“Great Day!”

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were a couple visiting Phuket for the first time. I found PST here on TA and chose them due to the great reviews - as was not disappointed! We had scheduled two day trips, sadly the one to Phi Phi Islands had to be cancelled due to bad weather. But this gave me confidence in Captain Mark's judgement & attention to safety - particularly when we spoke with others at our Resort who had been out with a different tour group and had a bad day - not to mention they did not have enough life jackets for everyone on board!! The weather picked up, so we were able to do our day to Phang Nga Bay. Loved it!! The speedboat was great - nice and new - and quiet! (some of the others we passed were really loud and stinky) We were fortunate enough to have Mark as well as a local tour guide along with us, and they well and truly looked after us and kept us laughing. I loved that we left early - it was worth it to beat the crowds. Had great fun with the kayaks and the paddlers. We had a great meal at Kho Panyi (village on stilts) and really enjoyed looking around the village. Make sure you watch the video about the village before you go! James Bond Island was a great photo op, but glad we did not have to endure the tourism traps there by getting off, which gave us more time for snorkeling and swimming. There was plenty to eat and drink - the fresh fruit was lovely.
All in all a great day!!
TIP: If you take along a bottle of wine - don't forget to takes some wine glasses! (unbreakable)

Happily were able to reschedule our day to Phi Phi Islands with PST sister Nudi Tours later in the week.

Visited June 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the only tour we booked from Oz before heading to Phuket (thanks to TA recommendations!) and so glad we did. After doing a local tour earlier in the week, which was fun, but followed the crowds in an overcrowded boat to a sea of deck chairs on a small island, we were a bit nervous that this more expensive tour would be the same... Couldn't have been more different! We did the Phang Nga speed boat tour and it was fantastic, giving us a taste of the beautiful country Thailand is - snorkelling, fish feeding, cave walking, kayaking, swimming, mangrove lagoons, amazing Hongs and so so much more. All without crowds!

Captain Mark and Jack were fantastic, the boat was not crowded (20guests which I believe is their maximum - our earlier tour had way more than 30 on same size boat!), the food and drinks were continuous and good (and included) and the crew couldn't do enough for us. Thanks PST!

And...special thanks to Mark for his assistance in catering to our daughter who has allergies, even leaving his own lunch to go and find out the ingredients in the lunch for her!

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

1 Thank KWhy1
Canberra, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were a group of 15 (8 adults, 7 kids) and this was the highlight of our recent stay in Phuket. We had a local guide Jack and Mark came along as well - the commentary of both was great. Yes it was a long day but we saw so much and without the crowds of other tour companies.

We were very well looked after on board by the crew and Mark was happy to act as photographer at times.

Loved the village on stilts - an amazing place. The lunch was great and plenty of it. The sellers were not aggressive like in Patong. We had a ball with the kayaks and fun with the paddlers!

Liked seeing James Bond Island and loved not being put on the island.

That part of Thailand is spectacular and we had a brilliant day out.

Adelaide, Australia
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Mostly good but overrated”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a mostly good day, but I feel it doesn't quite deserve the level of praise it gets on here.

I did the Phang Nga by speedboat

The good
-The guide was fantastic. We didn't get Mark, but I feel I preferred to have a native Thai. I really felt the crew exceeded my expectations
-It is good value. For 3500 baht with transfers, food, a full day it is hard to beat.
-Lunch was good. Better than I expected again.
-Fruit on board was delicious
-Although there was no coral reefs and visibility was bad. The snorkeling was pretty fun. There were hundreds of fish of a couple different species
-Canoeing was great. Our paddle guy was outstanding.

The bad
-Went to far too many places and rushed the best ones. There is really no need to cruise past James Bond island just to explain to us why it sucks there and not go ashore. Just skip it.
-A lot of these places seem like a long boat ride between each other and are very anti climatic.
-The village on stilts is just a human zoo lined with tourist stores selling the same "I love Phuket" tshirts that you see everywhere else in Phuket.

1 Thank Jason-ASDF
Brisbane, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Ok Phang Nga Bay tour”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 8 recently did the speedboat tour of Phang Nga Bay. We had great weather and calm waters. Overall we did enjoy the day out but I think I was a little disappointed with what you get for the rather high cost. I say this because 2 years ago we did a very similar tour to the same areas with a company that we booked of the street for $30 each. I do admit that there were 10 less people on board which made it very comfortable and yes no where was over crowded by other tour companies but for the cost we had more fun on the lesser cost tour. Plus I also think that the beach at the end for relaxing and snorkeling was much more attractive than the one Phuket Sail Tours took us to. Maybe we were just lucky last time with the cheaper tour compared to other stories you hear.
While we all still enjoyed the day I don't consider it to be worth the $600 I paid for my family, as I think you can pick up a good tour for less from the street booking booths which leaves a lot of money still to enjoy other activities. This is my opinion only and I am sure others will disagree.

Visited June 2013