“STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY RUDE- LOUD- DIRTY-BUGSS!!”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Never would stay again- Ah where to begin.
The bed is as hard as a rock you wont sleep- The drunks outside on the deck and swimming until 3am will also keep you awake.
This motel is such a piece of crap you think the staff would be nice- They are completely rude every last one of them. $120 a night is a joke.
The bathroom kept backing up and overflowing, The water in the shower sucked it kept going from hot to freezing every other minute.
Big big nasty black spiders in the room bugs everywhere Can you say bed bugs- Bring your own sheets and blankets and then burn them afterwards
Tiny tiny tv
It was just a bad experience all around thank god we only stayed for 1 night
STAY FAR AWAY

Room Tip: Go to the Riversedge seriously its right next door to this bug invested dump so much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki2793

Reviewed September 16, 2010

This was my husbands and my first trip to alex bay we went with friends who have been going to the board walk motel for years. It was okay were going to stay again next year. Not a bad price to stay. And we enjoyed the time we spent there we didn't spend alot of time in the room. but hey were on vaction why spend to much time on the room. If you want to stay in your room stay home.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank relaxed32
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I would never again stay in this motel. For the money we spent for to rooms I could have stayed in a much better place. I've actually stayed in tents that were better. The first thing I noticed was how out dated the furniture was. The first night I was there we were out on the deck and there were hundreds of spiders. Then we could hear something moving under the deck it was a momma racoon and six babies so we had to go in. The toilets didn't flush well and were easily clogged along with the shower that you were standing in an inch of water the whole time you were showering. I had to chase someone down for toilet paper and towels because the maid service didn't clean the rooms until after 4pm. The parking sucked you could barelymove your car around to park and the last nigfht we were there, there was not even one place to park so I had to park down the street and kept going up to put money into the parking meter. Also the place was so noisyyou could sleep well between the drunks running up and down and banging around and the pipes making this loud rummbling sound it was awful. I would not recommend this place. It was the worst I've ever been in and don't know what I was thinking when I called for reservation. This will never happen again.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank penronjonvic
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My friends and I stayed here for two nights. The place was close to town and looked ok from the outside. The rates were reasonable and was clean with friendly staff. Before checking in we asked to see the room. The first room they showed us had two double beds and no room for a cot. We asked if they had a bigger room and they showed us one with queen beds and it was a lot roomier. We took it. They charged us the same price as the smaller room which was only $89 a night. Not bad for the area. The beds were really hard and the room was very outdated but it was clean enough. There were five of us and we ran out of hot water after the third shower in a row. We went to the office and they let us use another room for a shower. They were very accomadating. Next...the circuit blew because we had a coffee pot, an air conditioner and a blow dryer going at the same time. They fixed it promptly though. Like I said...it wasn't the Taj Mahal but it was ok. I've seen worse.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I love this hotel I think it is a very nice place to stay. The staff is nice and the owner is a good person. They where all very helpful. The maids cleaned up very well and our room was a great place to stay. The view was amazing and worth staying to see. I would tell anyone to stay there..

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed here en route on the spur of the moment. It looks charming: old-school boardwalk right to the dock on the bay, amazing view of Bordt castle and the sunset. Nice outdoor gated pool, too. Alex Bay has a rougher feel to it than its neighbors and we didn't want our family to be in the mix. This is in town but quiet enough considering its location.

We thought the Boardwalk would be older but charming and well-maintained. Were we wrong! Well, our first room was at "the Boardwalk, too," across the street . . . some sort of dark backwoods cottage hunkering in the trees! Needless to say, we didn't feel safe, and marched right back to the office to ask for another room.

We were then given a room on the end. No general care and maintenance has been provided to this place for many years, and the interior is sparse, dated and depressing. The bed was really uncomfortable, one light didn't work, and there was no coffee maker. No phone book either, from which to order food.

However, the TV worked, as did the A/C, and the linens seemed clean enough. Sink was clean too, but there were a couple of hairs in the tub.

Hovering at the very low end of basic, clean and comfortable (we called it scuzzy, reflecting on it) and a horrible value for $120.00! We stayed down the road in a wonderful motel in Clayton for $80.00 and couldn't believe we had been duped into paying this much for what will be a dump in the next couple of years if the owners don't step up.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank K2Lee
Reviewed July 26, 2009

By far, staying at the Boardwalk Resort was the worst experience of my life. I traveled with a group of friends for Fourth of July and was opened minded upon arrival. The room was not clean, smelled, and was very out dated but we figured on spending most of our time out of the room. We decided to go into town our first night there. We made sure before we left to hide valuables, close the curtains, and of course lock the door behind us. When we returned later that night we walked in to discover that we had been robbed. Apparently, the thief broke in through a window in the back of the room. There was blood on our carpet from where the thief/thieves entered the room. We let the manager know what had happened and the next day he came and a repaired the window. THAT WAS ALL HE DID FOR US!!!! He did not care that we had been robbed and did not even bother sending in a cleaning crew to take care of the blood. We were not the only cabin broken into that night also. The police were notified and were kind but were not hopeful about finding our belongings. It was a horrible stay. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!