“Curry Thursday! ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from having the curry Thursday menu at the Irish clock, everything from the poppadoms, to the onions bahjis and the chicken vindaloo was spot on and cheap at 299 baht including an ice cold Leo. Only downside was the naan bread which was pretty awful. Service and the misses Thai dish were good.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to the Irish Clock recently, all I can say is bad service and not good food, what a difference from the early days!.

My advice would be to have staff who are attentive and have a basic understanding of English, especially if you are intending on getting expat clients.

Think this place will be on the market again very soon.

4  Thank POestates
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Like most places that are run by expats they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The Irish clock is run by a English man which is funny as it's supposed to be an Irish pub. I tried to eat in there and asked for my main coarse to be served after my starter which was said could be done no problem. Well my wife was still half way tho her starter when the mains food turned up on the table. I asked why this had happened and was told by the owner that I had asked for it. When I said I didn't want it they took it away and left it in the kitchen until we were ready for it. I said I was not happy and didn't want the food and only wanted to pay for what we had had and was told there was no way I was not paying for everything. So I paid for the lot and left hungry and out of pocket. There are far better and friendlier places than this place. 0 points on service and management skills.

3  Thank Thailand1988
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Been there 3 times , everything we had was very good, and very nice staff, recommend it. You can seat outside as we'll, toilets were very clean, and a great choice on the menu, 1 British menus, and also a Thai menus

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had breakfast, lunch and dinner here. All very good and I was really happy with everything (big breakfast, tuna sandwich, shrimp cocktail and bangers and mash). A plus is great sauces and condiments. I see a few reviews down that the portion size was too small...if it ever was its changed now because I got really good portion sizes. Atmosphere is nice and very Irish pub style. Local Thai girls and a Thai boy do their best with the service. It's very good but even better when the management is assisting a bit here and there. Big screens with sports and daily newspapers. Owner and Mrs. are both nice. Only two suggestions to get it perfect...give the waitresses a green t-shirt or something...I'm ok with laid back, own clothes and flip flops but this restaurant deserve to look a bit tidy...just all in same t-shirt that's all. Also...please change the super annoying electric bell sound (7 eleven style) that comes from the kitchen every time a dish is ready...what happened with the bell model just saying "pling"?