“Poor service and fair food”
Review of River House

River House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Steamers overbooked, fish and chips flavorless and dry. Lasagna nothing to write home about. Very disappointed!

2  Thank BikerMadame
There are newer reviews for River House

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Although the prices are reasonable, nothing was more than average, and lots were below par. Onion soup was very bland, food was mediocre, coffee was burnt and the cherry cheesecake lacked cherries. The rest of the staff was perfectly nice and removed the burnt coffee and cheesecake from our bill, but unfortunately our waiter was evidently new and we had dessert amidst our dirty dinner plates. Oh, and if it is hot, there is no air conditioning, although we ate outside with a nice breeze.

1  Thank eileencpink
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Enjoyed drinks and appetizers here, it was a great atmosphere.

1  Thank bbutchino
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a week in early August. We had meals from many restaurants. I must say our best experience was at the River House. The food was perfect. I had the Taliapa. The atmosphere was perfect. We were on the covered deck. Our waitress was intelligent, friendly, and on top of things when we needed anything. We never had to flag her down. I had ordered carry-out from one of the other restaurants earlier in the week (begins with a C) and without providing me with cutlery, she asked if I needed change back from 2 twenty's on a $32 bill. This was a carry-out. I told my wife I would not eat there again. I strongly recommend the River House.

2  Thank madincovert