“Best Tour in Phuket”

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #2 of 34 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Tour in Phuket”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We did the Phang Nga Bay (by speedboat) tour with Captain Mark on the 2nd July. There were three generations in our group - grandparents, us and our kids. We all thoroughly enjoyed the day. I booked online prior to arriving in Phuket after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor - we weren't disappointed. We had to pay a deposit, which was fully refundable if the trip was cancelled due to bad weather. The remainder was paid in cash on the day. When we arrived in Phuket we just had to call or email to confirm our pick up time. This was handled very professionally and we were collected right on time. You can get cheaper tours if you wait until you arrive in Phuket. However, you won't get the same level of service, safety, small group size and an Australian tour guide. Having Captain Mark on board was great and he also had another guide who spoke excellent English as well (the best that I heard from any Thai person while we were in Phuket). Sorry, I can't remember his name. From the time we were picked up from our hotel until the time we got back we were well looked after. We were provided with snacks and drinks all day, including fruit. For lunch we were looked after at the Muslim Village on stilts - the best Thai meal we had while over there (this was included in the tour cost). We all enjoyed swimming in the lagoon and the sea kayaks. My kids loved the snorkelling as well. The views were spectacular and I would highly recommend Phuket Sail Tours above any other tour group in Phuket.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Phang Na Bay By Speedboat”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just arrived back from Phuket and on the 6th July did the speedboat tour.It was a fantastic day.Sop (sorry if spelt wrong) was a fantastic guide.Also we had a lady tour guide(sorry forgot her name) .It was her first day on the job. They were both such lovely people. On our previous trip we went to Phi Phi Island with another tour operator.It was awful.Boat was overcrowded. Very rough.So many other things. My youngest daughter said she would never go in a boat again. She was terrified.
Therefore i was determined to show her a different experience. On the way to the pier she kept saying im not going in a boat,im not going in a canoe etc.Well not only did she go in a canoe .The canoe man got her in it on own and she rowed herself around the caves. She was beaming .
The day went so quick. We did so much and Sop was so informative. He has a funny sense of humour.The fishing village was a fantastic experience for the kids. I highly recommend this tour for families. We had 9 in our group and all agreed this was the highlight of our holiday.
Joky emailed when tour first time was cancelled due to weather and rebooked us in few days later.. We booked when arrived in Phuket so didn't get Captain Mark as guide however we were so glad were able to go.
This tour probably cost double than the previous tour company we used .However it was 100 times better. We ate lovely food, plenty of refreshments and snacks.Price included food,pick ups ,snorkles.Last time these were all extras. I highly recommend this tour company.Thanks for a great day.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We did the Phang Na Bay Tour on 29 June with Captain Mark. It was absolutely incredible, and the highlight of our holiday in Thailand! The service from Phuket Sailtours was excellent, I booked online before we went to Phuket, and the company kept us up to date by email at every stage, right up to a final confirmation email the night before our trip.Their taxi turned up on time the next day, and took us to the pier where we met Captain Mark and his crew - lots of soft drinks ready for us at the pier office, then a plentiful supply of drinks and snacks on board too. The trip itself was amazing, I have never seen scenery like it, and mere word cannot describe it. I am scared of the sea (!), unlike my husband and son who came with me, so was worrying a lot about how it would be. I am relived to say that I felt incredibly safe at all times, and am almost a convert to boat travel now! The kayaking around the sea caves was fantastic, and I must give a very special mention to the speedboat driver (sorry, I cannot remember your name) - I was so worried about how I would be able to get back up out of the kayak, as I am not the most agile lady, but when it came to that point, he just leant over and effortlessly pulled me up into a standing position and onto the boat. He was only half my size, but I swear he must be the strongest man in the world!!
I cannot type fast enough, or write eloquently enough to say more, but every good thing you read in earlier reviews is true, and this was the best trip ever! The floating village, the ancient tree, everything all brilliant and a wonderful day out!
I would add that several others on the trip had done similar trips in previous years with other Phuket tour companies, and had a very different experience (overcrowded boats etc), so it was well worth choosing Captain Mark's company by researching on TripAdvisor first..

Visited June 2013
Forbes, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friends and I had a fantastic time on the Phang Na bay tour, breathtaking scenery and lots of fun. We really enjoyed the canoe rides through the lagoon and swimming in the very pretty spots along the way. The boat was clean and modern and I enjoyed trying the tropical fruits that were handed out. Captain Mark was really good and we enjoyed his banter throughout the day. Lunch at the village on stilts was very nice. The Thai guides were polite and friendly. The following day I went to Phi Phi Island and had the best time snorkelling all day in several different gorgeous places. Captain Sean was excellent as a guide and lunch again was great. A definate highlight of my holiday and I would recommend this company to everyone.

Visited June 2013
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun day on Phang Na bay tour”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We did the speed boat tour with Captain Mark and Soop ( we may have the spelling wrong, sorry), we had a great day, walking the cave to a mangrove lagoon, an amazing canoe ride, a quick visit to the James Bond island.
We had a fantastic lunch at the floating village (village on stumps), the food was plentiful and amazing, which also included a tour around the village. Due to the poor weather we were not able to see the old tree, but it was reassuring that both the crew of the speedboat and Captain Mark put safety above anything else. We did manage to get in a swim and snorkel in at a secluded beach, feeding bananas to the fish.
The crew were always helpful, there was heaps of drinks, fruit and fun times aboard the boat, it was also good to see that the crew were able to relax and clown around with the passengers and Captain Mark which made the day more enjoyable. We also liked the personal service that Captain Mark gave us and the personal farewell as we were about to leave.
The pick up and drop off to our hotel was on time and efficient.

Thanks again for a great day.

1 Thank Wayne H