“Not the Ritz, but fun place to stay!”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
merrimack, nh
“Not the Ritz, but fun place to stay!”
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Rustic, but clean...work had recently been done in the bathroom and the shower was hot and had great water pressure. The view was great and everyone I dealt with was very accomodating.
If you want fancy, look elseware. If you want a great location and a good time I would recommend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room furnature needs update
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twburkenh

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2007

First 15 minutes there the toilet backed up twice and flooded the bathroom. Please stay somewhere else. I didn't believe the reviews... I DO NOW...Our friends had a different room. They felt the same way. My back hurt from the bed for the entire time I was there.

BELIEVE ME......THE OTHER MOTELS ARE A WHOLE DIFFERENT CLASS.

• Liked — TV actually worked
  • Disliked — Condition of overall motel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fisherman40

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria Bay hotels

Massena, NY
Reviewed July 5, 2007

The website is a pack of lies. Thankfully we brought our own coffeemaker. There was none in the room as advertised. We spent as much time as possible out of the room. It was totally filthy. The bed was so close to the very small TV that it was a hazzard. The lamps were both broken and were dangerous.
The toilet was so close to the vanity that we had to sit at an angle.The front door was about to fall apart. The lock was about to fall out and did not lock automatically. There was a plywood insert in the front door because the windows were not in working order. There was hair and webs all over the bathroom molding
along the walls. The shower leaked constantly, running all over the floor in the bath. When we went to wipe it up, the towel was
black from dirt. There was no phone in the room, no clock, no TV directory. Probably the worst place we have ever stayed for the money. $10.00 per night was too much. I would not let our dog sleep there and recommend this to noone. The front windows were also broken and open slightly in room 7.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — absolut filth and disrepair
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ktminimart
West Seneca, NY
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I bring a large group to this resort each August. We have had the opportunity to see improvements made each year and have always enjoyed our stay. I will be bringing the largest group yet this year. All the additional people are coming because of word-of-mouth from those who have joined us in the previous years. We have found the rooms clean and comfortable, but don't spend all day in our rooms, so they're a good place to sleep at the end of a busy day.

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere and comfort
  • Disliked — Could use a few additional improvements.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank bld546
new york
Reviewed August 28, 2006

The pictures on the internet are only from the outside, we pulled into the parking lot and thought this looks nice. You pay for your room get your luggage and then you open the door to your room, and you may want to turn around get in your car and not look back.
I was not looking for 5 Star accomodation here, I just wanted a clean room and clean bedding.

First sight of my room is "Oh My", then I check to make sure the sheets and blankets are clean, The sheets looked clean but the blanket was disgusting. There was some nasty spots all over it. I thought well at least the sheets are clean, I brought my own pillows, I just wont cover up with anything.

I look down by the side of the bed and I can see the Bay. Yes from my room, the floor that is. There is 1" gap between the floor and walls so you get a bayside view and can share your room with whatever decides to crawl in there with you. Let me tell you I slept (what little I got) with the lights on, one eye open and no blankets and I got to pay $116 plus taxes for this luxury resort poolside room.

• Liked — had a pool
  • Disliked — the rooms were horrible
  • Tips/Secrets — keep looking-try hills motor court
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Josie L
Dansville NY
Reviewed August 26, 2006

PLEASE save your money and your health. We just got back from an overnight in Alex Bay at this "resort". My wife is talking about drafting up a letter to the health board. I know what you're thinking, because I fell for it too, "there's only a few bad reviews, I'll book anyway." Let me hit the high points for you. We stayed in one of the "Cabins". This is all true and not inflated in any way. This information should be known. We stepped in; there's dried blood on the comforter, visible dirt you could see and feel with your hand under the sheet, the floor was stained all over, lamp was missing a bulb, crushed bugs in the drapes, and the drape rod had been pulled out of the wall so many times and rescrewed that there were at least a dozen screw holes in the drywall from it. There was a back door that had been kicked in so now the knob had been removed and it had been caulked in place. Our plan was to stay out on the town as long as possible and then get up early and leave. We got back at 11:30, spent 20 minutes killing spiders we found everywhere, slept in our clothes on top of the sheets and then got up at 6 and ran out. I even left the light on all night hoping it would deter the bugs and spiders from coming out. I told the front desk all of this and they truly sounded like they had heard it before and didn't care. If we would of had a blanket from home we would have slept in the car. Please don't put your family or yourself through this.

• Liked — Being able to leave
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, Health impacts
  • Tips/Secrets — Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank iamdagger1
Oswego, NY
Reviewed August 23, 2006

When we arrived they gave us our room key and didn't tell us where the room was....We had to go back in to ask where the room was located, we ended up across the street in a smelly cabin style room, it had 2 bedrooms with no doors, NO PHONES and ac didn't work, the main door to outside had cracks in it. 2 other doors that lead to outside where screwed shut. The Bathroom was GROSS Black Tub. No lamp shades over the lights. The bedding Stunk! It looked dirty. I went back to ask for my money back, They didn't seem surprised! They didn't even ask why, they just gave me my money back. We went to stay at Sir Robert Peel Motor Lodge on Rt 12- What a breath of fresh air compaired to the horrible experience at the Boardwalk. We ended up saving money due to the new hotel being cheaper!!!!

Stayed August 2006
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!