“Speed Boat Phang Nga Bay”
Review of Phuket Sail Tours

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #4 of 43 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a fantastic day! Booking online was so easy, really professional. The day ticked along at a great pace from beginning to end. Some amazing places to see and experience. I can't say enough about Mark and his crew. They were so much fun. Mark has great knowledge along with his staff. All fun and funny guys. We had young teens with us and their highlight was diving off the boat with the staff or shall i say they loved pushing the staff off the boat! As far as cost is concerned, we are talking a very very small amount of money compared to what you get which is personal service, great facilities, all the drinks and snacks you want onboard, a beautiful lunch, prime locations to stop by and overall fun which is something money can't buy really. Thanks Mark and crew, we hope to be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,208)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"private charter"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had an absolute ball on this trip to the Phi Phi islands. I love snorkelling but don't do it as often as I would like to.
Sean and his crew were awesome. Looked after us very well. Sean was very friendly and chatted to everyone on the boat. I think we had about 17-18 people on this trip. I think one family and numerous couples. From all over the world too.
The scenery on the islands was awesome. It was a little cloudy heading out but all cleared up by the time we got to the islands.
We discovered a school of friendly fish on Mosquito island, that hung around us in the netted off swimming area.
Our first snorkelling spot was off the charts. There was a great variance in the reef and underwater cliffs. Many different fish and sea life to see. The visibility was very good. I dived under to the bottom to get close up pictures numerous times.
The second spot was not quite as good as the first but still amazing! The only reason it wasn't as good in my opinion is that it wasn't protected and there was a bit of chop on the surface, which made it a little tricky to take clear pictures.
In this spot we had the chance to see sharks if we so chose. Only small ones though and they were non aggressive reef sharks. My sister did not want to, so we stayed near the boat. Little did she know though, I saw two near us later on. Only about 50-60cms in length, nothing to worry about, I saw other fish bigger than that anyway.
The food provided, snacks and lunch, was awesome. Good variety of food for the lunch as well.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Did the Phi Phi trip and man was it great. Let me first say, I was a little taken aback by all the excellent reviews of this company...it seemed too good to be true. But I took a chance, and it paid off wonderfully.

Let me say that you will get some great photos on this tour, and they will even tell you what to do and where to get the best photographs. Sean was our tour guide, and I really grew to like him as the trip went on. He came out front and chatted with us for the whole trip back, hearing his stories of Thailand and Australia (where he's from) were fascinating and gave the trip a more personal touch than some of the other similar tours I took on my vacation there.

Sean also wrangled me and another guy (whom I became friends with) to swim out to an area to snorkel with sharks. Now let me tell you, I 'm from a farm in Texas...I don't swim with sharks in my everyday life. I was nervous, but I felt confident that Sean wouldn't lead me into a chow fest with me being the main course. It ended up being one of the best things that happened on my whole trip, unplanned, a bit dangerous and a whole lot of fun.

Have fun feeding the fish, going to monkey beach, visiting "The Beach", and maybe even getting to see a shark if you so desire. It was a blast.

2  Thank Crzylikefox
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I did the Koh Phanak Sail Caves & Hongs Tour with Captain Mark and the crew on the Sakai back in March. What a fabulous day! There were only 8 of us on board apart from the crew and it was lovely to be able to spread out around the boat. We explored some beautiful caves and hongs, had an amazing lunch on a little beach, swam in Phang Nga bay and got to put the sails up on the way back. My Mum who is 78 was with us, and even though she found it a bit difficult getting into and out of the dinghy, she thoroughly enjoyed her day. Captain Mark went out of his way to make sure she was included, even taking her hand and leading her through one of the caves so that she could see the 'secret' hong on the other side and the walking fish. It was a perfect day out and I can highly recommend it. Oh and Captain Mark... 'Brat' says hi!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked these tours a couple of months before our trip based on reviews and forums on TA. Was worth the extra money to experience two well organised trips. We did the Phi Phi Island and Phang Nga Bay Tours both by speedboat. Both tours were quite different but each had there own special touches to make them memorable.
We did the Phi Phi Island trip with Sean and crew which involved a lot of swimming and snorkelling, lunch was at a small local restaurant at a quiet part of the island.
Phang Nga Bay was with Mark and crew and a day of amazing scenery, canoeing and swimming. Lunch was at the village on stilts, it was a great way to see how these locals live on the water.
Each day we had 20 people plus crew on the boat and there was plenty of room, there was refreshments and food available all day. Both days are governed by the tides but everything is scheduled around avoiding the crowds - and there are huge crowds at some stops eg Maya Bay (where the Beach was filmed) was quite crowded when we arrived but by the time we had gone for a little walk around the island there was only about three or four other boats left which was much more pleasant.
All in all a fantastic day which ever trip you choose - you won't be disappointed!