“Triple 100% Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Thalang District
Brisbane
“Triple 100% Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

The most amazing resort ever. So much better than it looks in the photos on the web. Have been to four seasons, amans etc but this beats them all hands down.

Villa was superb - huge (and I do mean huge) plunge pool, spacious room and outdoor shower, plasma, ipod, bose lifestyle system, bath for two, outdoor shower etc etc etc. Lots of dark wood and limestone inside and teak and more limestone outside. Only a gulf buggy ride from all the amenities. Oh - and the views - just amazing. Be choosy about a villa though - some are more private than others if you wish to go naked and worry about prying eyes. Ours was very private indeed ;-)

Facilities in general of a very high standard indeed including good gym (not if you work for WWE but OK for a slob like me), great spa with views of the ocean, grounds all very well kept and looked after - really showing well afer a couple of years since it was built - lots of lotus ponds which we love. Main pool is sensational - took us three days to get to it as pool in our room was so big but it is a real delight - 40m long and 2.2m deep.

Eating and drinking - best thai food ever. Bar none. Don't even bother with the western menu (although it looked fab as well). Fresh ingredients treated so well - you can really see the work paying off from having Neil Perry (Oz's greatest chef) as a consultant. Fantastic bar and lounge area for having a few cocktails or relaxing with a book/ scrabble.

Staff and service - could not find fault. Excellent.

Unsurpassable. Go.

If you want confirmation - read Grant Thatcher's review in the latest Phuket Luxe Guide. He is spot on.

• Liked — all of it
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Room4Barry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Philadadelphia PA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2007

Trisara was my last stop on a jaunt through Southeast Asia that included the Peninsula in Hong Kong, Raffles in Singapore, the Eastern Oriental Express between Singapore and Bangkok, the Oriental in Bangkok and the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai. Trisara was the perfect ending to a perfect vacation. I was there for six days and wish I could have stayed a month.

With the exception of the restaurant, everything at Trisara was impeccable - the villa, the staff, the service. Everything! I had a partial ocean view villa. I'm glad I didn't reserve ocean view. I had a magnificent ocean view for a few hundred dollars less than the row of ocean view villas maybe 30 yards closer to the ocean. Plenty of privacy with the exception of one little gap in the foliage that management should have caught. The villa is the nicest I've encountered and the pool, spaciously delightful.

The restaurant batted about 750. Misses were some of the non-Thai dishes and many of the breakfasts. The kitchen needs training. The Thai dishes were excellent.

The staff - they could not have better anticipated my needs. Warm, friendly, professional. I place a high value on service and Trisara exceeded my expectations.

Trisara was my vacation from my vacation - a time to kick back and not do the touristy things I had done elsewhere. Rather, just read, swim, relax and occasionally head to the restaurant. Trisara was the perfect choice.

• Liked — Villas - design and pool
  • Disliked — Inconsistancy of the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
9 Thank HollyMoore
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

Unfortunately, we agree 100% with the other poor reviews on here regarding Trisara's service. We are also aware that there are many good reviews, and that is why we chose here, hoping we'd get lucky. But we didn't.

From the moment we arrived at Trisara, there was a problem
and it only got worse as our stay went on. Sadly, I cannot say I would recommend Trisara to friends and family, nor would I consider staying here again unless the service improves dramatically.

There were SO many things that we were not happy with, and here's several that we felt were simply not acceptable for a resort charging over $1000 USD per night.

* Room service. We ordered twice. Both times the food arrived after one hour and was absolutely 100% stone cold. My husband couldn't touch the soggy fries and cheeseburger.

* One day, a little bird did the most massive, revolting poop on the chair outside. Housekeeping did not clean this for three days.

* We were booked to have dinner out one night. Just before leaving the concierge called and asked us 'why did you choose that restaurant? it has a bad name. Who recommended it to you?' We said it was THEM who had recommended it to US. They told us to cancel it after it was THEIR idea.

Also on the topic of the concierge, we received several phone calls from them over the duration of our stay, informing us that a taxi was waiting for us. We told them on every occasion that this happened, that we HADN'T even ordered a taxi.

When we went to the library to organise things to do, we made it clear that we didn't want an elephant ride simply because we had done that on a previous trip to Thailand. We listed all the things we wanted to do, and all the things we didn't. You guessed it.......they got it totally confused and booked all the things we said NOT to!!!!! Many phone calls back and forth over 2 days, trying to fix the itinerary. It was such a chore. All we wanted was to do simple things, nothing fancy and it was such an effort. It is not relaxing when YOU have to keep chasing the staff to fix the problems THEY keep making.

* I had booked a private yoga class in the meditation sala. I was looking forward to this! The instructor was lovely......but it was very hard to relax when you have THREE local workman sitting there eating and staring right at you and making comments. Not sure if they worked for the hotel (they were all in different, plain clothes) or if they were from the village next door. For US $85 + for the hour class, I was expecting it to be not only private, but enjoyable.

* On our final check out day, the lobby called to tell us to wait outside the room at 10.15 for the buggy to collect luggage. We waited 20 mins outside, no one came. We had to call them twice before they finally remembered. Check out was then rushed and there was a mad dash to the airport.

The big problem with Trisara is that no one anticiaptes what you need or what you want. YOU need to chase up everything yourself and YOU are the one always asking for everything which becomes very tiring.

However, apart from all the whinging, I must be honest and tell you that the villa was lovely and we were very lucky that we had a great view and it was very private. We could hear the neighbours but we couldn't see them at all. The bed was fabulous and the villa itself was very spacious. However our internet wasn't working in the room and the TV had to be fixed..........................

The cocktails in the bar were delicious, especially the passionfruit caprioska. The home baked bread (the round roll with the salt on top) was superb, as was most of the Thai food and the BBQ lamb cutlets. Gorgeous!

We also enjoyed the Lotus restaurant nearby. It's a must if you like fresh seafood and a casual ambience and the Surin Plaza has cute shops such as Ginger and Lola for the ladies looking for stunning resort wear and accessories. We had a nice meal at Silk upstairs after the shopping below. This is about a 15 min drive from the resort. We had a nice day.

It seemed to us that since Trisara is such a stunning resort to look at, that the staff think the service comes second. Well, it doesn't. Service is what makes a resort for us.

We were relieved to check out. Trisara didn't leave me wanting to return, unlike other properties we have stayed at in the past. We were disappointed, frustrated and felt really ripped off.

Sorry Trisara. I know this is harsh. But for the prices you are charging, I had to tell others about our experience in the hope that service will only get better for those who stay in the future.

• Liked — The stunning private infinity pool and the passionfruit caprioskas
  • Disliked — Having to ask for everything several times
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
35 Thank TravelBug79
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2007

We chose to stay at trisara for a long weekend after hearing rave reviews from friends. While the private infinity pools, unobstructed sea views, and fresh seafood in the restaurant were great, we especially enjoyed the attention to detail such as:
- whenever we took the hotel car, there was a wide variety of music to choose from the ipod that was connected to the car's speakers
- interesting selection of books, dvds, and board games available in the library
- innovative cocktails and fresh fruit drinks at the ocean-facing bar. One tiny annoyance was the ongoing construction near the spa pavillions.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HopingThisHelps
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2007

Ok, my wife and I have stayed in a number of first class hotels both resort style and more conventional hotels and this place was better than any of them. The service was perfect, and I do mean perfect. The food was excellent. The villa was beyond anything I have experienced from a hotel.

Interestingly we had just come back from the Hilton in Barbados and to compare the two Trisara was just in a completely different league. The costs weren't wildly different but the experience was.

We checked out Sri Panwa too, just to compare. Sri Panwa has a better view but isnt close to the beach nor has such great facilities . I am glad we chose Trisara .

As I am running out of superlatives so let me let you know about the only two small faults. First the beach isn't top notch with rocks being close to the shore (the hotel has constructed a jetty out beyond those rocks to help swimmers). Second the excusions are pricey and you are better off organizing fishing, diving, boat trips independently. I saved about 33% by doing this for a deep sea fishing trip.

BTW if you are looking for a more relaxed restaurant, take a taxi to Lotus. You wont be disappointed by the seafood there.

• Liked — The villa
  • Disliked — excursion costs
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tribecaNY
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

Stayed in Trisara for 4 nights at the end of our Cambodia/Thailand trip. It started with a glich about the pick up from the airport (between our agent and the resort) but after a 20 min wait we were picked up by a nice 4x4 Volvo and given an apology by a very helpful driver.

Once arrived in the resort, you can't not admire it - it was undoubtably stylish, very much Aman look-a-like (the GM is ex Aman). Although we booked a private Ocean Fron villa, the one we were given was right next to the open air restaurant area and very overlooked - we asked to change which was not possible that day but the following day they moved us to a very nice, private villa (their signature villa in all of their brochures.

Villas:
really beautiful and spacious and put most super delux hotels to shame (even some Amans), particulary with the decent size private pool, good Bose stereo surround system with hidden flat TV and comfortable seating area. If you get a villa which is more private and with uninterruped sea views, it is hard not to be impressed!

Restaurant:
This is where some of the disappointment comes from - on our first night there we arrived and set on one of the outdoor lounges and it took us good 15 min before we could get anyone's attention and get some drinks.. it continued with a very long wait for our meal, wrong order being served and decent but not outstanding food. Drinks in particular are very pricey (about £20 for a glass of champage!). The service in the restaurant seemed to have fluctuated depending on individual staff, from good to quite poor.

The spa:
I really liked the service and the treatments - the staff seem to be well qualified and their massages were excellent - the treatment rooms were also very nice (as you would expect).

Pool and beach:
Beautiful pool but the beach is not good for swimming - service around the pool was very friendly but most people use their own private pools so rarely busy but more used for lane swimming.

General service:
Staff are very nice and polite but clearly this hotel is still developing and the GM occassionaly does not seem to care much about his guest - I sprained my ankle playing tennis and arrived at dinner hopping around. Staff were quick to bring the requested bucket with water and ice but the GM, although seated at the next table and clearly aware of my little misfortune did not make any effort to find out what happened or if I needed any help (which in any Aman resort would be unheard of). Equally, after the reception staff sent us to a restaurant in town which turned out to have closed 3 months before and then having to wait over an hour in a not particularly nice part of Phuket town, I asked to see the manager but he visibly avoided us for the rest of our stay even though I only wanted to give him some feedback....

Overall:
it is a very luxurios, private and comfortable resort, albeit with very pricey drinks but the service still needs a lot of improvement and it does not correspond with the quality of resort that it is trying to be (compared to Four Seasons in Chaing Mai where we stayed just before where the service was well polished, friendly and 'mature). The villas are stunning and if you are lucky to get one with a good location, it is hard to fault it.

• Liked — Quality, comfort and space. Good size pool
  • Disliked — just make sure you get a villa with some privacy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank zendra
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2007

I stayed at Trisara recently and had a great time! This is a fantastic new property built in 2004 and will appeal to those who want very high end, private villas each with own swimming pool, and all with direct ocean views. There are only 40-50 villas total on the entire property. The pricing is definitely on the higher end so if you want budget or value, this isn't the place for you.

I moved to Trisara after having a bad experience at another resort in Phuket (lots of construction and no beach) and went to 8-10 properties to see before choosing this one. One caveat is that the websites generally look better than the actual resorts so be careful!! You should always ask about whether the beach is swimmable and whether there is construction you can see or hear.

Overall Relaxation: Two thumbs up. You can stay in your own very spacious room w/your own pool and enjoy the ocean views from there. These are very private also. Or you can go to the beach area, which has a very nice swimming pool and beach area.

Service was superior and whenever we had a request, we had 2-3 people waiting on us. They mostly foresaw what types of needs you had w/o even asking!

Beach: in general many beaches in Phuket are not really swimmable, and the same holds for Trisara but the views are great and the sand fantastic.

Food: serves Western and Thai. We sampled Thai mostly and found it to be good. This is the area where we felt was weakest, since prices were high on food and the Thai food was about the same as what you would have at a good Thai restaurant in the US.

Would I go again? Definitely!!

Stayed February 2007
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,036 reviews

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!