“Wonderful”

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went on the sailing boat to Phang Nga bay. Captain Mark was awesome, we ate well and were taken to some amazing places. It is worthwhile just to see the pirate cave, and lunch on a tropical island beach is hard to beat. There were only 10 passengers, so we got really well looked after. This is not a race around and see lots of stuff tour, rather it is a relaxing day under sail where you are able to just relax and enjoy the beauty of the islands. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Stuart, and thank you for the review. It is nice that you appreciate what he sail tour is all about; a small group having a quiet day, picnic lunch on a secluded beach and a bit of exploring. The sail boat is out of action at present, but I hope to be under sail again in a few weeks.

I hope we see you aboard again one day.

Mark and the crew.

• Turkish first
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable day out”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very pleased with our decision to book with Phuket Sail Tours rather than with any of the companies advertised at the hundreds of Travel Agents on Phuket.

We did the Phi Phi Islands speed boat tour and spent the day very comfortably on a well stocked and clean boat. All of the other tours we saw (there were many, this is peak season after all) were absolutely jam-packed with 50-60 people with standing room only. How people put up with that I'll never know. We certainly wouldnt have boarded. In comparison there were only 18 on our boat - so well done to the company for not over-booking and taking the money like the others surely are.

Our guides were excellent and very friendly - constantly offering us food and refreshments, as well as a few laughs too. Lunch at Phi Phi was delicious and the snorkeling was great fun. Make sure you take a banana into the sea with you - the results are brilliant!

The only real downside is that most of the locations on the itinerary are very crowded. Lots of portly Russian tourists posing in their tighter-than-tight speedos. (It's 2014, Speedos have been a big no-no for years!) However there isn't really anything that anyone can do about this, as the locations are stunning, and therefore popular. All I can say is that Phuket Sail Tours made it a thoroughly enjoyable day out, so I would recommend them highly.

Visited December 2013
captainm, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Skank, nice to hear from you. Thank you for the kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your day with us.

Thank you for appreciating the effort that we make, and for noticing that we do keep the number of guests on the boat to around 18 people, maximum of 20. 18 is about perfect for us.
Late December is a very busy time, we try hard to avoid the crowds, and in fact we still avoid the worst of them. Sometimes however we just can’t find as quiet a spot as we would like, but we always do our best.

Your right about the speedos. But we are not allowed to shoot at them. I know, I went to the police station to check.

Thank you for your high recommendation. I hope we see you aboard again one day, maybe on our Phang Nga Bay trip.

Orange County, CA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Time Well Spent”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were on a girls trip and thought it would be fun to spend a day out with PST. We went out without captain Mark but the guides were great. Because we were traveling in the summer we had to be flexible due to weather conditions. So after changing our date and tour a few times (not that big of a deal) we were excited to get things started.
Pickup was easy but travel on the island does take awhile. We were staying in Karon so it was quite a trip.
There were 15 on the boat and we had plenty of space. Snacks were very good and the meal ashore was outstanding.
It rained off and inmost of the time but the trip was pleasant overall.

Visited July 2013
Hello Miss Busy. Thank you for the review. I am glad that despite a bit of rain you still enjoyed the trip. Thank you for letting us know.

Thank you also for being flexible while we moved things around to find the best day for your tour. I am glad a little rain did not spoil it for you.

Yes the food on Kho Panyi is outstanding, the staff at the restaurant really look after us.

Keep busy, and maybe we will see you aboard again one day.

Happy sailing,
Bucharest, Romania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“We had a blast”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We took Phuket Sail Tours's Phang Nga Bay by speedboat on the 3rd of December and we can honestly say that it was one of the most wonderful and informative days of our entire stay in Thailand.
We were picked up right from the hotel at the indicated hour and arrived at the pier where captain Mark explained what we were going to see on that day. Captain Mark didn't travel with us which was a pity since we've heard that he has a great sense of humor, but we really enjoyed the company of our tour guide. There were 16 of us on the boat, which didn't felt crowded as many we've seen during that day. We had plenty to eat and drink. Beer is the only item on board that you need to pay for but it is pretty cheap (50 Baht).
The start of our trip was quite bumpy and we felt sick at the beginning which is why you should stay at the end of the boat and take some motion sickness pills if you know you have this kind of problems.
We felt like the trip was very well organized with a little bit to see of everything. We stopped at a wonderful beach for snorkeling, we enjoyed playing with some local cats there. Second stop was the Bodhi tree- this stop was not actually my favourite, since I felt that apart from the short walk through the lush vegetation to the tree and the tree itself (which is huge) there wasn't really much to see.
We then passed by much advertised Ko Tapu where we didn't go ashore, we only stopped for some photos, but due to boat's swaying I couldn't get a shot which is my only regret from that day. Afterwards, we stopped near the cave paintings where our guide has and at the beautiful Ko Panyi where we wandered around the village and had lunch. The food was absolutely delicious- the Tom Kha Gai and the shrimp in particular were to die for.
We very much enjoyed the paddling although we felt like some of the boys were way to young to be doing this- they should have been in school rather than paddling for wealthy tourists. Apart form that we really enjoyed this stop - the landscape seen from the canoe was absolutely breathtaking.
Last stop was the Mangrove Hong where after a walk through a cave we got to see mangrove trees and walking fish. No monkeys however.
I would really like to thank the wonderful staff on board that day (although I am very ashamed to say that I cannot remember the name of our guide, only that it translated as "brother of the king") as they really did everything in their power for us to have a memorable day. Hat's off to Cpt Mark for having such a great team and organizing this trip in the excellent way that he did.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ioana A
Hello Iona, lovely to hear from you again. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your day on the Phang Nga Bay tour.

It seems you really got the most out of the day, although I am sorry you didn’t get the photo you wanted. Maybe you will come back and try again?

About the paddle man. I understand that the youngest is 14, although I admit he looks younger. The rest are much older. 14 years is the legal age for leaving school as far as I know. He only commenced paddling with us a few months ago. We don’t employ the paddle men directly, a local guy organises them and brings them out in his boat to meet us.

I think Supe was your guide, but I am not sure of the translation.

The food, the canoeing, the landscape are definitely highlights of this trip.

I am glad that you had a memorable day. I hope we see more of you, and more Romanians.

perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and 2 children (6 & 8 years) did the Phang Nga bay trip on the 17th December. It was incredible! Great value for money and the staff were very knowledgable and fantastic with the children. A highlight of our holiday to Phuket!

Hello Penny. Thank you for the nice review. I am pleased your day with us was a highlight of your holiday in Phuket.

It is a pleasure to have kids along on the tours. I hope we see your family here again one day.