of the hotel which was clean and newly painted but had only one small wicker couch for seating. The worst part was it was in front of the hotel so it had no river view of any kind. We were charged the same rate we had paid for a large water front room with a balcony. It was getting very late so we took it. The reason we stayed at the Edgewood was for the river view so this was terrible.
The hotel has cleaned and painted the exterior and the lobby is lovely but the health hazards of black mold in the rooms and the lack of concern for the guests you should expect at a "resort" are completely unacceptable.
We we told twice the hotel had filed a report on the black mold problem and we would be contacted but that did not happen. So beware- we paid a great deal for a terrible experience.
I have never written a negative review until now. Stay someplace else!

• Stayed: July 2012