“Nothing Like Website Implies!!!”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Oswego, NY
“Nothing Like Website Implies!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2006

When we arrived they gave us our room key and didn't tell us where the room was....We had to go back in to ask where the room was located, we ended up across the street in a smelly cabin style room, it had 2 bedrooms with no doors, NO PHONES and ac didn't work, the main door to outside had cracks in it. 2 other doors that lead to outside where screwed shut. The Bathroom was GROSS Black Tub. No lamp shades over the lights. The bedding Stunk! It looked dirty. I went back to ask for my money back, They didn't seem surprised! They didn't even ask why, they just gave me my money back. We went to stay at Sir Robert Peel Motor Lodge on Rt 12- What a breath of fresh air compaired to the horrible experience at the Boardwalk. We ended up saving money due to the new hotel being cheaper!!!!

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank riebear

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed June 25, 2006

My girlfriends and I rented the house. Our experience was that the house was clean and pleasant . We were provided with fresh towels and found the house to be quite comfortable.

Suggestions for improvement: new flooring in downstairs bathroom, new air conditioners that work, and working outlets on that wonderful outside deck.

We all agree we would stay here again (providing it was in the house as that was where we had a positive experience).

D Page

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Key West, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2006

I stayed one night recently. It was inexpensive and within easy walking distance to the center of town. I had read all the negative reviews so I asked to see the room they were going to give me before deciding. It was clean, new carpeting and flooring in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. Basic. Nothing fancy, but that isn't what I was looking for. The owner was friendly and frustrated at all the negative reviews. He says he's been working on the place and planning new furniture next. The towels were kind of flimsy--oh well.....I would stay there again. The pool looked nice but I didn't use it. Too cold when I was there. Looked like nice docking for boats. There were picnic tables and grills all over.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank caribbeangail
Reviewed September 12, 2005

The place was nothing like the webpage. At check in, we were directed across the street, drove up a pathway into a wooded area where there were cabins. I thought we would be staying in a hotel overlooking the river. We were never told they had this other section. The room was small with outdated, delapitaded furniture...food crumbs between the sheets of the bed, lumpy pillows and a musty smell. We never asked for a cabin. The air conditioning unit was in the wall and sounded like a freight train. For added comfort, there was a big square floor fan that knocked you off your feet even when you set it on the lowest setting...Windows were painted shut and had cobwebs and spiders between the screens. TV reception was lousy, if you could hear it over the fan and air conditioner. The bathroom was tiny with no place in the shower to put a bar of soap, shampoo or a washcloth. You had to keep stepping out and reach everything off the sink.

A group in the other cabin was drinking and shouting all night long. We had 1-2 hours of sleep. When we complained to the owner that we had vary inadequate lodging, he said he just bought the place across the road and would be refinishing it. Oh yes, and the website also advertised a coffee pot and coffee in every room...HA! We were lucky we had water in the bathroom! The toping to this fabulous room was that a skunk relieved himself right outside our window. Since the hotel/cabins were all booked, we only stayed the 1 night. I made sure I took lots of photos so we could have laughs with my co-workers and family members.

Never again!!!

We're going back again this October, 2005....but chose another hotel, so we'll see....

• Stayed July 2001
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria Bay hotels

Reviewed August 5, 2005

Spent 3 nights here because it seemed we had no choice. Paid for room in advance. Severe structural problems and REALLY old mattresses ! No outlets in bathroom. Shower did not work. Never given enough towels. "Maids" were the owners teenage daughters. Could see the ground beneath the building through cracks in the floor! The entire row of rooms look like they are falling into the bay. Smelled like some kind of insecticide had been sprayed in the room. But apparently not enough, as we all left with "bug" bites all over our ankles and feet. No locks on windows and screens were busted. Just a really old, stinky, run down place that should NOT be in business anymore...let alone charging over $100/night. The only thing working in the room was the air conditioner. And the outdoor pool was fairly new. Swim in the pool, but sleep in your car ! And you'd be better off bathing in the river. I don't see this place lasting another year or two before it caves in. Hopefully there are no occupants inside when it does ! Definitely stay somewhere else...but just to see how a homeless person might live...check out room #5 !

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed May 11, 2005

When requesting a King Jacuzi suite, I thought I would have a nice weekend. Instead, I got a room with a ripped heart shapped tub, spiders, bad smell, and a black shower curtain from the mildew! Advertisment said a wet bar, however, the only thing in the kitchen were dirty dishes!!! Thankfully, there was a left over hamburger in the fridge (GROSS)! I dont think that maids are employed at this hotel, and I strongly advise you to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2004
7 Thank Goddess5501
Reviewed August 29, 2004

This so called “resort” is nothing more than a complete dump. The website this so called “resort” has online, is very deceiving. When we arrived, our “room” was nothing more than a stand alone “cabin” partially held up right by concrete cinder blocks. Our view was of the white PVC plumbing pipes (for the toilet and tub) running from under the “room” along the ground in front of our “room”. Blocks of wood held up the sink in the bathroom. There was a wasp’s nest under the “room” with dead wasps inside of the room. There were large gaps between the windows and the walls, as well as where the wall meets the floor. The curtain and curtain rod were ripped off of the wall and laying in a heap on the floor. The bed (including the bedding) as well as the furniture and TV look as if they had been picked up from alongside the road.
We are amazed that the town of Alexandria Bay has not condemned this establishment and/or made the owners completely renovate. This establishment should be thoroughly inspected for code violations as well as by the health department.
We wish we could post photographs, because immediately after checking our “room” we took a few digital photographs of this place, prior to demanding our money back and going elsewhere.
We highly recommend that you think twice before deciding to stay at this so called “resort” or making reservations with this establishment. You would have a more comfortable night sleeping in a dumpster.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!