“Good place to visit by boat.”
Review of Swan Bay Beach Club - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swan Bay Beach Club
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place has good food at a fair price, but no air coditioning so don't go on a hot day. The food is good, I like the fish and chips or fish sandwich if I go for lunch. Good fishing in this bay.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Swan Bay Beach Club has definitely gone down hill. Locals are not surprised, because this is the owner's deal...he buys, opens, and never maintains any of his properties. It's really a shame because he is certainly not helping the reputation of the Bay.
Anyway, I went here after a wine tour this summer and was sorely disappointed. We ordered a $9 calimari appetizer that literally had 7 pieces of calimari. My boyfriend ordered broiled haddock for $12 and the piece of fish was the size of my hand with plain white rice on the side. On the other hand, myself and another friend ordered eggplant parm for $10 that was a heaping portion.
This place is just all over the place and needs to be totally fixed up from the service, to the interior/exterior, to the food.

2  Thank allisonie
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I went to the Swan Bay Beach club this summer and will never go back nor would I recommend it. You can access the restaurant by boat boat use caution as the floating docks are a disgrace. Rotten plywood with exposed screws and nails adorn the dock surface. I cant believe they arent concerned about customers falling and tripping. The food is nothing special. My burger was overcooked and no one else in our party had anything complimentary to say about the the food. Service was ok. Strictly a tourist trap. there are much better dining and lunch options in Alex Bay or Clayton all of which are accessible by boat.

2  Thank rednecktraveler99
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Been visiting "the Islands" many years and happened upon this place by accident.
The sign out front is hard to read when you are traveling at 55mph, but I happened to catch the word restaurant and checked it out. I wish the owners would take advice and work on improving the advertising. What a wonderful surprise! Like most
places there don't look for glamor, just a good time. That's what we had. Previous reviews have described the establishment correctly so I won't repeat what was written.
We had the onion soup and reuben sandwich. Food was great, price was acceptable and service was very friendly. Sorry I didn't know about it sooner or I would have been
a repeat customer!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first was the summer of 2010. We sat outside on the deck and looked at the St. Lawrence River. It was a beautiful evening. The food was not memorable. We visited again this summer (2011) on a cool and cloudy day and ate inside. The interior is dreary as was the food. I had eggplant parmesan. There was lots of the tasteless serving.
Go here on a sunny summer day and sit outside, have a drink and look at the water. Order something very simple--hamburger?--and plan not to be impressed by anything but the view.