Phuket can often be full of activity and action but Laguna is a private resort town that offers a great chance to wind down and relax.
I stayed here at Laguna Holiday Club and the first thing that impressed me was the size of the suites. I was in a one bedroom apartment with separate living and dining areas, kitchenette and two TVs. Ample bottled water is supplied daily and rooms are kept clean and cool. The rooms are also mainly cleaned in the afternoon so there's plenty of time to sleep in and get ready to go.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is reasonably priced and quite nice (try the papaya salad- yum).
The pool is more than adequate if you're not looking for more than a little cooling off and relaxation. But the free shuttle takes you to other resorts where you can pool share or walk through the resort to head to the beach and Laguna Holiday Club has its own set of beach chairs you can use for free right near the cafe on the beach (where food and drinks are also nice and much cheaper and cocktails are half price in the evening).
Although the area is quiet, there's still plenty to do. Laguna Holiday Club offers great activities for the kids or you can use the adjacent golf club, the elephant park is within walking distance as are a small set of shops and they walk the elephants on the beach a couple of times a day and the kids love this.
The staff at the hotel also arranged a cooking class for me at nearby Dusat Thani hotel (but the rooms at Laguna are much nicer) and save your money for the cheaper massages on the beach or get the shuttle to drop you at the edge of town and walk further in to town to the main street and grab a massage or meal there for a bargain.
The hotel arranged a driver at a very reasonable price to take me around the island and go to the markets- really there's heaps you can do at a great price if you want or you can just do nothing without being disturbed. There's also free wi fi in the rooms so if you want to stay in and surf the net, that's ok too.
I really enjoyed it here and I think if you're looking for a quiet, undisturbed or private location, this is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 44 spacious suites available in three room types ranging from 65 - 113 square meters. All suites feature separate living and dining area, convenient kitchens and furnishings. Resort amenities available to guests include a swimming pool with water slide, a pool bar, "Seedlings" restaurant, kid's club, plus free wireless connection throughout resort. Following the overwhelming success of Seedlings Hoi An in Central Vietnam, Seedlings Phuket is the second outlet to serve as a unique platform to provide training and job opportunities for marginalized local youth. It is Laguna Phuket's latest Corporate Social Responsibility initiative and highlights the Banyan Tree Group's first social enterprise restaurant in Thailand. Close to the heart of our Seedlings, authentic Phuket specialties are highlight of our menu Open daily from 11:00 - 22:00 Daily Happy hours from 17:00 - 19:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort Thailand