“Great wine, fun activity!”

Thousand Islands Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on earth, the Thousand Islands Region is an international tourism destination located along the eastern shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. It is home to many quaint villages and sits just along the border between the United States and Canada. This region was named after the 1,793 islands that are nestled within this scenic international waterway. With recent advances in cold hardy grape production, the Thousand Islands is quickly becoming one of New York State’s fastest growing wine regions. The Thousand Islands Winery was the first winery in the region and boasts not only multiple acres of vineyards, but also breathtaking scenery, a fun and unique tasting room atmosphere, and of course award winning wines!
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to break up our day on the water. Not only was the wine surprisingly good, it was a free tasting for wine and they also have a beer tasting as well! All the servers are very experienced and knowledgable
of their spirits. They also have a beautiful property where you can sit outside or meander around after..

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The friendly staff helps you try different wines and beers. For free you can try 4 wines and then it's more than reasonable to try a few more. I recommend the Delaware wine if you like something sweet. There's also yummy snacks to try and buy

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you only drink wines that some critic has rated 90 pts or better, this probably is not the place for you. But if you enjoy checking out the local flavors this is a great stop while you are in the Thousand Island region. I actually visited twice in July, once with a group of 9 and another with a group of 13. Once was on the Friday of the 4th of July and the other was a Sunday. Both times the place was very crowded, but the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Since there was no room at the tasting counter downstairs both times they took our group to the upstairs banquet room. There is no charge for the tasting for up to four samples and a small charge if you want to try more. There is also a short tour that is worth the time, there is also no charge for the tour. I enjoyed their wines as did all the people in the group I went with. Most of us purchased a bottle or 2 after the tasting.

I have visited a couple of other wineries in the area and while they were OK, the TI winery is by far my favorite. The staff is great; their wine is as good as or better than the local competition and a better value.

They also have a beer tasting, which I did not investigate, but it is an alternative if a member of your group is not a wine drinker. The only negative I could see is I think individuals under the legal drinking age will be bored, there is not much to keep them entertained.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Whenever friends come to the Islands we include a visit to the Thousand Island Winery to taste their wide variety of award winning wines. You can taste 10 wines for free or 20 for $5.00 ( your fee gets you a wine glass to take home). The side trip is worth it regardless of you purpose in traveling to the Thousand Islands.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

TI Winery has the best wine! North Country Red is my favorite. Their wine slushies are AWESOME! We stop in every time we are in the area.
My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Thousand Islands Winery. It was great! The staff was awesome! The place was beautiful! We chose the loft area above the tasting room...gorgeous! Has a wonderful romantic feel. I was so happy with everything! I made sure to buy a big bottle of my favorite wine on the way out too ;-)