“Primative Cabins are cleaner!”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
NE Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2003

I can honestly say I have never stayed at a motel that was shabbier than this one. They have no bathtubs, everything is on a slant, including the rooms..if you like the smell of pine sol, this is the place to stay. Used towels are refolded for your use again..."boardwalk" is falling apart. The slums probably have more to offer than this place. The only thing that keeps them going is there cheap rates but the place should be shut down! As I stayed there 3 yrs ago, it sure sounds like it hasn't changed a bit. The state really needs to step in on this one for sure!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 27, 2003

My wife and I stayed in the jacuzzi room they offer, but it was way overpriced, considering the room was filthy, there were spiders in the corners, the blinds were broken, no electrical outlets in the bathroom, the baseboard heat control is behind the couch (we woke up freezing and couldn't turn it on), the bedside lamp wasn't plugged in because there was no outlet there, the maid forgot to provide soap the first day, and the hotel doesn't even provide little bottles shampoo even though they charged us $129 per night. On the positive side, the jacuzzi, TV and refrigerator worked fine, the bed was comfortable, we had a small balcony on the water, and the hotel is a very short walk from the main strip. They will ask you to pay in advance, but I recommend viewing your room before committing yourself.

2  Thank hydrex
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed August 22, 2003

My husband and I recently traveled to Alex Bay for Pirate's week-end and had reservations at the Boardwalk. This place needs serious upgrading. We could actually see the ground in both the bathroom and sleeping area due to the wall seperating from the floor. The refrigerator had not been cleaned out, what a mess. And this is what they call a resort. We call it a dump!!!!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medina, NY
Reviewed August 9, 2003

Very disappointed, maid service was bad don't think they cleaned very well. Rooms were not kept up, furniture especially beds were in very poor shape. Just not a place I would recommend to anyone. Shut it down!
Don't plan on getting any phone messages. People at front desk very rude.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2003

Made a reservation 3 to 4 weeks prior to arrival with specific request for a room with river view. Got there in early afternoon. Room offered was like a dungeon, behind a house with view of a wall and the room smelled. Cost of room was ridiculous for amenities offered. We were told no other rooms were available so refused to stay there.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cortland, N.Y.
Reviewed June 19, 2003

My Husband and I visit Alex Bay every year and love the area. Years ago we stayed at the Boardwalk Resort several times and loved it. It wasn't anything fancy but it was well kept and clean. It has been about 13 years since our last stay at this Motel but made reservations thinking it would still be about the same. Boy were we in for a surprise!! The place was beyond discribing. Lets just say you couldn't pay me to stay there again. The carpet looks like it hasn't been replaced in about 50 years, the furniture was in such bad shape it needed to be taken to the dump. You could see daylight through the boards in the window that held the airconditioner. The shower was filled with mildew and misssing tiles. All I can say is I think the place needs to be condemned.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!