“Ok for the prices.”

Thousand Islands Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on earth, the Thousand Islands Region is an international tourism destination located along the eastern shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. It is home to many quaint villages and sits just along the border between the United States and Canada. This region was named after the 1,793 islands that are nestled within this scenic international waterway. With recent advances in cold hardy grape production, the Thousand Islands is quickly becoming one of New York State’s fastest growing wine regions. The Thousand Islands Winery was the first winery in the region and boasts not only multiple acres of vineyards, but also breathtaking scenery, a fun and unique tasting room atmosphere, and of course award winning wines!
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff was really sweet and welcoming, although there must have been a couple regulars in there, as they were throwing pretzels at the staff in a joking manner. I found this unprofessional as we were in the middle of our tasting. They seemed somewhat knowledgeable about their wines, but in my opinion need a little more education about shelf stability on certain ones.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I like semi-sweet wines, and this winery did not disappoint! We chose the wine tasting option that gave us 10 samples plus a free glass, and we wound up buying 5 of the wines we tried. There were still wines on the list that we didn't try, and I'm sure they would be just as good if our tastes ran that way. The staff were very informative, and made our tasting a great experience.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Friendly staff, great winery, close to hotel and variety of options for doing tasting.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

new york state never gets the recognition it deserves when it comes to great wines. thousand islands winery will help change that. great wines can be sampled seven days a week, and the winery hosts several fun events during the year. check it out if you are in the area, location only two minutes from interstate 81

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My best friends and I went on a wine tour over memorial day weekend, and absolutely LOVED the place! We bought a ton of wine, and the wine tour was amazing. The grounds are so beautiful and the staff was super friendly! I will most definitely recommend this place to anyone coming in from out of town, or local; they will have a fabulous time! Try the BLUEBERRY wine, one of my fave dessert wines!