“Great Experience!”
Review of Otter Creek Inn

Otter Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed August 9, 2008

My husband and I rode our motorcycle to Alexendra Bay and had a wonderful two night stay at the Otter Creek Inn. The owners were very nice. The chairs by the boat launch were a great place to unwind after our 2 1/2 hr. trip. When we asked if they had local menues, they brought out a stack and gave us their recommendations. This was a great little get away.

Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stayed in Alexandria Bay for our 33rd Anniversary. I looked through all the hotels/motels and was unable to find even a consensus on a "nice" hotel. I took the reviews for the Otter Creek Inn and decided to book there. At check-in....I got 2 room keys and warned of the rules...."Look next to the thermostat in your room and read the information". Talked about $25 for losing a key...no unregistered guests etc....some just common sense stuff...but a very negative first impression. The king room had only 1 nightstand and small TV (good cable selection)
They say there are the "newest motel" in the area....that being said...don't think they are "New"....has to be over 20 years old..it's just that others are older. Sink in room...not in bathroom.
The linens were terrible. thin bedspread and blankets. The bath towels were extremely small and thin. Very helpful people at the office, but the property needs to be refurbished. Think twice.

2  Thank megary
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This was the second week long stay at the Inn. Both years we had very similar experiences. Good communication with owners and staff, clean rooms and a safe dock for our boat. This year we arrived earlier then check-in, since it was a great weather day, and wanted to be out on the river, it was great that we were greeted by the cleaning crew quickly finishing up our room as we checked in. We traveled by bike to several other "resorts" to see the true value of why we will be returning again next year to Otter Creek Inn. A-Bay was having a very slow week at the other "resorts" while the "NO vacancy" light was lit every day and the parking lot full with families and even a group of very well behaved bass fishermen. The Inn is challeneged with a very short season but seems to be very eager on keeping a very clean enviroment both inside and out. We heard from the owner their plans for off- season upgrades and they may want to look into different king size mattresses. They seem to be much harder then the full size beds from last year. Overall great value with dockage, refrig and clean, quiet rooms just far enough away from the village that walking every morning for gourmet coffee was enjoyable.

1  Thank justalittletrim
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I have stayed at the Otter Creek Inn four years in a row now. My husband and I love it and plan to return every year!!!! The owners live on site and treat it as an extension of their home. It is a very quiet place to stay. I would not recommend it for people looking for a party scene though it is much more family oriented.

1  Thank NikiPennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I stayed at the inn with my brother and his wife. It was a wonderful experience. The owner was very friendly and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!! The room was VERY clean and well maintained. The fishing is great for kids. I was just messing around with my pole and caught a bunch of small bass and some sun fish. The area by the inlet that the hotel is located on is very nice to sit around and watch the kids fish or the boats entering or leaving the river. A very quiet and relaxing Family Inn. I was VERY pleased with everything and all of us are expecting to return to the Inn next year when we visit the area again. Can't say enough about the friendliness of the owner and the cleanliness of the hotel. It was a VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE!!!!! In case you read some of the negative reviews like i did... I DID NOT get a 30 minute lecture on rules of the inn (there is a very short list in the rooms that describe BASIC rules and how to operate the heat and air conditioning), and the owner did not question where we were going every time we left the hotel (which we did a number of times). However, he was very helpful in mentioning things to do if you ask him and what to see, etc. I can not imagine anyone having any problems with this inn. or the owner. I am looking forward to my return visit next year!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mailmaninmo
Reviewed July 14, 2008

First time guests. We found owners very friendly, knowledgeble of the local and surrounding sites. Rooms very clean. very quiet area but still only a very short walk to the downtown store area. The docks and boat ramp are for small as well as LARGE boats.
We will be back & highly recommend this Inn to anyone wishing a place away from the noise of downtown & the rowdyness of the main pier.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank aquaholic2
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This place is great and clean. Internet connection was easy and fast. There is a small boat peir at the end of the property where i was catching bigger fish than over at Kring State Park! The place was quiet and so close to the main strip that we all walked to eat and sightsee. Our room smelled very clean and there is no smoking in all of the rooms, so there will be people outside of the rooms smoking. I have to admit my stay at the hotel made my trip and vacation go alot easier. I will reccomend this to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque
Rock Ledge Motel
Rock Ledge Motel
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Otter Creek Inn? Share your experiences!