Benyada Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MANATHAI Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)
Twinpalms Phuket(Thalang District)
Great 4.5/5
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Surintra(Choeng Thale)
  • Pool
AM Surin Place(Choeng Thale)
Great 4.5/5
Pen Villa Hotel(Choeng Thale)
Excellent 5/5
Surin Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)
Very Good 4/5
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsjunior suiterooftop poolstar hotelbeachbalconyphuketminimartbaht
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

To be clear this review is for restaurant only. Staying in nearby hotel and decided to try here before checking on trip advisor. Huge error,! Awful bland food, not sure what the satay was but didn't taste anything like I have every experienced before. Almost cancelled our mains after the entree however didn't want to offend the staff. Wish we had as mains were even worse, laab moo had a strange taste, almost like vinegar. Probably one of the worst meals I've had in many years. Can't blame the floor staff, they can only serve wants plated out to them. I'm shuddering as I write this as dinner was a few nights ago so the bad memories are flooding back. Did not highlight this on the night as their English was very limited and I don't speak Thai. Perhaps in hindsight I should have asked to speak to a manager but just wanted to escape as fast as I could. Still tipped the staff as its not their fault.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We spent a night, as we didn' have room in Twin Palms for the first night, and it was One of the worst expereinces that I had in a hotel. The air condicioned machine didn't work correctly, making a terrible noise and not cooling enough. They told us that they could do nothing to repair it and no other room was available for us. The worst thing, apart from the liters of sweat in our bed, was the terrible noise of that device. If we switched it off, we felt like we could not breath, but if we kept it on, we felt like if we were trying to sleep near an ignited train machine in a Saharian Station. Really awful experience. We had a couple of cold showers during that night because the small roof top pool was emptied due to maintenance works. Really awful. I would not give then a second oportunity even if they transformed it into Peninsula hotel at he same price.

Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Tme250
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Before Booking the hotel I checked the website, however upon arrival I was dissapointed. The rooms were decent in size however the quality of the room was poor, lighting and especially the bathroom was unsettling!
The hotel website specified a pool which of course was not the case.
Breakfast was Inlcuded however the food was not that great, and every single day either the staff forgot something (like cutlery, my tea etc) or they would bring me the wrong order and I was not able to send it back.
However the plus side - 5 minutes walk to the beach.
All in all
Location - ideal for beach of you are ok with staying at surin all day
Food- not much choice and quite expensive for what they offer
Service - staff were friendly however not really capable..not sure if it's due to lack of English understanding however quite frustrating during the long run
Ammenities- false advertising with the pool which is disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NickyRoo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good hotel in the bay, 2 mins walk to the beach, next to Surin Bay Hotel - great Banana Pancakes for breakfast there, staff helpful, taxi's across the road

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Asia and expect hard beds but these are like mortuary slabs! The first night I had to check there was a mattress and not a sheet on the bed frame it was so hard. After 3 nights we were sore. I slept on top of the spare duvet from the cupboard to try to make it less hard.

Also we were there out of season and it was very quiet. The roof bar and pool were shut and one night we were definitely the only people in the whole hotel. As the sea is so rough in June and July - great for surfing but not swimming - the pool was more vital than in season when the sea is calm and you can swim in it. Shame

Also the battery in the safe died meaning we couldn't use it. Also comedy window with louvered doors from bathroom into the bedroom - very sociable!

Food was also fairly expensive - much cheaper and busier to eat at the beach restaurants. Recommend the Sea Breeze - excellent Thai food (and Burgers for the Expats it seemed)

Room Tip: rooms on the front have sea views - but you have to ask and pay a supplement
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is ok for what you pay for but don’t expect luxury. It is 5mins walk from Surin Beach – which is nice and wide beach with big waves and lots of beach beds (which you have to pay 100baht a day for) and close to some nice local reasonably priced places to eat.
Our room was on 3rd floor facing away from the road so it was nice and quiet. Too bad that the pool that was in our view didn’t belong to Benyada. Our room was spacious, with huge but firm bed. Our bathroom was a bit shabby looking – the walls in the shower area were sort of dirty and mouldy. Other than that there is not much to say about the rooms. They are fine standard but nothing special.
There is no swimming pool – don’t be fooled by their website! There is a roof top bar but apparently that opens only during Christmas time. What they call ‘pool’ is a very shallow and small area that looks more like a foot bath. In April when we stayed the roof was completely abandoned and there was no water in the ‘pool’.
Breakfast was included in the rate but it was very poor and tiny. There is a choice of American, Continental and Thai breakfast. With the American you get a choice of two slices of dark or white bread or two tiny croissants. Two eggs made as you wish and either two tiny slices of bacon, two tiniest sausages from a can, or couple of slices of ham. They serve this on a huge plate so you feel like you are not getting much. The orange juice is some kind of powder drink. Don’t bother having dinner there! We did our first night and it was terrible. Everything is overpriced, the portions are tiny and the food is not tasty. There are other hotels and restaurants around that you can eat at. Few places are right on the beach so it is nice to have a sunset dinner there. There are even few local good value places to try some authentic thai food close by.
Surin is nice but you may get bored after few days. You can rent jet ski and some water equipment but other than that there is not much going on. The evenings are very quiet. We booked a day trip to the ‘James Bond Island’ but it wasn’t that great. We were stuck in a car or a boat for the most of the day and only stopped at few nice places for 10-30mins.
On our last day, we got scared by a tsunami warning. We were to fly home that night so we had already checked out of the hotel but left our luggage there. The hotel staff didn’t give us any instructions about what we needed to do or whether we needed to evacuate. They just said that the hotel was safe. So we ended up waiting on the roof! Fortunately the tsunami didn’t happen but I don’t even want to imagine what would happen if it did!
I don’t think that I would rush to stay at this hotel again but then my opinion may not be fair as we stayed in a beautiful bamboo huts on Phi Phi Island first and after that, Phuket was a bit of a disappointment.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor (no lift though!) away from the road if you want some piece and quiet. There is no sea view on either side anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple