Rock Ledge Motel
Bonnie Castle Resort(Alexandria Bay)
$87
Otter Creek Inn(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
$104
Capt. Thomson's Resort(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
$90
Hotels.com
Riveredge Resort(Alexandria Bay)
$132
The Ship Motel(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
$95
Capt.'s Inn & Suites(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
$70
All reviewscoffee makeralex bayrefrigerator and microwavenice ownersowners take great pridestate parkgreat place to staystay there againislands regionrooms are smallgreat hostswe've stayedsized bedwi fiadirondack chairsice machinebeds were comfortable
Reviewed September 6, 2006

I can't say enough good things about the Rock Ledge. We have stayed there 3 times now over the last few years and each and every time its perfect. The owners Jim and Cindy are the greatest people you could ever meet, they make every stay special and memorable. The property and rooms are immaculate. If you're going to be in A-Bay stay at the Rock Ledge!! You'll be so glad you did and you'll be sure to make some new friends.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank OnTheRoadAgainKim
Reviewed July 22, 2006

I was cecently vacationing in the Thousand Islands and stayed at the Rock Ledge. I found the entire place to be extremely clean, neat and very comfortable. The owners were very accomodating and friendly. Their main concern at all times was the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. It was evident that the word has spread around about this place because it was fully booked each day. The grounds too were very beautiful and well kept. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who may be traveling to that area. I don't usually sit down and write a review after a vacation but I felt I just had to say a good word about this motel and the owners. I was really very impressed and pleasantly surprised!!
Peggy from Rockland, NY

Stayed: June 2006
12  Thank Pegala
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Jim and Cindy Durand should be applauded for having such a nice, clean, and affordable place to stay. The grounds were immaculate and the rooms were spotless...even the window sills. They do not allow smoking in the rooms but provide chairs, a table, and an ashtray outside each room. It is definitely a place to take your family and feel safe and is just minutes from downtown. I would highly recommend the Rockledge Motel on your next visit to Alexandria Bay, New York. In our opinion, they should be #1 in Alexandria Bay rather than #2.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank TransplantedYankee
A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2006

I have to agree that Cindy and Jim create a welcome, friendly atmosphere that makes coming back easy. I have stayed in both the motel and cabins and prefer the cabins. They are rustic, like staying in a motorhome which is what a cabin is, a mini-home without the wheels. I am a tournament bass fisherman and stay there at least once or twice a year. You couldn't get me to stay anywhere else. Clean, reasonable price, friendly atmosphere and most important, they have OUTSIDE POWER PLUGS for us bass fishermen to hook up our battery chargers at night. Easy access and no problem leaving your rig on the lawn or beside the cabin.

I have stayed in places all over the eastern U.S. and have to rate the Rock Ledge right up there in terms of value, cleanliness, access, ease of reservation and of course the smile, the welcome, the converstation and the pleasant family style atmosphere. Refreshing for a resort town.

Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at Rock Ledge recently and would agree with other reviewers that the price, location, owners and cleanliness of the motel were all great.
Our one caveat would be to stay in the main part of the motel - not a cabin. The one we stayed in had a bad boxspring that caused my husband's side of the bed to sink so that I was left clinging to a slope. The shower stall was so small that a large person might not fit into it. (Retrieving dropped soap required interesting maneuvers.) The wallpaper was peeling off, some horizontal cracks in the wall suggested structural problems and the windows had to be propped open with sticks. The cabins are somewhat closer to the road and the noise at night was noticeable.
As far as amenities, there was an air conditioner,portable heater, cable tv, a telephone and a coffee maker with supplied coffee, cups, stirrers, sugar, etc. No frig in our cabin. The motel has ice available and a soda machine.
As has been mentioned in other reviews, cleanliness is not an issue at Rock Ledge. I suspect that the cabins may be suffering from deferred maintenance - the main building looked to be quite a bit nicer. I would not hesitate to stay there again, I just would not book a cabin unless the website indicated they had been renovated.

• Stayed: July 2006