“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a buffet breakfast here every morning of our trip, and Dinner the first night, food was allways good, staff was very cutious.

Visited September 2013

Rochester, New York
“Thousand Island get away weekend”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife took me on a romantic weekend package to the Thousand Islands. We ate at Riley's by the river as part of the package along with Captain Thompson's Motel / Uncle Sam Boat Tours.

The dinner and breakfast were great and the service was great. Would do again.

Troy, New York
“Ordinary”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had heard that this was a pretty good restaurant, but we were disappointed. Had a nice booth by the window. Waitress neglected to tell us about the specials. When I went to the restroom, I saw a veal dish on the specials board that I would have ordered, had I known about it. I had ribs and my husband had prime rib. Both were OK, but nothing special. Mashed potatoes were OK, but the mixed vegetables were very tired looking and not very tasty. Wouldn't hurry back to this one.

Visited September 2013
“Good Food and Very Accomodating”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We tried to make reservations for the luncheon cruise on the Uncle Sam's Thousand Island Boat Tours but could not (over booked)...Riley's was recommended as an alternative to order take out and carry on the boat...What could have been a disappointment turned into finding a great catch....we ordered 12 take out orders with a short time schedule to make our boat....food came out on time and was delicious!....we liked it so much we went back the next day for breakfast....food was very good, portions large, price reasonable., service very good. Will return again when in the are!

Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“Nice Atmosphere, Beautiful View, Average Food.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to Montreal, Canada and decided to take a break in Alexandria Bay, NY. for the night. After finding a hotel we went down into the town to find a place to eat supper. This is a cute little summer tourist village and we had arrived a few days after Labor Day, so most of the tourists were long gone. Riley's is one of the larger eating establishments in town and it's right next to the docks where all of the tour boats are tied up. It's very accessible and easy to get to by car or on foot once you're in town, The inside of the restaurant is very nice and comfortable and there is a lot of seating along the windows which have very nice views of the river and some of the islands. I wouldn't say the menu is large, but there is a nice variety of different foods from salads to entrees to desserts.
Probably the thing that my wife and I enjoyed the most, along with the food, was the friendliness of the staff that waited on us. Everyone we spoke with was willing to spend an extra minute to talk with us and make us feel comfortable since it was obvious we were visitors.
Our favorite food there was the seafood chowder in a breadbowl. We would have preferred it in a regular tableware bowl, but that was an extra charge. The bread was tasty, but a little too much for this type of serving. We loved the chowder and highly recommend it if you're going to visit. All of the food we ate was tasty and enjoyable, and there was plently of it. Considering this area has a large tourist population, the cost of the food was reasonable.
The next day, after a few hours of sightseeing on a tourboat, we went back to the restaurant and had a quick lunch before heading on to Canada. The grilled turkey club sandwhich was not only excellent but it was so large that we shared it.