“Great Tour”

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a little trouble booking the tour because our emails weren't going through, but once it was booked it was great. They picked us up right on time. The lunch provided was great and they provided tons of snacks such as chicken satay, donuts, and fresh fruit. The staff was incredibly courteous and professional.

• Finnish first
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A Pleasant Trip”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

After a pretty rough diving trip earlier in the week the calm waters of Phang Nha Bay were a pleasant relief. I chose to participate in a Speedboat trip operated by Phuket Sail Tours as they seemed to be highly regarded amongst Trip Advisor reviewers. I was not diappointed - the trip itself was very professionally run, the guide was not only knowledgable but also was friendly and had a great sense of humour. The trip itself was great with a number of stops for us to enjoy the various islands, lagoons and other sights as well as the amazing lunch at the picturesque Koh Pan Yee village.

PST do not include a landing stop at James Bond Island as the island has become overrun with vendors preying on tourists, but we spent time offshore so that we could all take photos.

The canoeing and the walk into the lagoon to see the mudskippers were both good.

The only negatives I can think of are:
1) The trip included a briefing which explained where everything was on the boat .....except life jackets and flares.
2) The snorkelling stop at Paradise beach was disappointing in both the quality of the reef for snorkelling (although for people with limited snorkelling experiece it is probably fine), and the number of people on the beach (however this may have just been on this trip as there was a cliff diving competition being set up while i was there)
3) Supervsion of the group during the snorkelling was non existant. If one of the guests had experienced difficulties there was no way the PST crew would have been aware until too late.

2 Thank Diver71au
Adelaide, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Excellent day trips”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Am so glad we went with Capt Mark. Both he and his team provided us with 2 exceptional day trips - to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay.
His staff were professional, knowledgable, courteous, and most of all FUN. They truly went out of theri way to make sure everyone was well looked after, even thsoe with sea sickness, and everyone had a good time.
They limit numbers so you get very attentive service. They rearranged itinerary to make sure you are in spots either before or after the main toursit companies arrive/leave so spots were tranquil and able to be enjoyed sans mass crowds. This is super important for Phi Phi tour. We always got in 1st then left as all teh others started arriving.

Heaps of food and drinks on board and at lunch - you wont go hungry. Nothing felt rushed or stressed and was exactly why you shoudl go with thsi company. Bonus os staff taking photos when jumping in lagoons and at the Hongs- got some awesome pictures!

Highly recommend - avoid other operators - go with the best!

Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Another great trip with Phuket sail tours”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I did both the Phang Nga bay and Phi Phi trips with PST last year. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to go with them again on our trip to Phuket this year.
We originally booked only the Phi Phi tour this year, for my husband and I and our two teenage children. Unfortunately, my son and I fell sick and so were unable to go on the tour. My husband and daughter still went and they had a great time. They really enjoyed the snorkeling, feeding the monkeys and of course, the delicious food served on the boat, and at the lunch restaurant
Captain Mark was aboard for their trip, and my husband said he was such a great guy, and a real character! After hearing about my son and I being sick, captain Mark said to email him that night, and he would see what he could do about getting us onto a tour in a couple of days time.
My son was ecstatic to hear that we would be able to go on the Phang Nga bay trip. Captain Mark, you made his day, and we can't thank you enough!!!
Needless to say, we had a fantastic time. Highlights of the day were canoeing through the caves and snorkeling. We also enjoyed walking through the cave to the hidden mangroves and a visit to the village on stilts. The food was, once again, absolutely delicious.
Mark wasn't onboard for our trip, but the staff that took us out that day were fantastic. Our guide (I think his name was suk or sup??? sorry) was very knowledgable about the bay and made us laugh often with funny stories.
Another aspect I enjoyed, this year and last, was meeting the other people on board. With only a small group of people on each tour, we all became friends very quickly, which was great.
I cannot recommend PST highly enough. Thank you again captain Mark for two wonderful tours.
Shane, Jodi , Jordan and Kane.

Tri-Cities, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Perfect day at Phang Nga bay”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

So glad we read the reviews of Phuket Sail Tours before we left and were able to book a day with them. We did the speed boat tour of Phang Nga Bay. The night before, I got an email, and I was so worried that they were cancelling because of weather, but it turned out just to be a time change due to Ramadan and the crews schedule. So we got to sleep in, which was nice, and still had a full day out on the bay!!
The only thing I was surprised at, was how far the drive was from Phuket to the pier--but it was worth it!!
We had great weather, enjoyed all our stops, never crowded--ok maybe the kayaking through the Hong Island was a bit crowded...but we had a great guide that was fun and took us to areas for photos that didn't include all the people around us!! Yes, we did tip him afterwards, but only what Captain Mark told us was appropriate!! lol
We loved our private beach that we got to snorkel and swim in. Water was so clear, that the fish even showed up on our photos!!
The lunch at Kho Panyi Fishing Village was perfect and I was so glad that Capt Mark had sent us the youtube video before our tour so we could have some background of this unique village.
We were pleasantly surprised by the cave and mangrove lagoon, Phanak Island, I think it was called-- it was so interesting!
It was fun to have Capt Mark on the tour with us-- he made it a point to interact with all on board. He made us take funny photos of us hanging upside down from the mangrove trees, kind of!!

When we later saw the hugh tour boats with their 40-45 people getting off and on --we were so GLAD that we had gone with Phuket Sail Tours!! Definitely worth the money!!
The day was perfect, the weather, the views, the food and the company!