“MANAGER VERY ATENTIVE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Thalang District
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“MANAGER VERY ATENTIVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Manager of the resort Mr. Antoine Melon is very attentive and will do everything
for a guest in order to be happy so don't hesitate to contact him.
We had a pool villa and was amazing, the food at the restaurant was very good.
This is the kind of hotel to stay in all day and relax with no disturbances.
It is very close to the airport but a little far from Phuket town and Patong beach.

1 Thank adian f
TrisaraResort, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Adian F,

Thank you for your recognition. At Trisara, I am surrounded by a passionate service team and It is thanks to them that I am able to look after our guests, treating them as family coming to visit us at home. I am glad you appreciated the privacy of our pool villa, unique in Phuket, as well as the quality of our food. Because of our new complimentary fast track service for international arrivals ,guests are now able to be in their pool villa within one hour of touchdown. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,

Antoine Melon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at Trisara last year in high season and all of the things that I wrote in my previous review still stand - I won't repeat myself. This resort is amazing. It is definitely very different in the rainy season - more difficult to swim in the sea, but the pool is amazing. There are also many less people, so there is a very different ambience about the resort - and it's reasonable to say that it is not quite as fantastic as during the dry season. But we still LOVED it - the staff are fantastic and the resort itself is just beautiful, no matter the weather. Couldn't recommend this place enough!!

Room Tip: We stayed in an Pool Suite this time rather than a Pool room - it is definitely worth the extra mone...
2 Thank BevanMelb
TrisaraResort, Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear BevanMelb,

Thank you for taking the time to review Trisara and for your lovely comments. We are very grateful to our returning guests who choose to spend their holidays with us year after year. The team here truly enjoys looking after people and takes pride in the quality of service they deliver. It is great for them to receive such genuine recognition from valued guests such as yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Helen Clarke
Executive Assistant Manager
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I thought only an Aman Resort could deliver such exceptional service. I was wrong.
This was one of our best and loveliest sojourns.
Starting with our disembarkation from our international flight, we were immediately met by a uniformed security representative who escorted us to the diplomatic line for customs. Within moments, they gathered our luggage and swiftly led us to our private driver.
The resort was a short drive from the airport.
Once at the idyllic resort, we were whisked away to our upgraded ocean front pool villa after a short introduction to the resort amenities. The villa was heavenly, and perfectly private.
Service was impeccable. The food exquisite. We had breakfast poolside (our private pool) every morning. Our room service order was delivered elegantly and expediently. The breakfast kickshaw I devoured every morning was an eggs benedict dish with grilled veggies in a flaky baked tart shell...to die for!
It was our anniversary so we enjoyed the "hidden beachside" dinner. Our private chef perfectly grilled lobster and prawns for us as the sun was setting. It was a romantic, magical evening as the wind blew softly, and the sound the waves permeated the air. Lastly, but not least, they surprised us with a chocolate cake to celebrate our special occasion.
The staff was congenial and more than extending in their service.
If one is staying in Phuket, or looking for a romantic "getaway", do not even hesitate to spend your precious time here.

Room Tip: ocean front pool villa
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrisaraResort, Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Linda A,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding your experience at Trisara and we are delighted that we made your anniversary celebrations so memorable. We are proud of the genuine Thai hospitality displayed by the team here along with the high quality of food that our chefs produce on a daily basis and are pleased to hear you enjoyed these all the more in the privacy of your villa.

We believe the added benefit of the complimentary Fast Track service that you mentioned is so important for guests coming in to Phuket on an international flight as immigration can take time and first impressions are lasting. This, along with our proximity to the airport means guests can be at the resort within an hour of landing!

Thank you for visiting Trisara and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Helen Clarke
Executive Assistant Manager
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Have been going to Trisara for a few years for their "elegant" Sunday Brunch, and it genuinely is superb! Just don't be going there, hoping for troughs of scrambled eggs and trays of bacon ! However, if you want a classy, delicious, and thoroughly enjoyable meal, then Trisara is the place.

After those years of wonderful meals, my wife and I decided to stay at one of their villas, for a bit of a break. As expected, Management was very receptive to what we were looking for, and given the off season, were more than generous with their pricing and upgrades. The pool villa we were assigned was simply wonderful. Just what the doctor ordered. Great facilities, great views, just superb.

Getting back to the subject of food, we wanted to maximize our relaxation, so we decided on room service. We have all experienced this ... feeling a bit of anxiety when ordering room service for the first time in a resort ... will be good, will be on time, will it live up to our expectations? Well, this was what every room service should be like !! On time, nothing had been "steamed" to goo, because of staying long under the cloche too long ... and the most important element ... the food was absolutely delicious! We had Thai, as well as western food, and both were excellent.

So all in all, an excellent experience, one that will most certainly be repeated.

With my genuine thanks to Antoine and Helen ...

1 Thank RKhalili32
TrisaraResort, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Reza,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so glad that our fellow Phuket residents and aficionados of the Sunday Jazz Brunch were able to find an opportunity for a relaxing getaway at Trisara.

It is great to hear that our Private Dining food and services were to your satisfaction. I will ensure to pass your kind praise to the kitchen team. Despite the resort being spread over 14 acres of land, the food & beverage team works hard to ensure all orders are delivered while still warm!

We definitely hope that you will be able to repeat the experience and consider Trisara as your second home in Phuket.

Warm Regards,
Antoine
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been here since Friday of last week, to check out tomorrow, Friday. A full week. I'm typing this in our cushy bed, peering out at our infinity pool as it was pouring outside just a moment ago. We got pretty lucky with the weather. With the exception of yesterday and today, we've had full sun, beautiful weather and enjoyed quite a few days lounging by our own pool and down by the beach hammocking our days away.

As I sit down and write this review, I am a bit torn because I truly, really wanted of give Trisara five full amazing stars. My husband and I quite literally chose this place over Aman...and that was a big decision on our part because we are big big fans of Aman resorts. However, TripAdvisor ranked Trisara as no 1 in Phuket, so we figured we would give Trisara a try.

From the moment we walked in to our room, I was pretty happy. The rooms are quite big, and in great condition, albeit a bit of age seen here and there, but nothing that would make you raise an eyebrow. Deliciously comfortable beds, spacious, great quality coffee and tea in the room complete with probably one of the most tasteful homemade(?) chocolate truffles I've ever had. Not to mention the cookies! All these goodies were restocked daily. I have to say, my husband is certainly having his fill of the yummy cookies and I, my fill of the amazing truffles!

Indoor and outdoor shower, big tub, vanity area two sinks...all are wonderful. Sitting area with bay window was utilized a bit by us when we wanted to curl up and read or nap. All in all, the room was amazing. Room #202. Ocean view pool villa I think is what this was called. One of the prettiest rooms we have been in. If you have it in your budget, the full sized villas are a better option, equipped with an infinity pool. I think some of the rooms have plunge pools, but what is the use of that? You want to wake up and go for a swim, not a dip!

Unfortunately we only had one option to dine at while here. With room service and the seafood restaurant open, we didn't feel stifled, however we do wish the bar had been open. I think they open today, and if so. We will certainly check it out. Otherwise, the food here is excellent. Breakfast options are aplenty and it's no problem ordering room service outside of their room service menu. We ordered room service a few times from the seafood restaurant's menu and they happily accommodated that. You can also order from the full menu down by the pool as i thought their pool menu was limited.

Gorgeous super loooooooong pool down by the beach - great for swimming and taking long leisurely laps. Beach was beautiful, except for the rocky bottoms. They do offer shoes for you to wear if you want to explore your way a bit further out into the ocean. From what I read trisara may not have the most pristine beach, but we thought it was fine. No snorkeling from the shore. You'll have to charter a boat to the little island you see out yonder, or you can go elsewhere on the island like phang nga...

Service. Service was the kicker for us. We did meet Mr Antoine Melon, we was gracious and charming above and beyond. He was personable, yet walked that delicate line between being too casual and too formal. We also met Helen upon check-in, and while very sweet, lacked that je nais se quois...she came across as too casual for such a fine resort. But I emphasize she is very sweet nonetheless! Antoine gave great insight to what activities we can partake in which was helpful. It seemed Iike he had a great relationship with his staff.

Back to service. I think that when you are guests of Aman caliber resorts, the beauty of the property is to be expected, along with immaculate residences, however, I do believe that what gives it that superior experience lies in the service. Yes, it was challenging to communicate with the staff, including reception/concierge, and sometimes it was so challenging we just gave up. Concierge should have some of the best English speakers, as I think they correspond the most with the guests. I know other guests have mentioned the same thing and I believe it is getting addressed with English classes for their staff which is great.

Car service. This turned into a small sour experience for me. Perhaps it was communication, perhaps not. Hotel didn't have car service available when we wanted to go into town for a jaunt. We tried to ask for other options, perhaps they had relationships with other hotels, etc where they can help us get car hire. It went back and forth for nearly two hours. Or at least that is how long we waited, only for the staff to come back with a yes, we can get car service through the hotel. Great. We would like that. Sure, wait a bit longer? Not a problem. 1000 baht for the first hour, 800 for subsequent hours? For our anticipated 6-8 hours that we were looking to hire him, that would have totaled over 5000 baht! Yes, I have a problem with that! Only because the previous night, we were charged 1200 for a ride to Patong, a drop off technically where we would find our own way back. When we got there, we decided to ask how much if our driver was to wait for us instead. 2400 total. great, done, wonderful. Reasonable. The driver was with us for nearly 7 hours. This is what I relayed to the reception...to which there was a silence and then I was told I would be called back and he was going to call the bigger reception up the hill. At the end, he called back, said they were going to honor the 2400 baht for all day, but there was going to be service charge and taxes on top of that bringing it to 2800 baht. Sure. No big deal. But this sure left a little spot on our experience. Haggling, or feeling deceived by our hotel? Not a welcoming experience at all. Leave that for the other hotels, trisara should be above this.

Other than this, our stay was good. Not exceptional, because of the service part...but we would consider coming back in the future because the resort grounds and rooms are so lovely. I think what Aman does so well is anticipating your needs BEFORE you even know you have them or have to ask, and they offer it smoothly and discreetly with a really sweet manner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grace F
Antoine M, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Grace F

Thank you for taking the time to review Trisara. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience on the whole and, yes, those delectable truffles are homemade! I am sorry I unable to meet you personally upon departure, but I believe that Helen said goodbye.

I wanted to clarify the situation with the hotel car as we certainly don’t want any guest leaving with the impression that they have been misled as it strictly goes against our culture. I understand that on the first day, you were only charged for the return trip without the additional hourly charge but we honoured the rate as our driver quoted this price. The following day, you spoke with one of our front office staff to book the daytrip. The staff quoted the correct return trip rate with the additional hourly charge. To ensure that we are fair to our guests, we offer rates that are similar to what our peers offer, including Amanpuri. Once you explained to him the rate you paid the previous day, he called the Front Office Manager who agreed that, on this occasion, we would honour the same rate as a gesture of goodwill.

Regarding the English levels of some of the staff here, as you already mentioned in the review, we are working on raising the standard and recognize that this is a key factor for guest satisfaction.

The rocky bottoms you mentioned are actually live corals that provide sanctuary for a whole marine life (fishes, crabs, hermit crabs…) which is great to snorkel at high tide.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Even though, I am not staying with the Trisara Phuket, I have decided to visit their "The Seafood" Restaurant at noon time, due to their high reputation in the Phuket Island. At the Seafood Restaurant, service and ambiance was great, however the food presentation was not as superior as I expect. I ordered the Pumpkin Soup, Cabonara, and Black Truffle Pizza which was receipted by 2 star Michelin Chef from Provence. Although the price was a bit higher than other 5 star hotels in the island, Trisara offers the nice ambiance and service. I hope the presentation or taste of food could be improved a bit for my next visit.

At the restaurant, I have meet the lady who called Ms. Fern who is the Personal Assistant of General Manager at Trisara. She kindly provided a lot of information of the Trisara to us. Also, she shared the story of Trisara's succeed & her GM's contributions. Specially, thank you to Ms. Fern who offer nice thai hospitality for my first visit of Trisara.

Definitely, I cannot wait for my next visiting to Trisara soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ryanwu72
Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Perfect experience. I concur with John5259's review. I want to add some additional details that I experienced. On landing, you will be met by a Trisara member who will have parked at the side, away from the typical arrival mayhem of an airport. He will place your luggage in the car (Volvo SUV with leather interior) and will have water and a cool washcloth waiting. As mentioned in the previous review, it is a short drive to the resort. We were similarly greeted and felt "at home" immediately. There are ample plugs for American electrical appliances and a Bose surround sound system in the villa to plug your MP3 player into via a standard headphone jack -- does not need a phone specific connector. This surround sound also works for the TV and DVD player (DVDs in the library). There will be daily fruit provided along with some cookies and homemade chocolate truffles. Minibar is more a wet bar you might have at home. If you are a coffee or tea snob -- there is a French press with ground coffee awaiting you and a tea press with a variety of tea leaves for you. There will be plenty of fresh flowers in the room that combined with the oil diffusers provide a soothing olfactory experience. After Trisara, I have decided that having my own infinity pool as part of "my room" is my new standard request. I expect to be disappointed -- unless I return to Trisara, of course. Enough said. We ate at the restaurants for almost all meals: they were what you would expect for a luxury resort. The staff were friendly and knew our names and room number early. As a side note, you do not have to ask for the check following your meal. You can if you want and then add a tip or just wait until you depart and leave a tip that gets divided among the employees equally. Your choice. There is never any rush to eat. And you can order all food from the 2 restaurants at any time -- meaning if you want to go to the seafood restaurant and order the pad thai from the other -- no problem. You can also order food to be delivered to your room: highly recommended. Especially the white pizza with truffles. Sunday brunch was fantastic. Going during the beginning of the "low season" ("wet season") was great -- we pretty much had the place to ourselves. But there were enough interesting people to keep things interesting. We even saw a wedding on the beach. The staff will easily work to arrange any trip you want. Even during the low season, they were able to find some adequate boat trips (the one day venturing away from the oasis of impeccable service). Mind you: during the wet season SCUBA is more challenging if non-available due to tides/sea-state and the majority of the boat trips will have to be modified. So if that is important to you -- you may want to call ahead to see what they will be running. Trisara cannot change Mother Nature. Leaving the resort was also a great (albeit sad) experience. We were similarly collected and transported to the airport in an equally efficient and polite manner. But the best part: there is a porter there who is part of Trisara who collects your bags at the car and whisks you to the counter (bypassing the line) and gets you checked in. We were not officially "detached" from Trisara until going through security when he had to say goodbye. Amazing. Note, there are no ATMs on the resort, so I recommend arriving with sufficient bills for tips that may arise such as for taxi drivers you may call, etc.

1 Thank JAG2021
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,036 reviews

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!