“Great Motel/Cabins”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Franklin, New Hampshire
“Great Motel/Cabins”
Reviewed October 9, 2007

The Motel grounds were well maintain.The room were clean no dust or cobwebs,or dirt.Owner were friendly and helpful.This was good for us for location.My son was able to get room too.He station at Fort Drum which only 24 miles away.Found this motel on web <live in NH> When we come back to vist again.We stay here again.Close to 1000 Island Attracttions.

• Liked — Clean Friendy Owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto
Reviewed August 27, 2007

The hotel is very clean, in a nice quiet location. We had some confusion over the rates however: I was told when I made the reservation that I would probably get a weekday-rate for my thursday reservation, however I was talking to an employee who was not Jim or Cindy (the owners). I was a bit surprised to find out later that for thursday I would be charged a weekend rate (about $20 more per room). The reason was this: because I also booked for the Friday, thursday turned into a weekend as they have a two night minimum on weekends. They were very accomodating after I complained about the confusion, and I was quite happy with my service and stay in the end. At any rate, make sure you talk to Cindy or Jim (Jim is extremely friendly and very nice) when you call.

• Liked — quiet and clean
  • Disliked — No telephones!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank yodacakes
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I hadn't been back to ABay for almost 14 years and wanted to stay with my friends, Jim and Cindy Durand. They didn't know I was arriving and when I walked up the driveway to see if they had a room for me they greeted me like it was only yesterday since we had seen each other. They got me a room and invited me to join in their youngest son's graduation celebration. It was like coming home again. The room was comfortable and the motel is close to all the activities I would want to do and to the shops and restaurants of Alexandria Bay. Thanks Jim and Cindy for welcoming me back.

• Liked — Quiet, clean and had the basics you would want
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank seyyah57
Milford Michigan
Reviewed October 14, 2006

My husband grew up in Alexandria Bay and knows the owners of Rock Ledge Motel, Jimmy & Cindy Durand. As stated in previous reviews, Jimmy and Cindy are very personable to their guests and always make you feel at home. Because my husband now lives in Michigan, when we go back to "the bay" to visit his famility, we insist on staying at the Rock Ledge.

From the outside, the motel looks like the typical "side of the road" motel, but, the grounds are huge and well manicured with added touches such as flower planters next to each room and chairs and a table outside of each room. There is alot of planning by the owners to ensure your stay is comfortable and pleasant.

The rooms in the main motel section are immaculate, including the window sills. Our room included a frig and coffeemaker with coffee provided. There is also a table and chair in the room. The heat ( as we visited in October) kept us toasty and was not noisy.
Prices are 1/4 the price of some of the hotels directly on the St. Lawrence River, and, I won't name names, but one "luxury" hotel has the filthiest rooms I have ever seen.

Alexandria Bay is not a big town, so, although the Rock Ledge is not located right in town, it is only a 5 minute drive maximum to downtown Alex Bay.

The Rock Ledge does close in October, as do many business's in the bay, but, it is definitely the place to stay in the spring and summer.

Tell Jimmy & Cindy that Auggie says Hi.

Stayed October 2006
4 Thank Debadeb
Erie
Reviewed September 6, 2006

I can't say enough good things about the Rock Ledge. We have stayed there 3 times now over the last few years and each and every time its perfect. The owners Jim and Cindy are the greatest people you could ever meet, they make every stay special and memorable. The property and rooms are immaculate. If you're going to be in A-Bay stay at the Rock Ledge!! You'll be so glad you did and you'll be sure to make some new friends.

• Liked — Location and Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early for summer weekends to assure availability
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
7 Thank OnTheRoadAgainKim
Rockland, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2006

I was cecently vacationing in the Thousand Islands and stayed at the Rock Ledge. I found the entire place to be extremely clean, neat and very comfortable. The owners were very accomodating and friendly. Their main concern at all times was the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. It was evident that the word has spread around about this place because it was fully booked each day. The grounds too were very beautiful and well kept. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who may be traveling to that area. I don't usually sit down and write a review after a vacation but I felt I just had to say a good word about this motel and the owners. I was really very impressed and pleasantly surprised!!
Peggy from Rockland, NY

Stayed June 2006
12 Thank Pegala
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Jim and Cindy Durand should be applauded for having such a nice, clean, and affordable place to stay. The grounds were immaculate and the rooms were spotless...even the window sills. They do not allow smoking in the rooms but provide chairs, a table, and an ashtray outside each room. It is definitely a place to take your family and feel safe and is just minutes from downtown. I would highly recommend the Rockledge Motel on your next visit to Alexandria Bay, New York. In our opinion, they should be #1 in Alexandria Bay rather than #2.

• Liked — Extremely clean
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Tips/Secrets — If you want a quiet family atmosphere, you'll find it here.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Capt. Thomson's Resort
Capt. Thomson's Resort
#3 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Rock Ledge Motel? Share your experiences!