We booked through an online agent at a great price - US$120/night for a two-bedroom apartment including breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights.
Before we moved to LHC, we were staying at the Marriott Mai Khao Beach. The rooms and facilities of LHC were a big let down after Marriott. LHC calls itself a 5-star facility, but I think it is barely touching 4-star for a relatively new Thai resort.
To note a few points:
1. Staff at front desk had no smiles throughout our stay!
2. We requested to have a quiet room and were placed on the farside. Perhaps that room had not been in use for a long time. We found cobwebs in the balcony and even the bathrooms. The cups in the cabinet were placed faced down, apparently haven't been in use for a long time because the paint from the woodshelf stuck to the cup edge. The pipe to the kitchenette sink was broken and leaking smelly water. We requested to move to another room. The condition was better, but there were still cobwebs and dead insects in the balcony.
3. Other than the vibrant colors on the wall and the fabric on the sofa, the apartment was decorated in the 1980s style. You can tell the design and material are really cheap materials to save on cost. Can you imagine a 5-star facility constructed just 2 or 3 years ago by a publicly listed company still use keys instead of cards? They use almost the cheapest lock - I know it because I decorated my own apartment and really shopped and compared. Bathrooms are small, just barely enough to fit in a bathtub(with curtain to double as shower), a toilet and a sink. Even lights are used sparingly so the apartment is very dark at night. They still use the big old TVs, no plasma or flat screen. Mattresses are sinking a bit. FYI, there is no washing machine.
4. Breakfast choices are adequate. Since we booked through an agent, it is included. I learned however, that if you are a timeshare member, it is not included. For 400 baht, it is not worth the price (or 20% discount for timeshare member). Keep in mind that the restaurant operates as an open one - no air-con. It can get a bit sweaty at times. Worst though - are the flies. We found ourselves constantly fanning our food.
5. Pool is small. Since we were there during low season, we usually found that there were just us, and may be a few others. So it was OK. But I can't imagine this place during peak season. The slide was a bit much even for a 3 yo imho.
6. Kids room was OK. Just a few toys, drawing, etc. Since my kids are small (20-month and 3 yo at the time), they found it adequate. We didn't have time to join their activities, but the prices are reasonable. There is not much of a playground outside the playroom. Just 2 big pieces of plastic slide/swing.
7. There are some good points. Value for money for sure. We had 4 adults and 2 kids. So for US$120/night including breakfast, it was a great deal - enough to make me come back again.
8. Environment is good. We face the golf course and the "lagoon"(?). Peaceful and great view. Low season also meant a lot of peace and quietness. Everything was easier to book.
9. As part of the Laguna complex, LHC gave us easy access to other hotels. So we went around with our kids. One of the favorite activities of my kids was going to the Sheraton every morning to play with the elephants. We also let the kids played at bit at the Sheraton pool (has sand pit right next to the pool). We also found that Dusit has a wonderful playground - only we didn't have time to let the kids play there this time. My daughter got some bread from breakfast and fed the fish and bird at the lagoon at LHC.
10. We found a WONDERFUL restaurant just outside Laguna called Capri. It is a Italian/Thai place. They really use a woodfire oven to bake the pizza. Their Thai food is also great. We ate there 2 nights in a row and would have eaten there for lunch except they only opened after 3 pm. It is less than a 10-minute walk from the Laguna entrance. Ask the Laguna shuttle driver to drop you off at the entrance and walk a bit. You can call a taxi to drop you at the hotel at 100 baht.
Would I recommend this hotel? If you have a family with kids, want to cap on your expenses, have a good environment for the kids to wander around without going out of the hotel too much - this is the place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your LHC Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lhc Phuket Hotel Thalang
- LHC Phuket Resort Thailand