All reviews main channel great view boldt castle the river boat tour alex bay private balcony nautical theme room was clean james street within walking distance perfect location uncle sam's boat corner room direct view package deal enjoyable stay
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We stayed here during our one night in A-bay. It was exceptionally convenient, near the tour boats and downtown. The room was a “Boldt Castle View” room (#105) and, sure enough, you could look right across the water and see the castle. This was a corner room so it had a big wrap-around deck on two sides. The weather wasn’t particularly nice so we didn’t spend any time on the deck. The room was big and comfortable. We were there in late September so we got a chance to turn on the heat, which worked just fine. I imagine this place is packed during the season but we pretty much had the run of the place. Hot coffee is available at the main office in the mornings…..bonus. Recommended.

Room tip: "Boldt Castle" view rooms are on the waterside, overlooking the bay
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alysha H, General Manager at Capt. Thomson's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review! We appreciate all the positive feedback! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, even a short rainy one, with us in my personal favorite room 105!

I hope you get the chance to come visit us on a nice sunny in season day to enjoy the balcony!

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night here. As soon as we walked into our room we were impressed by the view. We had a view of a lighthouse and of Boldt Castle. We hung out on the balcony and enjoyed the views. The room was up to date. We didn’t have any towels so I had to go down to the front desk to get some. I also noticed that the floors felt a little dirty, they could of used a good cleaning. Everything else was nice and clean though. We would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShellyPickles
Alysha H, General Manager at Capt. Thomson's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the amazing views from the balcony!

We hope to have you visit us again!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We had the pleasure of staying in the King Channel Room. It was so much more than we ever expected. Everyone was kind and helpful. The resort was right on the Channel of the St. Lawrence River.
It is breathtaking. My husband and highly recommend getting one the awesome packages they have to offer.

Room tip: A room on the Channel. The views are breathtaking.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alysha H, General Manager at Capt. Thomson's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for the five star rating! I am so happy you loved your room, view and one of our packages! Hope to have you visit again next season!

Reviewed September 27, 2018

Very nice Remodeled room. Very comfortable bed. Nice view from the balcony. Within walking distance of practically everything. The pool was VERY cold though. Dinner recommendations were okay but might have been better.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the five star rating! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our comfortable renovated rooms and our location with the awesome views! Hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Recently renovated -- nice décor, nice view of channel and castle. Front desk was friendly.

Now for the negative parts: Room smelled of cedar -- didn't really enjoy smelling that all the time. Bathroom smelled of urine and had to ask front desk to replace shower curtain which didn't help get rid of the smell. Friends we vacationed with also had the same complain about their bathroom.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alysha H, General Manager at Capt. Thomson's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Hello Mary Ann,

Thank you for writing us a review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed our decor, St. Lawrence River views and friendly staff!

I was surprised to hear that the fragrance of the room was bothersome to you, when you first brought this to the front desk's attention. Perhaps you were sensitive to our disinfecting solution which does have a vinegar component, especially if you were still sensing the fragrance after your bathroom was cleaned a second time by our housekeeping team.

We would love to have you visit us again and we are always glad to use a different disinfectant if specified before checking in.